Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Little Monster
Miss Modular is probably a spambot
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 06:59 PM        Looking forward to looking back on the Bush Administration
For the past several days, I've been thinking...even if John McCain is our next President, I'm going to be looking back a year from now wondering how we survived eight years of this farce.

Does anyone else feel the same way?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 07:34 PM       
What makes you think the next President is going to do you right? You guys are so gullible. Wait till you have been through a few Presidents. Nothing is going to get better folks.
Little Monster
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
What makes you think the next President is going to do you right? You guys are so gullible. Wait till you have been through a few Presidents. Nothing is going to get better folks.
I'm not talking about the next president. What I'm talking about is how this president is going to look in retrospect.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:11 PM       
Like a true American Hero.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 07:39 PM       
wachu gonna do when john mccain and all his mccainiacs run wild on you
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 02:47 PM       
I really, really like the idea of Bush squirming and flaccidly trying to justify himself for the rest of his life.

Here's to the hope of memoirs!
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 05:13 PM       
Any "G-Dub" memoir would have to be ghost-written. He has the writing capacity of my 5-year-old daughter, and much less ability in the way of thoughtful dialogue.

I read somewhere that they tried to estimate the IQ's of the presidents over the past 40 years or so judging only by the quality of their attributed writings. They had a lot of trouble finding enough writings attributable solely to Jr. , but the estimate was by far and away the lowest in recent history.

I'm not surprised.
You may already be there.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 06:59 PM       
I don't think he'll do too much squirming trying to justify himself. I think what we'll see is that there will be two separate histories: one that remembers him fondly, and one based on actual events. He'll just stick to only doing functions for those that were supportive of him through and through, and he'll likely end his life comfortably and sure of himself.

Really, I think the only kind of backlash story we can expect is some nut throwing a pie at him, or some similar event.

But I'm no pessimist.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 25th, 2008, 07:10 PM       
Men of Oil do not squirm.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 04:10 PM       
Not while there are milkshakes to be drunk.

Little Monster
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 11:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie View Post
I think what we'll see is that there will be two separate histories: one that remembers him fondly, and one based on actual events.
Bingo!
Forum Virgin
Harry Paget Flashman is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 02:01 AM       
Bush's legacy will be that he never got any drilling done in ANWR or in the Florida littoral. With gasoline at $3.50 and rising it is a sorry legacy. Does anybody know the utility of narwhal, manatee and caribou in bio-diesel manufacture? I'm thinking that they are at least a renewable resource being mammals and all.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 04:33 AM       
With all due respect, I look at it as a legacy that took our dependence on foreign oil to new heights. Rather than demand improved fuel efficiency from car manufacturers and encouraging research in alternative propulsion and alternative energy, he instead whined about Congress not allowing him to drill a hole in every nature preserve looking for more oil. This is not the legacy of a leader, but that of a puppet.

And Exxon/Mobil set another record for profits in a quarter. Everyone happy about that?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 12:44 PM       
No one really cares about the "sacrifices" of our freedoms we gave up during his reign? You guys remember that daddy was head of the CIA before he was vice president to Reagan right?
Forum Virgin
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 02:33 PM       
We depend on foreign oil because no one wants to ride public transit despite the fact that that's the best way to meet the nicest people. We deserve high energy prices as long as we cry "NIMBY".

We can all help by recycling. Why toss a used tire into the landfill when you can burn it in your fire place in the Winter?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM       
crude oil is used for more than gas btw.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
You guys remember that daddy was head of the CIA before he was vice president to Reagan right?
Yes, all too well. Makes me nauseous.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 28th, 2008, 09:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
We depend on foreign oil because no one wants to ride public transit despite the fact that that's the best way to meet the nicest people. We deserve high energy prices as long as we cry "NIMBY".

We can all help by recycling. Why toss a used tire into the landfill when you can burn it in your fire place in the Winter?
Wow. Non-sequitor city.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 01:23 PM       
Whining about Congress again. Why doesn't he step up to the plate and work WITH the Senate and House for a change?

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/...omy/index.html
Forum Virgin
Old Apr 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM        Non sequitur city
There once was a Non-sequitor city
Where spelling was singularly shitty
And though it does not follow dear Colonel
That that your post was infernal
It did give rise to this ditty.
Forum Virgin
Old Apr 30th, 2008, 10:00 PM       
Points to Colonel Flagg who one-upped me in private.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2008, 04:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Modular View Post
For the past several days, I've been thinking...even if John McCain is our next President, I'm going to be looking back a year from now wondering how we survived eight years of this farce.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

in the papers a couple weeks ago:
Quote:
"You have a real choice in this election. Either Democrat would be better than John McCain," Obama said to cheers from a rowdy crowd in central Pennsylvania. Then he said: "And all three of us would be better than George Bush."
I think it's a popular sentiment.