Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 01:55 PM        Hellboy II
Where's the thread for this debacle? I didn't see one so I'm making my own. I made a conscious decision not to see trailers or spoilers, or listen to reviews as I wanted it to be a purely unadulterated experience.

1) The CGI was cool. I guess.
2) It sucked giant, saggy, old man balls.

Spoilers!

There were too many disappointments and discrepancies to list here. It's almost like they tried to fit 4 hours worth of plot in to 2 hours, but then said "eff it" because the shortest path from point A to point B is to just feckin' forget about points!

Bad Guillermo, bad!
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Jul 30th, 2008, 07:52 PM       
I, for one, enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting anything out of it considering the first one wasn't anything special either.

It looked good. Lost of action and humor. I actually really liked the fact that the CGI was mixed with old school rubber suits and special FX.

Discussing the reality of elves in a sewer assumes that they were actually in a sewer and not on some other plane. Hellboy and the gang did enter the City of the Golden Army by walking through an arch. Not to mention we're talking about a demon spawn, trolls and all manner of magical creatures in the first place - reality sort of takes a back seat.

Me thinks your expectations were too high. If it's of any comfort, it's likely you'll never see a third as the movie hasn't made a profit yet and has about $20-40 million to go before it does.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 31st, 2008, 01:37 PM       
i enjoyed it and i guess the debacle is in the weekly review of the movie

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Aug 1st, 2008, 02:30 PM       
I asked this question a few weeks back when this was the IMokery movie review but I never got an answer. Can anyone who has read the comic tell me if these "elves" ever even in the comic? Or even ever mentioned?
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:58 AM       
i doubt it i think the comic concentrates around nazis but then again i just read one lol

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
ni kar'tayl gar darasuum
Kybo Ren is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2008, 01:21 PM       
the elves are referred to, but not shown <never read bprd though>, Mignola was involved so I'm alright with it.

The studio forced the MIB intro feel, anything to get HellboyII made, huh GdT? he'd better not compromise on Hobbit <fear the coming of SMAUG!!!>

and the fanboy in me screams "Episode III cantina? You FUCKING MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!"
Episode IV, PLEASE

They should of known better than to release so close to dark knight, think they're banking on dvd sales. Hoping for loads of extra scenes.