Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 02:37 PM        Middle american christians are the most gullible people
before the flames start I am a Christian (of sorts) from the Midwest.

Actually this has little or nothing to do with Jesus at all. I was giving a ride to an old mentor of mine. One of the most brilliant minds on Pre-Roman culture and aincent languages you will ever meet. He was telling me about some jackass named Dennis Lee and his alleged free energy device. You can look up some info on him here http://www.phact.org/e/dennis.html Anyway the sentence started with "your not gonna believe this but" and boy was he right. He claimed that he made a generator that powers itself and involves magnets it even produces more then 5 times the energy it takes to run. Which of course breaks the first law of thermodynamics.

This no talent assclown is taking advantage of people and here's the kicker. He said " He only serves Godly Christian people, why would a scammer do that?" obviously cause these are the easiest people to fool. There are many Christians that aren't gullible morons, but here in the Midwest where every idiot who bought a magnetic bracelet spends money on "cures they don't want you to know" for people with cancer and worst of all that god forsaken Mormon squeezed Xango juice.

I told him what I tell everyone that approaches me with a pyramid scheme. "You can sue this company under the snake oil laws of the 1800s and get your money back, remember that next year" I hereby openly plead to every Christian out there, from the doctors and professors to the floor rolling "tongue" speaking faith healing slain in the spirit, snake handling (yes that still happens a lady died from it last week) asshats who believe every moron who says "God talked to me". THINK BEFORE YOU ACT!

Faith and being a gullible asstard. There is a HUGE difference between faith to walk on water and dumb enough to jump off a bridge and flap your arms. Peter knew Jesus had that power so he trusted with faith, Joe redneck down the street thought "the government doesn't want me to know orange oil can cure my Serosis of the liver" and canceled treatment and got what he deserved, a Darwin award for being that damn stupid.

I attribute the gigantic rise in Atheism not to the rise of other philosophies like Evolution, but to the fact that people look at someone this damn stupid and think "You can't be both smart and religious, science and religion must be polar opposites, like reality and fantasy"

My religion is based on as much as I know is real. Should science history or archaelogy prove me wrong I will change my mind and adjust my beliefs accordingly, I'm not gonna sit in my basement with a tinfoil hat on and post on the interweb how we didn't land on the moon and it's all a plot to cover up that Bush ordered 9/11. But for now I belong to a nice little offshoot of Judaism that believes Jesus was the Christ, and I'm still gonna think before I buy anything that sounds the remotest bit fishy.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 02:39 PM       
You should introduce that man to Alex Chiu
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 02:51 PM       
lol i kind of wrote my essay last week on this topic :O especially on the "beliefs must involve the the real" thing.
I mean, you have a group of people who believe the creator/perpetuator of the entire existence is a man with a beard who talks to them, eros never grew a beard!

Not only that but since when is anything in the bible really true or real anyway (*or literal). i mean, it's not like everybody loves eachother in real life the only thing you can learn from the bible is that no matter how nice you are or how many people you love you're still going to get jewed and asphyxiated on a cross.

LIFE LESSONS LEARNED FROM THE BIBLE.
Unmedicated genius
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 02:57 PM       
" in real life the only thing you can learn from the bible is that no matter how nice you are or how many people you love you're still going to get jewed and asphyxiated on a cross. " - Kahljorn

That is one of the best lines I've ever heard. Can i put that in my sig? Change the word Jewed and I'll have a bumper sticker made of it.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 05:08 PM       
lol sure go ahead

if you take jewed out it kind of loses it's effect :O but i guess you could use screwed or something.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 11th, 2006, 07:29 PM       
So, a lot of people in your town have bought fake perpetual energy machines?

BANNED

Old Nov 12th, 2006, 02:59 AM       
I heard a long time ago about a person making perpetual energy machine using magnets and some type of water wheel. Who knows if it's true, though.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 10:08 AM       
Cities aren't much better. You'd be shocked what people will actual flush their money on here in New York.

Palm Readers (no, not for entertainment, I know people who don't make a desiscion without a "consultation")

Motivational speakers

All the crazy wierd juice diets

Knicks tickets.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 02:32 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I heard a long time ago about a person making perpetual energy machine using magnets and some type of water wheel. Who knows if it's true, though.
They tested one like that on Mythbusters, and they use the energy it produces to power their workshop.

Nah, I'm just kidding. It failed miserably.

Unmedicated genius
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 06:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Blanco
Cities aren't much better. You'd be shocked what people will actual flush their money on here in New York.

Palm Readers (no, not for entertainment, I know people who don't make a desiscion without a "consultation")

Motivational speakers

All the crazy wierd juice diets

Knicks tickets.
Yeah that is pretty screwed up, but at least they don't by Xango based on some dumbass claiming "God told me it will cure your cancer now pay me" Stupid pyramid schemes.

Do people really buy Knicks Tickets? wow.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2006, 08:55 PM       
No, people here buy shit like Xango cuz they heard some celebrity was seen with it.

I've actually only heard of people shelling out real money for Knicks tickets. Can't say I've witnessed the act.