Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Durrsomething is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 06:43 PM        Danny Phantom
A fun Ghostbusters-esque show that started to get slowly better in Season 3 untill Nickelodeon canned it to focus on Fagatar: The Last Shitbender and that unoriginal piece of shit Ben 10 stole it's plot, popularity and merchandise causing it do end with a shitty giant meteor crisis for a finale

Last edited by Durrsomething : Jan 16th, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 06:47 PM       
I did like Danny Phantom. Had the goofiness of Fairly Odd Parents but still had some seriousness to it. Did you see the special?
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2009, 07:08 PM       
Dude.

Shut up.
Amicable Herculean
captain516 is probably a real personcaptain516 is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 05:22 PM       
How old are you Durrsomething?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 05:42 PM       
I like Avatar.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 09:50 PM       
I like Dora the Explorer, but only because it's so much fun to MST3K-ize. She'll ask a question like "Can a go-kart go down a river?" and I'll shout at the screen "Sure, but it won't work afterwards".

And for the record, I only do this when I'm ill and confined to the sofa.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
Token Bleeding Heart
LordSappington is probably a real personLordSappington is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 10:25 PM       
You're not so great at doing the MST3K.
I still crack up when I think of Joel yelling 'Move her spine around a lot!' to some paramedics.
Insane Writer
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 12:15 AM       
Well, at the time I had the flu and my main source of nutrients were Pedialite, lemon-lime Gatorade, and Saltine crackers.

And I never saw that episode of MST3K. Which one was it?
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 07:13 AM       
Ugh, Nicktoons.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 12:00 PM       
Insane Writer
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 03:50 PM       
Okay, that I never saw before. What is it from?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 10:14 PM       
Flapjack
Insane Writer
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:28 PM       
Ah.

Last time I was confined with the flu (eighth grade, so about five years ago), my repotoir was "Max and Ruby" (about a control-freak girl rabbit and her stupid younger brother) and Dora the Explorer.

Please consider that at the time, my brain was mush and the alternative was that my mom try to catch me up on my math and teach me about sine, cosine, and tangent.
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2009, 11:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeldaQueen View Post
Okay, that I never saw before. What is it from?
Chowder.

Flapjack is the greatest kids cartoon of recent years. it's just so grotesque, it's fantastic
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jan 19th, 2009, 08:15 PM       
While we're talking about kid's shows, the 10th anniversary Powerpuff Girls special is on right now. It looks nice with the more modern animation, even though the show is moving along too fucking fast. But it's still really well written.

Er...I mean...I like manly cartoons like Batman. Actually, I do; The Animated Series was awesome, man. I still watch those old episodes.

Flapjack's funny too. I like the textures they use, and the silly faces they make are nice for a cheap laugh.

LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 04:29 PM       
What is Ben 10 a rip-off of?
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 04:44 PM       
What is Ben 10?

BTW Powerpuff Girls never really had a plot line right? Each episode was really a stand alone. Mojo Jojo is the greatest, and if you can keep up with his sentences you should be able to keep up with a story.... wait. What exactly do you mean by saying the story is moving too fuckig fast? I can't imagine this situation.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 05:48 PM       
ROCKOOO'S MODEERRRRRRRRRRN LIFE
(rocko's modern life)
ROCKOOOOO'S MODERRRRRRRNN LIFE
(rocko's modern life!)

AWW COME ON HEFF
Insane Writer
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 06:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
What is Ben 10?

BTW Powerpuff Girls never really had a plot line right? Each episode was really a stand alone. Mojo Jojo is the greatest, and if you can keep up with his sentences you should be able to keep up with a story.... wait. What exactly do you mean by saying the story is moving too fuckig fast? I can't imagine this situation.
Ben 10, from what I've gathered, is about a kid named Ben with this alien wrist-mounted device that lets him turn into ten different alien forms (hence the name). His grandfather takes him and his cousin Gwen on trips in which they run into various monsters/aliens.

And Powerpuff Girls was great! Didn't think the movie was so great though.
has a woody
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
What is Ben 10?

Ah crap. Bad wording on my part. I mean the episode's pacing is really fucking fast because they wanted to include every villain and character while still telling some form of a story.

Basically, all of the characters are talking a lot quicker than usual and the story jumps from one thing to another. Actually, imagine everyone talking as fast as Mojo, and you have a good idea of what I mean. It's still funny, and watching Mojo JoJo sing "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" had me, literally, laughing out loud, but it should have been longer than 30 minutes.

It's already been uploaded on Rapidshare if you're interested. If you liked the series, you'll enjoy the final episode. Oh, and the ending is really...unexpected.

Insane Writer
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:39 PM       
Ah, Mojo Jojo rocked.

Among my favorite of his plots were the ones to turn everyone into dogs and the later one in which he tried his dog plan again, spending the entire episode reviewing what went wrong prior.

I didn't really like the backstory they gave for him and used in the movies though. I liked the villains because they were spontaneous, with no real backstory.
has a woody
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM       
They had backstories. Like Elmer, the kid who ate glue and was bullied, then became glue and bullied everyone with his big glue powers.

Speaking of backstories in superhero cartoons, I just watched the Mr. Freeze episode of Batman: tAS again. Genius. They don't make cartoons like they used to.

Insane Writer
Old Jan 20th, 2009, 11:05 PM       
But the main villains, like Him or Fuzzy didn't have backstories (near as I recall). I remember that a general backstory was given for the generic monsters, but on average there wasn't much of any given.

And I remember watching those Batman cartoons years ago. Haven't seen them for awhile though. I turned out more of a Marvel fan than a DC one (both had their merits though).
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:52 AM       
Too many cartoons. Hell, I'd like to see some Cow & Chicken, Dexter's Lab (Cartoon CARTOONS!), and some of the older nicktoons.

j/k fuck them
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jan 23rd, 2009, 10:05 PM       
I R BABBOON