Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Choking Hazard
Spetsnaz is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 07:07 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscurus Lupa View Post
I'm not sure why you would be watching Army of Darkness when you were really young. Maybe the sex jokes went over your head, but my parents probably wouldn't want me watching it.

Army of Darkness (though I like it just as much as any other Evil Dead fan), in my opinion, has nothing to do with the first two movies at all. It's not horror (yeah, there's an army of deadites, but it's NOT horror), there's barely any blood, and there's little-to-no possessions. Also, he isn't crying over Linda, but I suppose that's an improvement if he's going to be a badass. I don't think of it as an extension of Evil Dead, and I'm fine with it. I just view it as a really camp action movie starring Bruce freakin' Campbell.

Evil Dead II was the best one, for sure. It's not like the first one because the first one didn't have a chainsaw hand or crazy hicks with bad teeth. Oh, and no laughing deer head.
My mother forced me to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show with her when I was four. I don't think anything about EITHER movie went over my head.
Banned

kgp4death is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 11:19 PM       
All of them are classics and Bruce Campbell is the best. Chessy one liners kick ass. What was also good was Bubba ho tep anybody watch that?
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2009, 11:49 PM       
Bubba Ho Tep is one of my favorite movies. It has some solid one liners, however the actual movie is solid gold.

I think Army of Darkness is one of those things where, it either effects you in that 'OMG this is the best movie ever!!!' or it doesn't.

I'm one of the OMG crowd. Think I like the first Evil Dead best though, not sure why.