Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 11:45 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrit View Post
What made me laugh was thinking about Protoclown google-imaging Anal Lube for his photoshopped pic :P
I don't know what you're talking about. That photo came from my 'private collection'.
Can You See Me Now?
Invisible is probably a spambot
Old Jan 22nd, 2008, 01:39 PM       
I can't stand the newer commercials. Like the one, where at the end, Ronald lands on the picnic table and jets some poor kid into a tree. Ronald looks up and LAUGHS at him. Stupid.
Who? Me?
0dd1 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 08:24 PM       
Ronald McDonald is a pedophile...
Forum Virgin
Another_Version is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 07:49 AM       
im a little late to the larty but hell this makes me have mac attack.
Holy Water Still Burns...
gr8bishie is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2008, 01:40 AM       
If you actually read It, Pennywise was described as a cross between Ronald McDonald and... some other clown. So, yeah, that kinda made sense. One thing you forgot to preface the article with, Protoclown: Clowns are generals in Satan's army. Mimes are naught but privates!
Forum Virgin
grodenbarg is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:51 PM       
That's our Ronald McTerror! ROTFL! Not a very good AD campaign history there :P
Forum Virgin
VioletYoshi is probably a spambot
Old Jul 26th, 2008, 07:37 PM       
I can't believe they thought that ad based off of IT was a good idea. Especially after the incident with Gacy where they tried to convince people clowns aren't bad, but failed at that. I mean seriously, did they really think the idea of Ronald kidnapping kids into a sewer was cool?

I seriously would not have believed that Make Every Time a Good Time ad was for real. It looks like a parody, I mean what the hell was someone thinking? Anal lube with food uh, has someone in their advertising company spending too much time on the chan image boards?

It doesn't surprise me that the Japanese ad actually drew in business. In Japan, as with other countries outside of the US, they don't hide away from the darker issues in life. Also Japan has quite a reputation for making some of the most contraversial and disturbing horror films in the world. So actually an ad with a female Ronald caniballizing it's competition, might seem like light fare to them. Oh and also, the Japanese Ronald looks really cute, but then I'm one of those people who's a bit of a Japanophile.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 07:18 AM       
violet yoshi do you get jokes
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 11:53 AM       
Wow.
¿
wobzire is probably a spambot
Old Jul 27th, 2008, 12:42 PM       
He had to be kidding right? It seems like he was serious, but there is no way. Right?
Forum Virgin
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 07:52 PM       
Can someone help me find the We All Float Down Here ad on the web. I've been searching, and I wanna see it.

BTW executioneer, do you get what "Playing towards the most juvenile of customers" means?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM       
so that's a no, then
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletYoshi View Post
BTW executioneer, do you get what "Playing towards the most juvenile of customers" means?
OH GOD
Old Aug 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM       
VY is english your second language
Forum Virgin
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 05:15 AM       
Executioneer, do you know anyone who has English as a second language, that is familiar with words like "juvenile"?

That's the best response you can come up with towards what I said? Aren't you just proving my point? That you're the type of person McDonald's targeted their anal lube ad towards, obnoxious teenagers or people behaving like obnoxious teenagers?
OH GOD
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:01 AM       
NEWSFLASH: all of these ads are complete fabrications, light-bright

and the correct phrase is "appealing to the lowest common denominator", not "playing towards the most juvenile of customers"
OH GOD
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM       
i mean seriously, unless you're a character, you gotta be the most easily gulled person i've ever seen on the internet (AND THAT IS SAYING A FUCK OF A LOT)
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 01:51 PM       
You may already be there.
Nuclear Waffle
StarscreamTheWaffle is probably a spambot
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 10:29 PM       
Hmm... Maybe I should write that people on, "Humanity Is Stupid" after all...
Registered Absoludicrat
Scooter Atreides is probably a spambot
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 12:48 AM       
The idea of an "It" campaign with Ronald as Pennywise made me laugh more than anything has in years. Many, many thanks, Proto.

P.S. I honestly think the Batman tie-in commercial could really have worked, minus the "burger enema" line. But then, I'm not quite right in the head.