Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 04:05 PM       

A 2-CD collection of studio outtakes for songs that they never included on any of the original 3 Stooges albums and only played live (Head On, Cock in my Pocket, Open Up and Bleed, etc.). They're not very polished, so it still feels like a bootleg album, but at least Iggy doesn't sound like he's about to have a heart attack on stage and die like he does on every single fucking live recording he's got

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jul 20th, 2011 at 06:09 PM.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 08:12 PM       
I can't see Iggy without first remembering him on Pete and Pete, then remembering the Venture bros episode with him on it.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jul 20th, 2011, 09:41 PM       

It's decent hash, it's decent hash, I swear on my tache it's decent hash.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 03:51 AM       

Also, Stereolab is how I now know where Miss Modular's name came from

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 22nd, 2011, 06:27 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 10:10 AM       

I keep hearing this sound like Homer Simpson.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 23rd, 2011, 07:16 PM       
My mom and I had a big argument about Iggy Pop the other day. She watches American Idol, you see. Apparently he was one of those "guest experts" or whatever they're called. My mom had no idea who the fuck he was, she just knew that some old man was up on stage without a shirt on and she didn't think that was very dignified for someone his age.

I tried to explain Iggy Pop to her. She doesn't seem to understand.

Finally, I looked up the performance on Youtube and it's so petrifyingly lame that I can barely handle it. Number one, it's not right without the Ashetons. Number two, it's so watered down it's barely recognizable. Number three, the idiot contestants dancing up on the couch...I was embarrassed for them.

compare to:

Last edited by Kitsa : Jul 23rd, 2011 at 07:19 PM. Reason: adding another link
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 02:36 PM       

Welcome back to America Dave Smasher. This has the most personal significance to me from their new album. Still another 8 years for me.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 05:24 PM       

Not my favorite crack rock steady band (that would be choking victim), but I enjoy them all the same.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 05:44 PM       
They're badass. /i like how they were uploaded by m xpx. lol
The Glum Cunt
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 06:03 PM       
One of the guys I used to skateboard with was a huge christian and always tried to put mxpx into my boombox while we were out. I broke his cd once because of that. Ended up buying him a new one though, to keep things civil. I didn't even realize that mxpx face was on there haha
SKATASTIC
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 06:09 PM       

I used to listen to to shit out of this album when it came out.
The Glum Cunt
Old Jul 24th, 2011, 06:20 PM       
They weren't bad back then, but I was too busy listening to AFI and Against All Authority to really care much about them. That was back before AFI was all emo about ghosts and pumpkins or whatever they're doing now.
That damn kid
Hangie is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 10:26 AM       
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 08:17 AM       
I started to say, "I love MC Chris sometimes" but amended it to, "I love MC Chris. Sometimes."
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 09:40 PM       
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 12:11 AM       

This'd be up your alley, 10kVG.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 01:41 AM       
is that wu-tang and fugazi?
The Glum Cunt
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 06:54 AM       

They played one of the best shows I've ever been to.
Opened up with the band 'By the Grace of God' whom I discovered too late to see them again, then At The Drive-In, followed by the Murder City Devils. That was back when venues were cheaper to get into and I only paid 9 bucks.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:36 AM       

Come back Sikth
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 09:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
is that wu-tang and fugazi?
jawohl
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:18 AM       
It's a mashup isn't it. For a second I thought the bands got together and made an album. Fugazi has been known to do that.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:28 AM       
Yeah, I apologize if there was confusion. I've been burnt out on mashups for the past year or so. The internet's just been inundated with shitty dance tracks for a while. But when someone takes the time and effort to make a whole album or mixtape, especially of two distinct and disparate elements, then I can dig it. The first track off Wugazi is great and I think the others'll grow on me.

There was a Jay Z vs. Brian Eno thing a little while ago that I had on repeat for a while.

☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:35 AM       
Cool, the Jay Z Vs Eno sounds pretty. :O
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jul 28th, 2011, 10:41 AM