Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 07:08 PM        First 100 hours cut short for..... FOOTBALL!
It's only the first week of the 110th Congress, but Democrats have already called a time-out so lawmakers can enjoy a very important event — the BCS championship football game between University of Florida and the Ohio State University.

"There is a very important event happening Monday night, particularly for those who live
in Ohio and Florida. In the spirit of comity, and I know if Maryland were playing, I would want to be accommodated and I want to accommodate my friend, Mr. Boehner," House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer on Friday in reference to new House Minority Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio.

Also something unrelated I didn't wanna post a new thread on.

And speaking of idiots New Jersey is up to something interesting. New Jersey is to consider cutting the word 'idiot' from its constitution so that people with some mental disabilities won't be barred from voting. State Senate President Richard Codey introduced a bill Monday that would remove language from the New Jersey constitution that was designed more than 150 years ago to prevent people suffering from mental illness or handicap from casting their vote in national, state or local elections.

Codey wants to eliminate a section that says "no idiot or insane person should enjoy the right of suffrage" and substitute with a reference to "a person who has been adjudicated by a court of competent jurisdiction to lack the capacity to understand the act of voting."
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 07:19 PM       
If they had ever actually enforced that clause, most of New Jersey would be barred from voting.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 07:53 PM       
I think it should be rectified to say that anybody with an iq under 100 and no classes in political science/economy should be barred from voting.

What do you guys think should we DESERVE to vote or should any idiot who doesn't know what they are voting for vote because it makes them feel righteous?

Man i hate the senate. First they complain about their work hours, now football season illicits a holiday. WHAT ABOUT BASEBALL AND HOCKEY AND THE MINNESOTA SPELLING BEE?
Unmedicated genius
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 11:08 PM       
well as long as they off politics classes to ANYONE regardless of money or age that might possibley work. But keep in mind you must not discriminate. At one point they wanted to put a Poll tax in place to discourage the poor from voting.

I think the new proposed wording is good, it doesn't discriminate against competant crazies like me.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 02:14 PM       
Talking about discrimination when it comes to hiring who and who and treating who and who fairly is one thing, when it comes to deciding the "Fate" of the country it's completely different. It's just like with anything important, you wouldn't put the hands of the country/a company in the hands of a retard, would you? Would you vote a retard in to office, honestly? Maybe if more idiots who thought that morality consisted of banning gay marriage and no stem cell research hadn't have voted we wouldn't be in so precarious a situation ;/
Discrimination isnt as bad as people make it out to be, especially when it comes to responsibility; you have to hire a RESPONSIBLE person. Black people can be responsible, gays can be responsible, women can be responsible, mexicans can be responsible, poor people can be responsible; IDIOTS who don't even know what they are doing or who they are voting for can not be responsible.
Discrimination isn't the problem, it's unfair, irrelevant discrimination that is a problem.

That said, I think political classes should be mandatory and free. Hell, maybe before you vote they could even play some type of objective video stating their stances at least, without words like "MORALITY". It disgusts me that somebody could even win on that platform, as if john kerry were some immoral swine or something.
Unmedicated genius
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 07:24 AM       
True that, which is why we have the electoral college and smear campaigns of course they don't always work.

Do you really think the people elected would change if they enforced that? I suppose we can only hope.
Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 10:16 AM       
There's someone named Boehner?

Also, remember that Dick Codey is a supporter of the rights for those with mental disabilities and would do whatever pops into his stupid head. That's one of his main passions and he made it very clear once he entered office after our Queen had been ejected.

He shames my state. But so does everyone. Including me.

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Out of his element.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 10:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
If they had ever actually enforced that clause, most of New Jersey would be barred from voting.
I don't think Kansas would be a voting state at all. Sorry Clinton.

BANNED

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 02:02 PM       
I don't think it would necessarily change, it probably wouldn't, but at least smart, relatively responsible people dont vote someone in twice in a row and then go, "MAN I NEVER WANTED THAT GUY IN OFFICE IN THE FIRST PLACE" and don't learn anything from their stupidity then become conspiracy 911 theory nutwads BUSH IS EVIL EVIL PRESIDENT HE WANTZ WRLD DUMINATIONN DUNT LET HIM SUSEED SIGN MY PETITION !!!

or worse become even more hostile, arrogant " moralistic " Christians :O
Out of his element.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 02:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I don't think it would necessarily change, it probably wouldn't, but at least smart, relatively responsible people dont vote someone in twice in a row and then go, "MAN I NEVER WANTED THAT GUY IN OFFICE IN THE FIRST PLACE" and don't learn anything from their stupidity then become conspiracy 911 theory nutwads BUSH IS EVIL EVIL PRESIDENT HE WANTZ WRLD DUMINATIONN DUNT LET HIM SUSEED SIGN MY PETITION !!!
You made me haha.

BANNED

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 02:30 PM       
LAUGHTER MAKES THE WORLD WORTH LIVING