Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 02:37 AM        FahrenHYPE 9/11
I rented it tonight, wasn't too impressed. In particular, they condemn Moore for exploiting the families of servicemen who died in combat.....by parading family members of servicemen who died in in combat. :/

The BEST part is when Zell Miller compares the war on terror to the nest of copper heads he finds in his yard while cleaning brush, or something. PRICELESS.

Then there's shots of Dick Morris constantly pointing at stuff in NYC.

Anybody else see this yet?
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 03:31 AM       
So it was worse then Moore's film?
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 07:53 AM       
heres a spoiler!

Quote:
i diddnt see it
it seems like its cashing in on a cashing in to 9/11

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 23rd, 2004, 01:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
So it was worse then Moore's film?
Well, that's a tough call. I didn't really care for Fahrenheit 9/11, but I did enjoy Bowling for Columbine. Facts and arguments aside, Moore can just make a better film than these guys can.

I think they intentionally attempt to use his specific "style" in order to add effect, but it gets lost at times. Like I said, constant shots of Dick Morris pointing around NYC, talking about foiled terrorist plots against NYC landmarks, cuts back to Moore saying in a speech "there is no terrorist threat."

And the cast of characters in this one is great-- hacks from various conservative think tanks, Ann Coulter, Zell Miller, Ed Koch, and Dick Morris (just in case anybody wasn't aware, Dick Morris hasn't been a liberal for a while now).

Ann Coulter, the very same woman who recently reaffirmed on Hannity & Colmes her Middle East policy-- kill most muslims, force them to convert to Christianity, build shopping malls.

They use the tragedy/attacks of 9/11 in just as tasteless (arguably more so) a fashion as Moore has.

It dwells waaaay too long on the so-called "7 minutes" after Bush heard about the attacks. Their response? It was actually 5 minutes. :/

Then there's actually some douche bag saying "well, if Moore can't even get the time details right, I don't know about other stuff, blah blah, blibbity blah!"

Leftists make a big deal of those 7 (0r 5 or whatever) minutes, but I don't know it warranted an equally ridiculous retort in this film....
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 03:51 PM       
when you listen to moore talking about bush in fierenhiet you can almost imagine hime foaming at the mouth with rage.

Striped Tomato
Zebra 3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 04:51 PM       
:/ - Documentaries like Fahrenheit 9/11 are pretty boring for those who follow the news on a regular basis. That said, I've seen another which covers somewhat the same shit as Moore, Control Room ('04).
Crying Baby Jesus is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2004, 05:12 PM       
It makes me laugh. Because pople "lives" are being changed by some guy who looks like a Wookie.