Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 11:52 PM        Blah, grits.
Has anyone tried this mockery of a food? I bought some grits and I tried eat them and it was like eating sand. I even tried putting in cheese and on another occasion, fruit, and it still tasted like shit.

I really wanted to like them, seeing as they're cheap, healthy, and easy to make.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 11:54 PM       
Kiss my grits
Queen of the Beasts
Old Sep 9th, 2009, 11:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Kiss my grits
FUCK YOU TADAO! I KNEW SOMEONE WOULD SAY THAT FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

FUCK THAT CATCHPHRASE! NO ACTUAL SOUTHERNER WOULD REALLY SAY THAT!
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:03 AM       
What are grits Jeanette? I know I could google, but I'm sure you will be more interesting.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhukov View Post
What are grits Jeanette? I know I could google, but I'm sure you will be more interesting.
A really coarse corn gruel. Its traditionally eaten in the southern United States.

It isn't so much the taste (its quite bland) as it is the texture. I should've known that a food called grits would turn out to be...well...gritty.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:11 AM       
I think the best way of eating it is to make it into a mushy porridge and add sugar, cocoa or cinnamon, or some flavors. This comming from a grit lover ^.^
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:11 AM       
I am positive that it is exactly what a southerner would say.
mmm muffins
Wiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty okWiffles is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:15 AM       
El Gritos es muy bien!

(am I southern enough?) ^.^;;
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:20 AM       
The court room scene in My Cousin Vinny makes me think you didn't cook them right Jeanette.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:23 AM       

BLAH, GRITS, BLAHHHH
Queen of the Beasts
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:24 AM       
Quote:
The court room scene in My Cousin Vinny makes me think you didn't cook them right Jeanette.
THERE IS NO PROPER WAY TO COOK SAND!
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:27 AM       
I might have to try it one day.

http://video.about.com/southernfood/Southern-Grits.htm
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:28 AM       
1/4 cup of bacon fat! That's the secret righ there.
mmm muffins
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:31 AM       
dont forget, you source the bacon fat from the chitterlins you cooked beforehand
Queen of the Beasts
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:33 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
dont forget, you source the bacon fat from the chitterlins you cooked beforehand
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 04:58 AM       
It took me several business trips to SC before I finally developed a taste for grits. You can't help it, they come with EVERYTHING. I now eat them whenever I travel "down south". My wife thinks I'm nuts, but that's nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiffles View Post
Ah. Chit'lin's. Now that's some disgusting-ass so-called food.

Right up there with headcheese.
You may already be there.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 06:58 AM       
grits aren't bad with butter and honey.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 07:02 AM       
Our local breakfast bars always serve them, and they must over-steam them because they've lost all grittiness. They're more like cream-of-wheat around here.

I've had them a couple of times with maple syrup. They're okay.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 08:53 AM       
Quote:
I am positive that it is exactly what a southerner would say.
Mmm, maybe. Depending on where you are in the South, the stereotypes vary wildly. Here in Texas, while we've got our share of yokels, there are a lot less stereotypically inbred fools with dumb sayings.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 08:54 AM       
Queen of the Beasts
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 09:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Our local breakfast bars always serve them, and they must over-steam them because they've lost all grittiness. They're more like cream-of-wheat around here.

I've had them a couple of times with maple syrup. They're okay.
I actually like cream of wheat, so that sounds palatable.
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 12:58 PM       
Do you have a Big Boy restaurant near you? Because they're always on the breakfast bar here.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2009, 01:11 PM       
you're probably cooking them wrong if they're like sand. add Montreal Seasoning and cheese....delicious.

edit: of course grits are gritty...duh...