Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Virgin
Serp is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 08:26 AM        Top 10 horror movies..
I was looking around the forums and didn't see one so I will create one now. What are your top 10 horror movies?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:14 PM       
YOU FIRST NEWB!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 05:41 PM       
Bad Taste
Dead Alive
Bio Zombie
Terror Firmer
Zombie 3 (With the Swash Buckling zombie)
The Crazies
Freddy Vs. Jason (Fire the torpedos!)
The Killer Condom
Jack Frost 2
The Stuff

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Mar 2nd, 2009 at 06:14 PM.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 06:22 PM       
STOP ENCOURAGING IT!

That was very funny. Well done.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 07:20 PM       
fear dot com
Forum Virgin
Serp is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 10:37 PM       
I'm just asking for peoples top 10... I need to increase my collection and just needed some selections.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 12:44 AM       
Ok, I gotta ask... why did you like Jack Frost 2 better than the original? The original had much better one-liners, better kills and better production value. The sequel, while still amusing (especially with the mini-Jacks), just doesn't compare to it if ya ask me.

Glad to see somebody else appreciates The Stuff though. Great flick.
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:03 AM       
Killer Clowns from Outer Space
The Monster Squad
Jason X
Shaun of the Dead
Army of Darkness
Leprechaun in the Hood
Bride of Chucky
Gremlins
Return of the Living Dead
Anything parodied on MST 3K
...I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you thump your bible, and you say your prayers, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your psalms, talk about John 3:16; Austin 3:16 says, "I just whipped your ass!"
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 01:25 AM       
Phantasm (Booooooy!)
The Gate, I'm going to have to say Gate 2 is tied for second as well, big deal
Basketcase
Tourist Trap
Dellamorte Dellamore (Cemetery Man)
Street Trash
Tenebrae
Return of the Living Dead
Pieces
Blood Sucking Freaks
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 06:25 PM       
Fuck horror movies, I'm just in it for the remakes!
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 09:58 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery View Post
Ok, I gotta ask... why did you like Jack Frost 2 better than the original? The original had much better one-liners, better kills and better production value. The sequel, while still amusing (especially with the mini-Jacks), just doesn't compare to it if ya ask me.

Glad to see somebody else appreciates The Stuff though. Great flick.
Mainly because Jack 2 was worse. Me and my friends had all watched Jack 1. We all got together and were supposed to make a music video for our media productions class and instead we watched Jack 2 because no one had seen it yet. I have great memories of just watching it. The terrible production value(the Skinamax lense.) how the one guy came back with an eyepatch, the part where he froze the entire tropical island, the super soaker with the laser sights and of course the mini jacks.

Here's hoping for Jack 3!

The Stuff is great, I just love the guy in the beginning who thinks it's a great idea to see how it tastes.

If no one has seen Bio Zombie I highly recommend it. I bought it thinking it was going to be garbage and a laugh fest. Turns out it was actually a pretty cool movie.
mmmm....custom user title
TheBigMan045 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2009, 11:31 PM       
no real order but heres my top 10:
Bad Taste
Evil Dead 2
Halloween 2
Freddy v Jason
The Exorist
Shaun of the Dead
The return of the dead
Dawn of the dead (remake)
Bride Of Chucky
Childs Play

I agree with 10kVG with Bad Taste, Peter Jackson at his cheapest, and funniest
See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!
It's a jelly.
kidneyboy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 01:35 AM       
okay, here goes:

Dawn of the Dead - original
Evil Dead 1 & 2
Halloween and Halloween 2
Friday the 13th 4
Dead Alive
Redneck Zombies
Shaun of the Dead
Night of the Living Dead - Savini's remake
Zombi
Splatter University
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 02:31 AM       
Bubba Ho Tep is a good movie to watch repeatedly.
in training
electric ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:57 AM       
In no particular order

Evil dead
Halloween
Army of darkness
Brain dead a.k.a dead alive
Black sheep
Dawn of the dead (original)
the Blob (also original)
Planet terror
Alien
the Thing
SKATASTIC
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 04:59 AM       
The first day I got Bad Taste I must've watched it at least 3 times in a row I was so impressed with it.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM       
Bad Taste is like the only good movie with Harry Potter in it.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:11 AM       
Then you haven't seen the original Troll.
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 08:41 AM       
I totally forgot about Harry Potter, how could of I forgotten... and Julia Dreyfus

