Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 13th, 2005, 12:08 AM        Kill Bill Vol. 2
Was better than Vol. 1. Although 1 has grown on me as I've watched it again a couple times, I instantly enjoyed 2. Conversely, I don't think I'd enjoy many repeat viewings of Vol. 2.

But yeah, it was a much more solid film.

abortretryfail is probably a spambot
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 05:41 PM       
I thought the two were pretty much equal. I also thought they were shot at the same time, and that Tarantino planned for them to really be one movie. I just heard that through a friend though, do you know if it's true?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 16th, 2005, 08:03 PM       
It's true, and I think they would have worked a lot better as one movie instead of two. A lot of the fat from Vol. 1 could have been trimmed down to make both movies fit together in a reasonable amount of time.
Callahan is probably a spambot
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 04:48 AM       
volume two is better because it is more great dialogue and action with an excellent ending and does anyone know if the 5 preasure point heart touch thing is real that was gnar but vol1 has about 20 minutes of dialogue and just retarded action
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Feb 17th, 2005, 08:33 PM       
They are almost two completely different genres of movies, so of course you will like the one that appeals to your genre baisms. And as for them originally meaning to be one movie, I think think that meant early on in production. It is clear that they meant for these to be two very seperate movies through most of the development. The only time I have ever heard someone say they had to split the one complete movie into two was when it was pure rumor, and no official word.

Both movies are just alright to me, they have no lasting appeal, the seconed even more so. The scenes are long and drawn out, only without blood and chopping. And the fact that the actors didn't have to do good acting just because it was supposed to reflect a time when acting sucked made the movie collapse. Both are worth watching once, but neither are anywhere as great as Tarintino believes they are. I am starting to think it was meant to be a comedy of sorts, as Flash Gordon was.
xenosoul is probably a spambot
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 09:27 PM       
Its the same movie etards... He just cut it in half due to length.. I hate when people think that they are two seperate movies... Fucking dumbasses
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 10:06 PM       
quit arguing semantics
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 24th, 2005, 11:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by xenosoul
Its the same movie etards... He just cut it in half due to length.. I hate when people think that they are two seperate movies... Fucking dumbasses
Because EVERYONE was thinking that! :O

I even made mention to them originally being one film. Stupidity makes me angry, and I demand satisfaction by you punching yourself in the face, right now.
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Feb 25th, 2005, 10:08 AM       
If James followed his own rules he'd have punched a hole through his head by now.