Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 02:46 PM       
Sorry, too confusing for American general public. Al Qeada in Europe, it stays.

Al Qeada just means "The Base" in Arabic anyway. I don't think it safe to assume these guys were under orders from Osama bin Ladin or whatever.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:09 PM       
So, far, it seems these weren't an official al Queda splinter group. Rather, they are some kind of wannabe fan club.
Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery

- It's a guy with a banner in the background which reads "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED."

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:29 PM        Relevance
I would suggest that it appears to be an Al Qeada like attack with multiple targets in various locations relatively simultaneously indicates a moderate level of sophistication.

But it's more significant that it's likely not the work of bin Laden. The possibility of it being a splinter group or copy cat organization is even more ominous because it demonstrates the reach of Al Qeada's message. It's one thing to be a sympathizer. It's another entirely to take up the cause on your own accord.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:29 PM       
A lot of people I've talked to are worried that this attack is just a diversionary tactic. Said that there's something much bigger coming than this, and it's going to hit someone real close to home. Somewhere like Washington.

I personally don't think so but, just putting it out there.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:31 PM       
Don't know if you're aware of this but there are few cells in london under al qaeda, supported by the fundamental islamic terrorists...and they suck ass. These bombings planned by the group shows we cannot back away from fighting it which has been ongoing since the 1970's.
God Bless London!
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
I meant the random attacks on people of arab or muslim appearance.
The media portrayed that to be a bigger deal than it truly was... Anyway, my friends and I only senslessly attacked one guy, and it turned out he was just a really funny looking Mexican. Ooops!

P.S. Chojin's creation is stellar.
Fuck Yeah
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 03:59 PM        Re: Relevance
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
I would suggest that it appears to be an Al Qeada like attack with multiple targets in various locations relatively simultaneously indicates a moderate level of sophistication.

But it's more significant that it's likely not the work of bin Laden. The possibility of it being a splinter group or copy cat organization is even more ominous because it demonstrates the reach of Al Qeada's message. It's one thing to be a sympathizer. It's another entirely to take up the cause on your own accord.
You should work for the CIA or NSA or sumpin'. You seem to have a handle on all the intel. Lemme guess... You've read When Terrorists Attack and three Washington Post articles on terrorist activity attribution?
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM       
It doesn't take a great deal of advanced intel to figure out that subway stations get crowded during the morning rush. Put together a crude explosive with common materials, drop it off at the station early in the morning with a timer, drop one off on the bus set to go off after the first couple go off (catches the people fleeing the subway station).

Look at what a couple of rednoecks in the backwoods like McVeigh and Nichols pulled off with a U-Haul truck, fertilizer and blasting caps.
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 04:14 PM       
THIS JUST IN!

Quote:
WASHINGTON D.C. (Reuters) - As punishment for the attacks in London today, U.S. officials are no longer allowing Saddam Hussein to eat Doritos.

Developing...
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 05:02 PM       
I get the feeling that some London-based muslim extremists have been praying for this opportunity like an obsessed sports fan awaits the all-star baseball game or ... gulp! ... Olympics to come to his hometown.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Fuck Yeah
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 05:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
It doesn't take a great deal of advanced intel to figure out that subway stations get crowded during the morning rush. Put together a crude explosive with common materials, drop it off at the station early in the morning with a timer, drop one off on the bus set to go off after the first couple go off (catches the people fleeing the subway station).

Look at what a couple of rednoecks in the backwoods like McVeigh and Nichols pulled off with a U-Haul truck, fertilizer and blasting caps.
Dude what are you talking about?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM       
"The media portrayed that to be a bigger deal than it truly was... Anyway, my friends and I only senslessly attacked one guy, and it turned out he was just a really funny looking Mexican. Ooops! "

Now that made me feel better. And laugh.

Christopher Hitchens has a bellicose article already out about how no one should think this had anything to do with the invasion of Iraq. Say, that ws fast! I guess a big smartypants lie him not only knows everything, he's brillinat enough he only writes first drafts of articles.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 05:42 PM        Exactly
McClain,
Thanks for the flattery but you've gone too far. I simply watched MSNBC and attempted to re-state what Retired Col. Asswiperson said. But I appreciate your sentiments.

