Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 11:49 AM        Whitehouse Iraq Transition Plan
White House shows Congress its plan for power handover

By Mary Curtius, Los Angeles Times | April 23, 2004

WASHINGTON -- Bush administration officials offered Congress yesterday their most detailed explanation yet of US plans for turning power over to Iraqis after June 30, saying that while its sovereignty will be limited, the transition government will be in charge of most ministries, oil revenues, and an international development fund.

The administration will also seek another UN Security Council resolution on Iraq, the officials said, in hopes of winning more international support for the rebuilding effort.

But three days of administration testimony also made it clear that security would remain the responsibility of the United States. The officials reiterated that UN plans call for a transitional Iraqi government whose primary purpose will be to prepare for elections next year but which will not have the power to enact laws.

Moreover, the new US Embassy, scheduled to be the largest in the world, will continue to play a major role in Iraqi affairs.

The administration's presentation did not reassure some critics.

"There is no plan," declared Senator John R. McCain, Republican of Arizona, "Not enough troops, and no plan."
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 12:18 PM       
Ten bucks says the embassy blows up at least five times in the first year.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Apr 23rd, 2004, 01:31 PM        Re: Whitehouse Iraq Transition Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
"There is no plan," declared Senator John R. McCain, Republican of Arizona, "Not enough troops, and no plan."
Give 'em hell, Johnny.

Quote:
Bush administration officials offered Congress yesterday their most detailed explanation yet
An explanation that includes any details at all would technically be the "most detailed explanation yet."