Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 06:35 AM        Weekly Movie Review: Black Christmas
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: Black Christmas.
Forum Virgin
NecroLemur is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 10:21 AM       
"Creepy" is definitely the perfect word. I didn't see the movie until (relatively) recently - about 10 years ago. However, the iconic scene of the rocking chair in the attic I thought to be fairly disturbing. No real reason other than it was fucking "creepy".
Forum Virgin
goblyn is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 01:00 PM       
I don't know, what's wrong with creepy? I think its more of a challenge to really successfully pull off creepy (than just a bunch of jump scares). Personally Black Christmas is one of my favorite movies of all time. And how can you review Black Christmas without talking about how fantastic Margot Kidder is in the movie???!!!!????!!! She's just friggin hilarious! Id' have given it, at the least another pickle, just for Kidder's performance alone!
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 01:25 PM       
Yeah, I liked this one much better than the remake. It just had a better vibe and general flow to it. Somethings just cant be remade correctly.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM       
The original is definitely a classic and easily ranks right up there with the most entertaining Christmas horror flicks. That said, I didn't mind the remake as much as most people did... but I can see why people hated it. The remake was more of a campy horror film that made fun of itself, and you can tell the creators had fun doing it, whereas the original was a true horror film that was indeed "creepy" at times as many people have said.
Julio is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 03:52 PM       
Well, it's not a surprise to know that recent remakes of relatively successful films are nothing worth to be seen. I don't think that this movie was to be spared from that destiny.
Forum Virgin
goblyn is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM       
I have to agree with you, the remake wasn't that bad. I laughed the entire way through (much to the chagrin of my boyfriend and the audience at the theater...). I think too many people took it as a serious remake and didn't get that it was a joke (after all, how could you justify a serious remake of a really good movie anyways, when people try...as in...The Haunting...they fail miserably) and they just dismissed it as nothing but drivel. But I have only recently re-watched the remake, and I have to say, its rather forgetable and uninteresting. Probably the only really clever bits in the entire movie are Andrea Martin's portrayal of Mrs. Mack, the house mother, the flashbacks to Billy's past, and the reference to the original crystal unicorn stabbing...
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Dec 9th, 2009, 07:29 PM       
Oh I understand what the remake was trying for. I just vastly prefer the original, something about the older slashers just cant be replicated.
Forum Virgin

Taco Head is probably a spambot
Old Dec 10th, 2009, 06:07 AM       
I didn't care much for the remake, and I think I know why. They tried too hard to give Billy a back story of why he was evil. The whole reason that the original was creepy was because you didn't really know why he was doing it. The same thing happened in Halloween and Friday the 13th. Sometimes a monster is evil just because.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Dec 11th, 2009, 03:00 AM       
I don't really care for either of the films.