Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 01:39 PM        Vista
So Vista was officially released today, anyone got it yet?

Ive been running Vista Ultimate as my primary OS for around a week now (got an OEM copy) and it's great. Looks sleek and has some really good functionality.

One of my favourite features is the desktop widgets. I've got a callender, CPU/memory meter, note pad and RSS reader currently. With any luck there should be a ton more on the MS website before long.
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 02:08 PM       
Is it not the resource not I imagine it to be? ;o
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 02:17 PM       
I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars on a new OS when the one I have works fine and the new one just makes it harder for me to get free games :<
Mini-Mock
W01fman is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 03:58 PM       
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 04:24 PM       
hilarious!
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 04:27 PM       
Haha man that guy is so right, OSX is exactly what I need for my non-apple PC which wouldn't allow me to install OSX.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 04:34 PM       
that comic should have said linux not mac os x am i right down with micro$$$$oft fuck capitalism open source the world

in other news today i spent $1000 on a physics processor for my computer so my pirated games running on my windows emulator will look awesome
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 09:52 PM       
i can tell already that wzeroonelfman is going to do great here
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 02:06 AM       
what's a physics processor?
Mini-Mock
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 08:59 AM        Physics Processor
A physics processer makes your games look better and affects how the physics of an object react to the environment.
Mini-Mock
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 09:26 AM        ...
Thanks Executioneer. I've been a long time reader of I-Mockery, almost 5 years. Rog put the link up the "New Improved Forums" on the main page so I decided I'd see how it was.

mozz is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 01:51 PM       
Hmm. I downloaded a Longhorn beta months back, quite unstable back then. Havn't tryed the new Vista release yet. Lookin pretty slick though in the GUI.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 10:01 PM       
I'm on Vista right now, and it's pretty boss ass. I wouldn't suggest getting it unless you're building a brand new computer though.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 7th, 2007, 03:57 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ypt_FzRAk
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 10:58 AM       
That guy just comes off like a douche.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Feb 8th, 2007, 04:37 PM       
Well he is a radio host. So I guess that explains it.
Official forum judge
Girl Drink Drunk is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2007, 10:58 PM       
Has anyone had a problem playing older games? I intsalled Starcraft on my (recently purchased) HP Pavilion laptop, and at first the game ran normally, and then the next day the colors on the menu screen were all fucked up. The game itself played at a good speed and Im hoping it's just a flaw of the Vista Premium OS (and not some fucking virus or software).
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 10:32 AM       
Thumbs down to opie and anthony, and thumbs down to this thread.

I b Willies Cookie Tester
Lenor sucksLenor sucks
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 06:23 PM       
*BUMP*

I Just installed Vista Ultimate x86, the only problems I have are with the VLC player. It lags a little and changes the color 'theme'. And when you install any updates, the screen will out of no-where turn black, change the resolution for a few seconds, turn black yet again. Then go back to the original settings.

I've read that this is a common problem with the VLC player on videolan.org. Luckily though I have an ATI vid card, so it will show picture. It's just rather annoying.

Other than that, there is a lot of cool new shit. And my wireless runs far better.

I don't have any problems (yet), that I can see, with chojin's issue's about illegally downloaded/downloading shit.
Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperwulf View Post
Has anyone had a problem playing older games? I intsalled Starcraft on my (recently purchased) HP Pavilion laptop, and at first the game ran normally, and then the next day the colors on the menu screen were all fucked up. The game itself played at a good speed and Im hoping it's just a flaw of the Vista Premium OS (and not some fucking virus or software).

I get that too. What I do is click the Campaign Editor from the main menu and then restore Starcraft. 9 out of 10 times that fixes the fucked up color

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 08:22 PM       
what wrong with the dork with glasses's arm in that comic?

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 8th, 2007, 09:19 PM       
His elbow is where his hip should be.
Forum Virgin
Albino Bat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 11:59 PM       
I got Vista the other day (not by choice, my other comp decided to crash for the 3rd time in 2 weeks so I just decided to rent one). Sure, people are saying the security's the worst part, but it wouldn't fucking recognize my ISP CD, which was up to date Spent a few hours on hold w/ tech support for a bunch of different related problems.Also wouldn't recognize the modem... Although I must say I am impressed with how everything looks. It's just eye candy... Eye candy that makes me never want to go back to XP...
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 07:48 AM       
So my suspisions were correct.