Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ghoul
argonath is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM       
I love this film. For me, it firmly cemented del Toro as one of my favorite directors.
Costume Junkie
Sakata is probably a spambot
Old Nov 9th, 2008, 11:10 AM       
If you've watched this movie on DVD, you must check out the special features, particularly the extra stories that are told via pictures [like a story or comic book]. This offers a lot of backstory to the fairytale aspect, particularly the significance of the dagger to the Pale Man and the origin of the Toad.
SlyBattery is probably a spambot
Old Nov 14th, 2008, 06:25 AM       
This was an excellent movie for sure, one I think I need to go watch again. But it does kind of kill me how no matter what you say about a film's captivating story, dynamic characters, lush visuals and overall enjoyable experience that the fact that its subtitled just instantly voids any interest for some people. I just don't really see subtitles as a huge deterrent from the movie. I normally put subtitles on anyways because I can't ever hear what people are saying.
Forum Virgin
Bujold is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:37 AM       
I'll probably make some of you jealous, but our dubbing industry up here is pretty strong thanks to the hundreds of foreign (mostly American) movies that need translating, so we have it dubbed in French. Awesome.
Forum Virgin
luckypyjamas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 03:12 PM       
ok so i really loved this movie

i'm also incidentally a fan of the whole "child escaping into imagination" plot, which was done just as well in Paper House and Tideland (albeit in completely different ways)

i had the privilege of seeing this movie in the theater and it blew me away

and i think the eyeball guy was called the pale man. that may have been my favorite part of the movie but it's hard to say
Forum Virgin
luckypyjamas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 03:15 PM       
i also just want to add, for some reason when i saw the previews i thought this was going to be a children's movie

it absolutely was not. see the part where the hunter gets his face smashed by a bottle, and the part where the guy (whose name escapes me, it's been a long time since i saw it) gets his cheek cut wide open. that also happened to be one of the most impressive effects in the film, at least to me. i've seen violence and gore in countless movies but that was surprising, in that "how did they do that" kind of way