I don't recall claiming any credentials. I'm not really about the internet blowhard stuff. For ego's sake, however, I will suggest that I'd consider myself relatively educated on the subject.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
THIS JUST IN!

Quote:
WASHINGTON D.C. (Reuters) - As punishment for the attacks in London today, U.S. officials are no longer allowing Saddam Hussein to eat Doritos.

Developing...
I'm ashamed to say that my country is so stupid that I can't tell if you're being serious or not.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:23 PM       
When I first heard of this I actually made a Shaun of the Dead joke. Or rather, several.

"Don't say that!"
"Say what?"
"That!"
"What?"
"The T-word!"
"Why not?"
"Because it's ridiculous."

and

"London will be fine! It held it under the tap!"
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:23 PM       
[quote="The One and Only..."]I think that calling them Qaeda Al Jihad was more suitable than "Al Qaeda in Europe," which just sounds dumb.

How does Qaeda Al Jihad not sound dumb or make sense. Like someone already stated Al qaeda just means 'The base', not sure what qaeda al means.

It most likly wasn't funded by bin laden but alot wanna be martyers tend to just franchise the base name.

I was wondering maybe if they had similar things set up in the other cities bidding for the olympics. Just seems weird it happened the day after we find out London won it.

swimini is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM        come on play fair
when you had your terrorist attack the british people were very sensitive to your pain. In fact I came to your country soon after the terrorists to show I was not afraid, and together with many mockers I spent my hard earned cash in your big apple to help it get back on its feet. You know I did my bit to help heal your countires pain, and when we finally get our attack what do you call it- 'a diversionary tactic'. cheers for the sympathy schimid!
[/quote]

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:56 PM       
oh, but of course I must say thanx to my beloved Chojin and the delightful ziggy for the pictures. thats the sort of thing that can heal a nation.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:15 PM       
Humor can actually be better than medicine sometimes or in this case candle vigils. Ziggy post that rampage 9/11 picture so he doesn't feel like you're just a British hater.

And the other guy said he heard it might of been a diversionary tactic for a much bigger attack. 9/11 was much more devasting then today's London explosions. So 40 + people getting killed could be a diversion for a much more deadly attack in the near future. This isn't London's 9/11. I fear that is still to come. Madrid bombings took out how many people? Over 200?

Raize is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:21 PM       
Might be a bad time to bring it up:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Titor

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:24 PM       
he who? me? I am a she.
and there aren't any british haters on this boad are they? last I knew at least 4 of the boys would drop their pants for an U.K accent. and I mean 'pants' in the British sense.

you know its kind of weird, I think the last time I posted this much as after 9/11. why do i feel drawn to this bunch of misfits and losers in times of national crisis? it makes me feel dirty
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM       
Well hey, bad timing, but damn, how are ya Cherry..!? Had no idea it was you.

This really sucks. Dole, Cherry, I have no idea what your proximity to all this was, but I hope all is well, and that all your friends and loved ones are safe.

A couple of things:

1. Chimpy didn't get the appropriate recognition for his Bono comment. Bravo!

2. In his statement to the press on the bombings, President Bush literally said "the war on terror is on." Now, a part of me wants to pump my fist at this in solidarity and yell "cowboy up!" or something, but couldn't he have said something a bit more solemn and diplomatic....?

3. I heard that the chief Islamic spiritual leader in London has one eye and hooks for hands? Are muslims pirates in the UK, or just very similar....?

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 08:04 PM       
ha ha Kevin, was looking forward to your input on this one. the 'pirate' you refer to is not a muslim leader, in fact he has been banned from preaching at the Finnsbury Park mosque in North London. he contiuned to preach outside it but last i heard he had been arrested- no prizes for guessing on what charges. his name is abu hamza, and yes he often wears a hook for a hand.
Administrator
doopa is probably a spambot
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 08:21 PM       
I'm selfishly happy everyone we know over there is ok, but am sad it happened it made my stomach sink. i haeard bush speaking this morning saying something about "spreading our ideology" over the globe as a means of fighting the terrorists and again he manages to creep me out. I was watching cnn this morning and a local station. I thought it was a funny sort of akward coverage of it because it seemed like they were trying to decide it's importance and if they should be covering it non-stop