Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cranberry Everything
dextire is probably a spambot
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 06:21 PM        Playstation Network Hacked. Customer Data Stolen.
So the rumors about a DDoS attack taking down PSN were wrong. Instead it was hacked and customer info was stolen.

From the official Playstation blog:

"...Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained
the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state, zip), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password and login, and handle/PSN online ID.

It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained.

If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained.

While there is no evidence at this time that credit card data was taken, we cannot rule out the possibility.

If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, out of an abundance of caution we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may have been obtained.
"

Let the fun begin!
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 07:29 PM       
Does it make me an idiot if I'm more upset about a week outage than being doxed and having my credit card stolen
Cranberry Everything
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 08:21 PM       
It just shows what's more important to you, and it's what's more important to you that makes you an idiot.

Also get ready to be more upset because it's going to be a least another week before the outage is over.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM       
i was referring to the notice that it'd be another week before 'some functions are available'
Cranberry Everything
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 08:32 PM       
Ah, so you weren't referring to the fact that it's been almost a full week already and will be at least two weeks total before we might get to play again?!

My mistake, carry on.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 08:41 PM       
I don't understand why people have to be such fags.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 11:14 PM       
i wanna play mvc 3 online oh well i'll have to play gears 3 beta

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 11:53 PM       
I tend to only play locally and the few things I've bought online were with PSN giftcard credits I got a while back, so this outage isn't bothering me personally. That said, it's still sad that an individual can bring down a huge network like that and this can't be good for them considering some big games just came out. Do they have nobody monitoring the network for hackers?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 26th, 2011, 11:58 PM       
Something something about Xbox live, now, FAGGOTS!
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 01:24 AM       
I guess you get what you pay for, huh PS3 fanboys?
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 02:02 AM       
It's funny to think that for all the firmware updates they foist upon you, including ones with the potential to brick your console, they still couldn't do anything about hackers. And by "funny", I mean "shitty".

I can almost hear Microshock's white-knight bitchfest.

has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 02:22 AM       
I use Bank of America, and they literally stopped one fraudulent charge within the hour, and got me a new card that day. So I'm really not worried about that. Or PSN; I haven't touched my PS3 in months.

I do kinda wish Sony would cut the shit and let people hack their systems. It's legal on the iPhone. We had a huge thing about it already. No need to demand all the IPs of everyone who went to x website in the history of forever. I just wanted a wallpaper on my old iTouch, Sony. It's none of your business.

Also, Sony's a huge company, but can't afford proper protection of their customer's private information, leaving people to hack into that shit through a game console? Fucking retarded. They deserve all the bullshit that's coming to them.

Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 02:56 AM       
It might not even be hackers. Hackers could just be the story that they are going with.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 03:33 AM       
OH SHIT
Spoilers!
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 10:20 AM       
Spoilers!
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 12:22 PM       
Spoilers!
Token Bleeding Heart
Old Apr 27th, 2011, 07:49 PM       
Spoilers!
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 3rd, 2011, 03:06 AM       
I'm watching my account just to be safe. I haven't noticed anything wrong with it yet.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:50 AM       
I get account alerts from my bank every day with my card's activity listed on it in my email, nothing interesting yet, but in this case 'nothing' could mean a number of things
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 3rd, 2011, 09:19 AM       
Joke's on them. I'm broke.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 08:16 PM       
Hey new letter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayStation Network
Hi <your name here>

Thanks for your patience and continued support during our service outage. To show you how much we value that, we want to let you know about our "Welcome Back" appreciation program:

Two Free PS3 Games
Select two PS3™ games from the following list:
(yours to keep*)
• Dead Nation™
• InFAMOUS™
• LittleBigPlanet™
• Super Stardust™ HD
• WipEout® HD Bundle

Two Free PSP Games
Download two PSP® games from the following list:
(yours to keep*)
• Killzone®: Liberation
• ModNation™ Racers
• LittleBigPlanet™
• Pursuit Force™

PlayStation®Plus—30 Days Free**
A premium subscription service that gets you access to free games, huge discounts and great exclusives.

100 Free Virtual Items
To welcome users Home, PlayStation®Home will be offering 100 free virtual items.

This is our way of saying thank you for being a loyal fan. And once again, welcome back to PlayStation®Network.

Sincerely,

The PlayStation®Network Team
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 08:21 PM       
i have 3 accounts so got all games lol

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jun 5th, 2011, 11:02 PM       
So is there anything you have to do in order to redeem these free games? I have a PS3 but haven't been on PSN in quite a while (I generally only play local games on any system I buy, so I don't have much use for the online stuff... but I'd certainly try out a free copy of Dead Nation 'n what not).
Cranberry Everything
Old Jun 6th, 2011, 12:03 AM       
Just login to PSN and go to the "Welcome Back" section and pick your 2 games.
Also, you don't even need a credit card for the 30 day PSN Plus thing, and it's not auto-renew like usual.