Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 11:16 AM       
I heard that they're hemorrhaging money at an alarming rate. I don't know what they've got planned Isn't it something like $12M/year or something like that?

It's kind of a shame because they've got a lot of good things going for them, they're a family-friendly team with great programs. I think they're under-marketed and certainly under-merchandised. I never quite figured out why farm team status was taken from the Dayton Bombers, but the Bombers are sitting out the season themselves.

I think they should thank their lucky stars they have Nash, for one. And Mason, the Detroit fluke aside, is doing great. I felt bad that Torres took a puck to the face...haven't heard how that turned up, did he break anything?

In unrelated news, my christmas-display net keeps falling apart. I think I'm going to lean Pazzy against the house.

edit: OUCH. http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...e=95078&spln=1

Last edited by Kitsa : Nov 14th, 2009 at 12:03 PM. Reason: update re torres
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 14th, 2009, 01:19 PM       
2 things

1) Torres, it sounds like, is in for some massive maxillofacial reconstructive surgery.

2) Wait a tic, there's fantasy hockey now?
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM       
Screencap of an email I got today...sounds a bit ominous

teacup of sunshine
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 06:28 PM       
So I was all excited about seeing the Jackets-Sens game last night because I wanted to see the big meetup- old goalie vs. new.

Yeah, except Pazzy took a puck to the jaw while on the bench (for another injury) and is out for another month.

http://boards.ign.com/hockey/b5111/187126364/p1/

He ended his Blue Jackets career on an injury, and has been injured at least twice since. Doh.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 03:31 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 10:39 PM       
What on earth is going on with the Blue Jackets? Why pull Mason if Garon is going to suck just as bad?

Nice touch with the closeup on the blood-scraper guys after last night's Phoenix game, btw.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 11:50 PM       

around 1:54, if you want to skip the fight and go right to them.

There was an embarassing goal right beforehand that bounced off Methot's calf and right into the net.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 12:09 AM       
Geeze Boll kicked his ass hard. He even landed less punches doing it.

By the way I used to have a tool like the blood scrapers used, but it got lost in the move.

I miss that tool
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 02:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post

Fucking wish they had dollar drink night here. The end of the interview was cut off where he actually tells the fans that the stick was for the girl and that they should just give it to her.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 08:53 AM       
I was surprised that Boll did that much damage, too, especially against a guy that big. But it's nice to see Boll jumping back into shitstarter duty...he'd been kind of mild there for a while.

I see those scraper tools at the mall every once in a while, people scraping gum and stuff off the floor. I can see where they'd be pretty handy.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 09:01 AM       
Flyers have been wall-to-wall suck lately.
You may already be there.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 07:54 PM       
They're playing the winter classic, though, right? I saw whatshisface curly hair going on about it at length on the Price is Right...they're playing the Bruins.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 02:04 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
They're playing the winter classic, though, right? I saw whatshisface curly hair going on about it at length on the Price is Right...they're playing the Bruins.
Drew Carey?

Can't wait for new years day hockey.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 24th, 2009, 05:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Yep. Should be a real classic all right.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM       
No, some guy from Philly with long curly hair, name eludes me at the moment.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 27th, 2009, 10:12 PM       
Also...I like Steve Mason okay, but I am not liking his tantrums too much.

(see around 9:20...or whenever it is the shootout finally ends...for example)

teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 07:25 AM       
Holy shit, Blue Jackets finally won one. And against the Redwings.

Fucking DVR cut off with 22 seconds left in the 3rd, 0-0, so I had to go looking to figure out what happened in OT.
SKATASTIC
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 05:58 PM       
That's horrible(The DVR part) What did you throw at the tv?
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 29th, 2009, 07:04 PM       
Guess it's my own fault for not telling it to record 1/2 hour over...usually I do but I forgot.

Haven't thrown anything at the TV since the night the Redwings won the cup (a roll of toilet paper that was handy).
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Dec 30th, 2009, 04:31 PM       
Just two months ago I was ready to give up on the Wild after the atrocious 3-9 start but now they are clawing their way to a playoff spot.

Also, fuck Marion Gaborik. Who does he think he is leaving town and managing to play injury free hockey?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 08:17 AM       
Same with the Flyboys - they're on a 4 game win streak heading into the "winter classic" at Fenway. It could be a good game, the way they're playing right now.

Beat the Rangers last night 6-zip. Ouch.
teacup of sunshine
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 09:32 PM       
Must remember to record winter classic tomorrow. Must....remember. Must remember.

Where is it? Vs? I can't remember last year, I thought some network had it but that seems quite unlikely with all the bowl games.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Dec 31st, 2009, 09:47 PM       
I don't think I get coverage with Comcast in my area. Surprisingly. Which is a shame.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Dec 31st, 2009 at 09:53 PM. Reason: looked it up. :(