Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:10 PM        A Little More War Than Expected on your kids Credit Cards
Bush, in Shift, Taps Into Emergency Iraq Funds

By Adam Entous

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentagon has begun tapping its $25 billion emergency fund for the Iraq war to prepare for a major troop rotation and intense fighting this fall, administration officials said on Tuesday, despite the White House's initial insistence that it had enough money.
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 02:14 PM       
" The decision follows last week's announcement that President Bush planned to divert nearly $3.5 billion from Iraqi water, power and other reconstruction projects in a bid to improve security."

Remember when they said the last hunk of money would finance the war well beyond the elections and everyone thought, boy oh boy, can you imagine how much they're going to need by then to spare them the embarassment of asking while W's running?

I guess things are bad enough they couldn't even go that long.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 21st, 2004, 07:06 PM       
How much money have we currentrly spent on "reconstruction" not including the actual war in the beginning?
Old Sep 22nd, 2004, 11:29 AM       
At last check, about 1/18 of it. It's way too dangerous to even attempt reconstruction, and as opposed to estblishing a trust fund, the Bushies have begun to look at this pile of money as funds they can use for the war without the embarassment of having to ask congress to give them more.

I predict we'll end up spending most of the 'reconstructiuon' money on war.

We have a LONG track record of raising reconstruction money for places and then spending it on other things. Afghanistan most recently and huge amount to repair the huge chunks of Panama we burned to the ground when Bush Sr. went after his self created bogeyman, manuel Noriega.