Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 05:12 PM       
This is obscure:
Imaginary pains are by far the most real we suffer, since we feel a constant need for them and invent them because there is no way of doing without them.

If you are doomed to devour yourself, nothing can keep you from it: a trifle will impel you as much as a tragedy. Resign yourself to erosion at all times: your fate wills it so.

To exist is a state as little conceivable as its contrary. No, still more inconceivable.

A monster, however horrible, secretely attracts us, pursues us, haunts us. He represents, enlarged, our advantages and our miseries, he proclaums US, he is our standard-bearer.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2009, 05:20 PM       
Everything that IS engenders, sooner or later, nightmares. Let us try, therefore, to invent something better than being.

the right to suppress everyone that bothers us should rank first in the constitution of the ideal state.

LUTHER DEAD by Lucas Fortnagel. A plebian, aggressive, terrifying mask, as of some sublime hog... which perfectly renders the features of the man we cannot sufficiently praise for having declared: "Dreams are liars; if you shit in your bed, that's true."
:D
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM       
It's like mental diarrhea :/
BANNED

Old Feb 9th, 2009, 02:20 AM       
i guess so
BANNED

Old Feb 9th, 2009, 03:18 PM       
Quote:
Imaginary pains are by far the most real we suffer, since we feel a constant need for them and invent them because there is no way of doing without them.
That strikes me as pretty accurate -- at least for me.

Quote:
To exist is a state as little conceivable as its contrary. No, still more inconceivable.
That sums up the absurdity of existence.

Quote:
the man we cannot sufficiently praise for having declared: "Dreams are liars; if you shit in your bed, that's true."
That's just hilarious and awesome.

I don't know its either mental diarhhea or you're a twat! Or both. However, given the fact that he's a somewhat famous philosopher and you're some annoying douchebag on the internet I'll go with the later.
Disjunctive syllogism
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 03:53 PM       
I wasn't infringing upon your right to be insufferable.

'Annoying douchebag' may be a tad uncalled-for. You're a little capricious with the abuse.

Last edited by Kitsa : Feb 9th, 2009 at 03:55 PM. Reason: minor grammar self correction because it always goes right to that
BANNED

Old Feb 9th, 2009, 05:28 PM       
Yea cause you're a little teacup of fucking sunshine with all y our positive comments.

WHAT A LOAD OF MENTAL DIARRHEA
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 05:54 PM       
What part of copious velocity fails to describe the rapid-fire syllogism, kahljorn?
BANNED

Old Feb 9th, 2009, 08:32 PM       
What part of vaginal antithetics fails to demerit the aspects of pretension in your congregationalizing, Kitsa ?
BANNED

Old Feb 9th, 2009, 08:40 PM       
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 9th, 2009, 09:19 PM       
I was following the "when in Rome" principle.
BANNED

Old Feb 12th, 2009, 12:20 AM       
I'm supposed to write a gay philosophy paper to win some money but i can't decide what my topic should be ;\
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 12:49 PM       
The moral and practical implications of simply imprisoning pedophiles in a gigantic, self-sufficient "colony" in the Nevada Desert that just happen to be surrounded by fences straight out of a concentration camp as they will never be rehabilitated and people will bitch if you flat-out euthanize them

This is more complicated than it sounds, sex offenders all over are having serious difficulty buying real estate due to their histories, guaranteeing them a home in an isolated, childfree, self-sufficient city kills two birds with one stone
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 13th, 2009, 04:54 PM       
I got a sex offender postcard the last place I lived, that was weird...the postcard made me obsess over it way more than I would have if they hadn't sent out anything.

As in, "Wow, they sent out a postcard about this guy. I'll have to keep an eye out."
BANNED

Old Feb 14th, 2009, 03:04 AM       
Quote:
The moral and practical implications of simply imprisoning pedophiles in a gigantic, self-sufficient "colony" in the Nevada Desert that just happen to be surrounded by fences straight out of a concentration camp as they will never be rehabilitated and people will bitch if you flat-out euthanize them

This is more complicated than it sounds, sex offenders all over are having serious difficulty buying real estate due to their histories, guaranteeing them a home in an isolated, childfree, self-sufficient city kills two birds with one stone
Except that you are imprisoning them when they are supposed to be free or on parole. ;o
Maybe the difficulty in adjusting to a world that knows about them is PART OF THEIR PUNISHMENT. Plus shit man all kinds of people have problems finding real estate they can move into. ARE WE GONNA SHIP EM OFF TO A CONCENTRATION CAMP? Rent an apartment.

ps i once did one of those searches for sex offenders in the area and this area and an area just north of here are full of sex offenders! I guess they dont have TOO HARD OF A TIME FINDING REAL ESTATE
lol
teacup of sunshine
Old Feb 14th, 2009, 11:37 AM       
I have 12 registered sex offenders within 2 miles of my house.

13 if you count one I'm pretty sure just hasn't been caught yet.
BANNED

Old Feb 14th, 2009, 03:10 PM       
heh ;\ there are like two elementary schools in this neighborhood, a highschool, and some other elementary schools are spread out in the vicinity, and there are probably like 45 registered sex offenders within 3 miles ;\