Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cast "Summon Boat"
Rebel Without a Sauce is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 05:13 AM       
It's hard to trust a city called Centralia... it's the worst kind of portmantea! ...ONE THAT MAKES SENSE.

Living to hate, dying to love. Look, just gimme a hug.
Cell Regenerated Deadite
SPINAL is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 10:56 AM       
Looks like an ideal location for a remake of: "Motel Hell", "Phantasm", "Night of the Creeps", "Return of the Living Dead" or maybe "My Bloody Valentine"
Fake Shemp
Ferrit is probably a spambot
Old Oct 28th, 2008, 04:44 PM       
I grew up within a few miles of the Danvers State Mental Hospital in Danvers MA. Back in the late 80's we used to be able to drive around the grounds at night for a pretty good freak out. But that was when it was still open and functioning. Little by little it was closed down and all the residents redistributed around the area, which definitely added to its creepiness; the emptier it got, the darker it would get at night. Eventually it was closed down and as of right now I've no idea what still remains of it. But if just exploring the grounds at night was spooky (and keeping an eye out for cops and security once they chained the access roads off), actually going inside, at night, with flashlights would have been something I'd have paid good money to have been able to do. Check out the film Session 9 for more of what would have (or still would, if any of it is left) made creeping around inside Danvers State Mental Hospital the perfect thing to do around the Halloween season.
Forum Virgin
frizzen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2008, 05:08 AM       
Great article, that town has seemed facinating since I first heard about it! Shame they keep tearing it down.

Check out the Abandoned Pennsylvania Turnpikes.
http://www.rays-hill.com/turnpike/home.htm
Imperial Stormtrooper
resident-adam is probably a spambot
Old Nov 12th, 2008, 12:58 AM       
I'm thinking of visiting Centralia in full Stormtrooper regalia. I'll post pics when/if I do. Great article though.
Forum Virgin
hobbsend is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 09:58 PM       
Heres one for you on the east coast, a bit of a hike for you guys, but deffinatly worth it; Spider's Gate Cemetary. Accroding to legend entering each one the supposed gates to the cemetary (mind you you hear alot of "The 6th gate is between that rock and that dumpster" )but still has a really nice, creepy feel too it. Heres a link with more: http://www.strangene.com/cemeteries/spidergate.htm
Forum Virgin
uno-kun is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 02:32 PM       
If you ever travel down to Mexico, go see the Mummy Museum in Guanajuato

Guanajuato is a wee bit far down to travel, but the museum is super creepy, as you can see from the first link. Basically all the mummies there were all residents of the town at some point from the colonial era.

Not for the squeamish, since there are mummy children Dx

Also, there is a seperate hallway of just random oddities, such as a guillotine, a "vampire skeleton", and a coffin with spikes.

The best part are the caramel mummies as souvenirs. Delicious!
Resident psychopath
Location: this one time I laughed and milk came out of my nose!!!
Popsicle is probably a spambot
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 12:02 PM       
Well one time I was working at a haunted house and I was in one of these halls of mirrors by myself waiting for people to get to this room. So I was sitting there waiting, I walked by one of the mirrors, no reflection. I assure you these mirrors were perfectly normal and were supposed to reflect. I go to the next one, no reflection. Then I heared rushing waster like it was in the room with me. For those who are curious it was Knotts berry Farms halloween haunt. In this maze called Killer Clown Kollege which is located near Xcelerator and pretty close to perilous plunge. Someone died on perilous plunge a while back, I thoght it had something to do with that, not exactly sure though. After a while the water stops and people start pouring in. I was following some people through the mirror hall and I saw 1 reflection of a person who wasn't even there. It was like some obese lady (which is kind of like the person who fell of perilous plunge). All and all I am not sure...The fog and lighting and darkness all may have been playing tricks on me. Either way, that was a night that scared me.
Forum Virgin
darkkitten is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM       
I know a place down in texas called the staley cemetary. So appearantly,there was an indian burial ground and they built the cemetary right on top of it.Every so often, there is a blue light that can be seen flying over the place at night. The only problem is that the police are patrolling it 24/7...
lurking on the walls
saturnknight is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2012, 12:29 PM       
Awesome picture show Proto