Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 06:11 PM        Top Ten Bands You are Fucking Sick of
10. Metallica. Quit it.

9. The Doors. Pseudo-meaningful, drugged-up elf music. I hate this band so much. Jim Morrison did a lot of drugs. Wow. We have prisons FULL of guys who have done more drugs than he did, and they didn't pretend to write music that meant something. I can not stand it when someone becomes famous because of all the fucking drugs or hookers or groupies they did, and not for the music they made.

8. Incubus. Ugh. Such a blatant boy-band.

7. Slipknot. Yeah, i had to add them. Even I am getting tired of them. Honestly, it's their fans that bug me more than their music. If you like them, you can't just have a patch, or wear a shirt, you have have nine patches, four shirts, two necklaces, the toothbrush, and their name written all over your shoes. Why?

6. The Misfits. I loathe this band. Horrid voice. The song content is surprisingly time, and i find that they should not be using song titles like "legacy of brutality" if they're not going to write about said song in any good or interesting manner. It's DM content that's been dumbed down and accompanied by awful, awful music. This comes from a guy who will listen to shrieking static on his stereo.

5. Sex Pistols. They're playing in DC soon. You know, for a "punk" band, they must have no idea who their fans are when they're charging FORTY FUCKING DOLLARS to go see them.

4. Ozzy Osbourne. I hate his solo stuf. Hate hate hate. He's a douche bag (like all rock stars), and all i can ever remember from that band is his voice. I can not remember a single thing that Rhodes played in any of his songs. At least with Sabbath, everything else got to shine through, but in this band Rhodes only gets one of those rare solo opportunities.

3. Alice Cooper. I have nothing against the man, but i'm fucking sick of hearing about how he "jizzed in his sister's donut" or bit the head off a chicken. I have to hear about something he did every fucking time my friend comes over.

2. Kiss. UGH. The most shallow band on the face of the earth.

1. Van Halen. You have no idea how boring i find this band. Their music is decent, at best. They embodied the Rock Star image, and i detest rock stars with all my guts. The real assholes get all the breaks. Fucking ridiculous. I refuse to like or support a man whose whole musical career is built around "DRUGS, BOOZE, AND PUSSY!"

imported_Wicked Steve is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 06:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
I can not remember a single thing that Rhodes played in any of his songs.
For one thing, Randy Rhoads only played on a couple of albums before he died in the mid-80s, and Ozzy had tons of hits afterward with Jake E. Lee and then Zakk Wylde, who has quite a catalog of his own. If you can't remember the riff from Crazy Train (Rhoads), the intro to Bark at the Moon (Lee), or any of No More Tears (Wylde) - and these are just the most popular tunes - you either a) don't pay attention to guitar parts at all or b) haven't listened to enough Ozzy to have an educated opinion. There are guitar solos in almost all of his songs, and if you've ever heard an Ozzy live album, his guitarists are often more prominent than he is on stage (musically if not visually).

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 07:20 PM       
I could only think of five bands to be sick of, since I'm leaving out pop stars.

1. Good Charlotte, as representatives of all pop-punk. I was working at a club across the street from the Target Center (Minneapolis) when Good Charlotte was playing there, and a five-block radius was overrun by more or less identical 15 year olds with multiple piercings and spiky dyed hair. So much for the individualism these kids all pride themselves on.

2. Bon Jovi. Not even huge rock icons deserve to charge $150 a ticket, and Bon Jovi are second-class at best compared to the real greats. Greedy motherfuckers.

3. AC/DC. Almost twenty albums later, and they still sound the same. It's still good music, but *YAWN*!!

4. Slipknot.
5. The Deftones. Because the lead singers of these two bands are far more arrogant than they deserve to be. Corey Taylor says Slipknot has released two of the best albums of all time. Yeah fucking right. And Chino Moreno is pissed off that he's touring with Metallica, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, and Mudvayne - he said something like "these bands wouldn't even be here if it weren't for us, and Metallica is just washed up." Nevermind how heavily the Deftones are influenced by old Metallica (they may have gone downhill but they still deserve respect) and that the other three groups are their fucking peers in every way, especially Limp Bizkit. Sorry, Chino, you don't get to start taking credit for other bands yet.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM       
Avril fucking Lavigne.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 09:16 PM       
AW, JEANETTE, YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND THE YOUNG'UNS THESE DAYS
Lord Felch Demon
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:01 PM       
Yeah, i haven't heard too many Ozzy tunes. Why? I never cared enough to listen past anything on the radio. The fact of the matter is, he's nothing outside of Sabbath. I'm not a fan of Zakk Wylde, either. He may be a good guitarist, but his band is fucking boring. All the Wylde tracks i've heard were nothing but boring heavy metal.
Everything Sucks is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:11 PM       
1. REEL BIG FISH!
2. Avril Lavigne
3. Blink 182
4. Good Charlotte
5. Eminem!
6. Linkin Park

That's it for now...
...for breakfast?!
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 10:12 PM       
WOW, YOU REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND OUR GENERATION

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:31 PM       
Well, so far I pretty much agree with everything y'all have said, although I still have kind of a soft spot in my heart for the Misfits. With that being said:

1. Good Charlotte, Blink 182, Simple Plan, New Found Glory, etc. All these lame ass pretty boy "punk" bands are just complete and utter shit, sullying the (once) good name of the genre.

2. Chevelle. I can't listen to the radio for more than eight minutes without hearing one of their songs.

3. White Stripes. See number 2.

4. Led Zepplin. Sorry, I guess I'm just too unsophisticated to understand the "mastery" of their songs. Plant's voice is grating, Page's guitar work is dull, and as for John Bonham, I have drummer friends who swear by him "because he hits them so hard". Whoop-de-fucking-doo. That's what drummers do.

5. White Zombie/Rob Zombie. Quite possibly the worst voice in the history of music.

I know there's a plethora of others, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment. More to come later.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:57 PM       
I like KISS's shallowness. And KISS's music makes me happy for some reason.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 12:34 AM        Re: Top Ten Bands You are Fucking Sick of
Quote:
2. Kiss. UGH. The most shallow band on the face of the earth.
You have not lived until you watch a man, wearing nothing but a towel, eat a banana while listening to Strutter '78.

Blue is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:44 AM       
I'd have to say eminem is the biggest peice of shit and the fans (as a group) are just as bad. There might be a few descent individuals around but i doubt it.
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 02:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by "
4. Led Zepplin. Sorry, I guess I'm just too unsophisticated to understand the "mastery" of their songs. Plant's voice is grating, Page's guitar work is dull, and as for John Bonham, I have drummer friends who [i
swear[/i] by him "because he hits them so hard". Whoop-de-fucking-doo. That's what drummers do.

...but you can not say shit about John Paul Jones. He was the genius in that band.
Everything Sucks is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 03:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
WOW, YOU REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND OUR GENERATION
What the hell do you mean?
...for breakfast?!
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 03:13 AM       
WOW, I GUESS YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 09:26 AM       
Nickelback and every fucking band that sounds like them.

Nickelback is extremely overplayed, and to make it worse there are like 4+ bands who write songs that are so similar you cant even tell if they are the same band, and they are just as overplayed

Maybe its different for you're areas, but here in winnipeg our rock station plays the stuff from these bands more than 50% of their entire program, I shit you not.

Its boring, unsophisticated music that isnt even good for angry background noise.

when will they all just die already!?
UNODIR
KILLADEUCE sucks
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 12:57 PM       
Quote:
I'd have to say eminem is the biggest peice of shit and the fans (as a group) are just as bad.
No shit, I've seen tighter (w)rappers on a candy bar- PLain suckery-

I have to say Van Halen is a big second for me, That "Brown sound" is about as original today as "Natural sweetening"
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 01:56 PM       
1. Naked Raygun What the fuck? Are these Naked Raygun fan kids everywhere? Pssh, fucking hipsters. We all know they are just buying thier pants from the thrift stores. I can get those pants NEW from target!
2. 5ive They stole thier name from the cool boy band, fags. Guitar/Drums? Ooo, WHITE STRIPES ALREADY DID THAT!
3. Dillinger Escape Plan pfft, they need to quit ripping off Metallica riffs.
4. Dream Theatre Who do these fags think they are? I'm tired of 3-chord punk bullshit on the radio. Yeah, I can shop at hot topic, look at me!
5. Bjork Who does this bitch think she is? Avril Lavigne?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 02:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob3
5. Bjork Who does this bitch think she is? Avril Lavigne?
Bjork was around years before Avril Lavigne.
agroskaterik is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 02:34 PM       
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 03:42 PM       
1. Good Charlette- this is where our generation went wrong, there CD should have been just been used as coasters or play do molds

2. Avril Lavigne- After gc ruined everything civil about music, avril put another layer of shit on it

3. Linkin Park- too techno

4. Goldfinger- They use to be such a good band, and now

5. White stripes- that one song that has been beaten into submission

6. Blink 182- another band i use to like before they where struck by fame

7. Sum 41- there moms should have been aborted

8. Incubus- meh...

9. New Found Glory- another band ruined by fame

10. Metallica- good band but there time has come
Lord Felch Demon
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 03:43 PM       
As far as i know, Dream Theater haven't done anything even remotely akin to punk, Noob.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 04:15 PM       
1. Evanesence - Hellooooo, Limp Bizkit II
2. KMFDM - Stole their name from MDFMK, screamo metal is a little old. Old Navy should never have associated with them.
3. Smashing Pumpkins - Dave Matthews and Everclear meet to have a drugged-up, bald asshole represent them.
4. Faith No More - Uh, KoRn did this, and years earlier.
5. Radiohead - I don't think even they understand their 'music.' Never liked new age much anyway.

At least Metallica put out a new album.

Old Aug 15th, 2003, 04:24 PM       
Quote:
As far as i know, Dream Theater haven't done anything even remotely akin to punk, Noob.
Yeah...Dream Theater is a prog rock/metal band..what are you smoking, Noob?

And Chojin...how is Evanescence like Limp Bizkit? Granted, I haven't heard their new album (I've got Origin), but they don't strike me as the mindless screaming talentless rap-rock type of group. (the synthesizers, creative guitar playing, and female vocals kinda differentiate them for me)

Finally, Faith No More debuted in 1985, nine years before Korn did...what exactly did Korn do earlier?[/quote]

Location: one shot, right between the eyes, just for old times sake
Bennett is probably a spambot
Old Aug 15th, 2003, 04:31 PM