Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 06:48 AM        Janaury 2009 is "Your Fucked Month"
Kicking off the worst month of the year so far we have Isreal invading Gaza, Somali pirates attacking random shit, the realization that Mexico will fail, Spontaneous riots for various reasons, now we have another for the list. North Korea has proudly announced that it has just completed the weaponization of 30.8 kilograms of plutonium.

And its all out fault.

Last edited by Evil Robot : Jan 17th, 2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: stains that glow under blacklight
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 06:51 AM       
Oh yeah, and we just lost Circuit City. Now where will I buy the same crap I can get anywhere?
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM       
It's good to know that 2009 is starting off on the right foot!
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM       
dibs on Mexico.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 09:02 PM       
It's also East Coast Freeze Month apparently.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 09:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
It's also East Coast Freeze Month apparently.
Lord, it's insane. In the words of Lewis Black, "Where the f*** is Global Warming when you need it?"

Oh yeah, and there was also that plane crash into the Hudson, though fortunately everyone survived that.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:08 PM       
The geese didn't.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:46 PM       
The geese should have known better and flown south months ago.
Escape will make me god.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 12:13 AM       
Let this be a lesson to all geese on this forum: Never wait until the last minute when it comes to travel plans.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 01:35 PM       
Suddenly, the 'you're fucked' i was expecting this month has become a 'you're fucked' of a much better context.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 06:49 PM       
Are you sure January isn't just the month you became aware of the current climate instead? None of this popped out a box on New Years day. More people have died in the Congo, and the Chinese and Russian are jailing minorities left and right, without anyone caring....this is just getting started.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 08:09 PM       
Quit that crap about the rest of the world, your always trying to make everybody look like uncaring assholes by pointing out that they don't spend every waking minute solving the worlds problems.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 08:23 PM       
There've been problems the whole world over since life began. Time was primative life was probably worrying about the loss of ocean water and whether or not they could develop working lungs.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 09:08 PM       
Yeah but dinosaurs never had no nuclear bombs and shit.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:32 PM       
Nah, but they did have meteors and bigger, carnivorous dinosaurs to worry about. You ever see those "Walking With Dinosaur"-type movies? The narrator will be like "We can see the mother leaving her nest. The eggs will soon hatch. But the noise in the bushes indicates that a hungry egg-eater has other plans. The mother senses danger, but is not in time to rescue three of the five eggs. Then, an ancestor of the modern-day alligator comes out of the water, looking for dinner. The mother turns to fight him off, but she is too tired from her fight. She will not last long, leaving the remaining eggs defenseless..."
Oozes machismo
pac-man is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 12:03 AM       
What the fuck are you talking about? He's talking about this month being fucked up, not January of 27 million B.C. I mean, shit, I don't think we're going extinct this month. Not to mention journalism from that era is spotty at best.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 02:56 AM       
It is my belief that world strife progresses at the same exponential rate as technology. "International bad events" will continue to grow in frequency and grow worse with time.
hAS RUG-BURN
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 02:56 AM       
This is also the belief of the Discovery Channel.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 11:04 AM       
Now they say coral deeper than 4,200 feet is dying. What is our world coming to?
Insane Writer
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 10:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by pac-man View Post
What the fuck are you talking about? He's talking about this month being fucked up, not January of 27 million B.C. I mean, shit, I don't think we're going extinct this month. Not to mention journalism from that era is spotty at best.
My point is that the world's always had messes. We've managed to (more or less) stumble through, but it's kind of weird to think about it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 01:57 PM       
WE LIVE IN FASCINATING TIMES IN WHICH THINGS ARE DIFFERENT THAN OTHER TIME PERIODS! EVERYTHING IS FUCKED UP CAUSE THE EMPIRE IS GOING TO FALL. IM A PROFESSED MILLENARIANIST.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 03:43 PM       
That's millenarian. Millenialist is also acceptable.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:10 PM       
Speaking of Millenium, whatever happened to that Y2K thing? Wasn't there supposed to be some technological apocolypse?

Alive is probably a spambot
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Speaking of Millenium, whatever happened to that Y2K thing? Wasn't there supposed to be some technological apocolypse?
Your nearly a decade too late on that one. i think it would have happened by now. dont know exactly how young you are but nothing happened.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:47 PM       
I know nothing happened. I was in fifth grade when that came up. My teacher passed out copies of "Time Magazine for Kids" to us all and we read about it, the result of which was that I came home from school freaked out that the world was coming to an end.

Of course, come New Years nothing actually happened. Go figure.