Harry Potter meets Seinfield, that's all I can think about now. Krammer comes in to see Jerry but instead he finds Sonny Bono turning into a giant pile of green shit and what looks to be George wandering around, sweating, reading a magazine.....naked.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 4th, 2009, 11:04 AM       
1)Ju-on, the V-Cinema release, for sheer creepiness (fuck the stupid Grudge shit)
2)Battle Royale
3)Ebola Syndrome (second only in fuck-upedness to Ichi the Killer, which I don't consider horror)
4)Friday the 13th Part VIII- Jason Takes Manhattan (sentimental value, it's my favorite Jason)
5) Uzumaki (there's one scene that I know damn well is coming and it makes me jump every single time)
6)The Dawn of the Dead remake (with zoombies)/ Shaun of the Dead (tie)
7) Popcorn and Shocker, tied (blast from the past)
8) It (jeebus gods was Tim Curry good, but I can't bring myself to watch it too often so it's hard to call it a favorite)
9) Silent Night, Deadly Night
10) Prom Night 2: Hello Mary Lou

There are some that are warm fuzzies for me and don't quite make the list, like the Ghoulies and Critters series. Also, I'm a purist about my J-Horror and don't consider it all horror, so I left Suicide Circle and stuff like that off.
mmmm....custom user title
TheBigMan045 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 07:37 PM       
wouldnt really call it a horror movie, (Has one or two freaky parts) more of a black comedy but meet the feebles is an extremley twisted movie with puppets. The muppets on crack basically
See, there's three kinds of people: dicks, pussies, and assholes. Pussies think everyone can get along, and dicks just want to fuck all the time without thinking it through. But then you got your assholes. And all the assholes want us to shit all over everything! So, pussies may get mad at dicks once in a while, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes. And if they didn't fuck the assholes, you know what you'd get? You'd get your dick and your pussy all covered in shit!
Pickled Patriarch
Old Mar 7th, 2009, 10:51 PM       
My absolute favorite horror movie of all time is John Carpenter's "Prince Of Darkness". There never has and never will be a horror movie that tops that flick as far as I'm concerned.

That being said, here are some other horror movies that definitely make my favorites list (naturally, I've featured a most of them on the site before in some capacity):

-Phantasm 1 & 2 (absolutely original and manages to be both funny and truly creepy)

-A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (my favorite in the series)

-Halloween 3: Season of the Witch (such a fun flick and a great concept, you just gotta ignore the whole "it's not about Michael Myers" thing and accept that it's a stand-alone film)

-JAWS (sharks are awesome and any movie that manages to scare people about even setting foot in the water is aok in my book. Furthermore, Quint is one of the all-time greatest silver screen characters)

-Jack Frost (still one of the funniest horror comedies I've ever seen. Totally indie and underrated)

-Silent Night, Deadly Night (another extremely entertaining holiday horror flick that everybody should see. Punish!)

-Dark Night of the Scarecrow (a very creepy made for TV movie that gave myself and many other kids nightmares when they were younger)

-Night of the Creeps (you'll be hard-pressed to find a better movie about alien life forms infecting your brain and turning you into zombies)

-Dead Alive (screw LOTR, this is Peter Jackson's finest and most insanely gory cinematic work)

-Killer Klowns From Outer Space (cotton candy cocoons to store dead humans in? Genuis.)

-Day of the Dead (my favorite Romero flick and Bub the zombie rules)

-The Toxic Avenger (part horror, part comedy, all awesome and as indie as they come.)

-The Blob (the remake in 1989 is an absolute classic and it's extremely over the top with the gore in some scenes)
filthiest soap dish
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 12:11 AM       
Excellent choices for Phantasm amazing movies. I know I didn't list Dead Alive or Bad Taste (my favorites) but I love them more than anything. The first Jack Frost is a brilliant decision but it didn't quite make my top ten but never the less it's some classic cheese.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM       
The whole "flying silver orb of death" concept really fucked with me as a kid. I saw them in my peripheral vision a lot.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM       
Dead Alive. YES.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD