Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I ARE ROBOT
MockBot has disabled reputation
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 09:23 AM        Weekly Movie Review: My Name is Bruce
Automatically generated comment thread for Weekly Movie Review: My Name is Bruce.
Retardedly Handsome
Icculus is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 12:33 PM       
I just finished listening to a podcast from a movie review show out of D.C. (http://www.wjfk.com/pages/1425489.php). It was from November 16 when the movie was playing in theaters. It was really enjoyable to hear his thoughts on the whole thing but on the other hand it is biased. It's only about 20 minutes and worth checking out.

I'm glad Dr Boogie reviewed this though because I have a feeling I will be less disappointed after I watch it. Let's be honest with ourselves, if it has Bruce Campbell we're probably going to watch it.
Forum Virgin
Max Power is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 06:02 PM       
I went to the showing where Bruce Campbell himself made an appearance. He helped prank-call an audience member's mother, claiming to be a kidnapper. You're right, Bruce on his own is hilarious, and as much as I wanted to like the movie it was unfortunately a let-down.
HowardC is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 08:20 PM       
I think the problem with Campbell's recent films is that he's somehow fallen in D grade movies and he's a B (or imho A) grade actor. That explains why in your review you found the scenes with just him in it much better than the rest of the film as he's the best actor by a mile and the film is too horrible for his cult status.

Look at his bit part in spiderman 3, with actual actors in a real film and you can see the potential the man has, the problem is nobody wants to put him in a top-shelf film as the lead. Unfortuantely, as he is getting older we'll probably never see him in a quality level film like he deserves.
Jason's a Furry! Run!
Relaxing Dragon is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2009, 08:36 PM       
I keep seeing this film get a lot of flak, and it's entirely understandable. A lot of points were named in the review that are pretty accurate (especially the Ted Raimi bits. I liked him as the agent, but it all just went downhill from there with him). But dammit all, I just really enjoyed this movie. I was laughing all the way through it, and still want to see it again. Don't really have any good reasons to defend my position with, I just liked it.

Also, I watched this on the theater tour, so Bruce himself appeared for a little Q & A beforehand. Damn funny guy, thoughts on the movie notwithstanding.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 01:32 AM       
I was really hoping that this movie would be good.

Still waiting on Evil Dead 4 as well.
Fanboy
Purple Man is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 01:41 AM       
Everything relevant has been said; but it is my duty to add HAIL TO THE KING, BABY!
Ba dum dum dum dum
Alcibiades is probably a spambot
Old Feb 18th, 2009, 11:41 AM       
I'd like to note, I find him enjoyable on Burn Notice. Partly because I like him and partly because I like the series. (I started watching it because I heard Bruce was in it, I keep watching it because I like the tone of the show)
EchoCharlie is probably a spambot
Old Feb 19th, 2009, 06:19 AM       
Burn Notice should have had Bruce as the lead and skipped the droid they used instead. They could have used that guy as Thug #4 that gets blow up in the pilot - all he was good for...
I likes PIE!
comhcinc is probably a spambot
Old Feb 20th, 2009, 11:00 PM       
I just watched this film. I am glad I did. It is okay. I doubt i would by it but worth the watch if you are renting.
Forgetable Cyborg
That Other Guy is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 12:07 AM       
The movie was mediocre. But what ticks me off as fan of The Three Kingdoms, is that they call Guan Yu "Guan Di". The inexplicable chorus guys even taunt the viewer with their song lyrics: "Guan Di is his name." "Guan you, Guan me, Guan Di." It's very annoying.
Shadowdancer21b is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2010, 11:53 AM       
I like it. I like how it seems to take place in the same universe as his (Campbell's) book. I also like how he named his dog Sam'n'Rob. My favorite joke was when he gave his dog vodka and later drank the dog's booze.