Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Ninja in training
lumpisan is probably a spambot
Old Jun 27th, 2009, 11:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Leader View Post
holy shit i love me some pete and pete ^^ its the only old nick show you can get legitimately on dvd

you stupid lemon eater
has a woody
Phoenix Gamma is probably a spambot
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 09:11 AM       
Pete and Pete is probably my favorite sitcom. I rank it up there with Arrested Development on account of it actually being funny to this day. Probably even funnier now that I get all of those "adult jokes" that made it past the censors. Some guy on Veoh has every episode uploaded. I strongly suggest going back to it. Great writing, great acting, and a sweet soundtrack.

Unfortunately, the rest of Nick's "good old shows" just don't hold up anymore. All That isn't as funny as I remember, You Can't Do That On Television was the most bland children's show ever created, and Are You Afraid of the Dark coupled horrible acting with stories that weren't very scarey, even when I was 10.

But on the bright side, none of those shows were as terrible as Hey Dude or Roundhouse. And at least Double Dare was fun to watch.

teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 03:04 PM       
It's like Reverend Nørb dressed as Ernie.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2009, 09:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Gamma View Post
Pete and Pete is probably my favorite sitcom. I rank it up there with Arrested Development on account of it actually being funny to this day. Probably even funnier now that I get all of those "adult jokes" that made it past the censors. Some guy on Veoh has every episode uploaded. I strongly suggest going back to it. Great writing, great acting, and a sweet soundtrack.

Unfortunately, the rest of Nick's "good old shows" just don't hold up anymore. All That isn't as funny as I remember, You Can't Do That On Television was the most bland children's show ever created, and Are You Afraid of the Dark coupled horrible acting with stories that weren't very scarey, even when I was 10.

But on the bright side, none of those shows were as terrible as Hey Dude or Roundhouse. And at least Double Dare was fun to watch.
I agree. Pete and Pete might be the only old Nickelodeon show that I'm not embarrassed to still enjoy. I used to love You Can't Do That on Television more than anything when I was a kid and I did everything I could a couple years ago to get a hold of some episodes and I was very disappointed. Pete and Pete is just amazingly good for a show produced for children.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM       
I got Green Slime shampoo right when it first came out, and I remember being disappointed that it was just green-tinted regular shampoo and not the neon glop they dumped on people on TV. Wish I'd saved a bottle, though.
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 10:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10,000 Volt Ghost View Post
Secret World of Alex Mack.
She was great.

And she went on to perform 10 Things I Hate About You.

Oh man, I remember when KaBlam! was my favorite thing on air. Prometheus and Bob always had me laughing.
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 01:30 AM       
I really really like Larisa Oleynik. I've always had a crush on her and Caroline Rhea.
Insane Writer
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 05:00 PM       
Yeah, she's a good actress. I never really made the connection for a while though. Then I looked up what else she did and thought "Shoot! That's here? Awesome!"
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 05:19 PM       
Whats here?
Insane Writer
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 05:27 PM       
"her".
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Jun 30th, 2009, 05:28 PM       
I wish she was here

<---------
Insane Writer
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 07:31 PM       
hay
nothopelessyet is probably a spambot
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:18 PM       
Did anyone else have that robot that was a rip off of Teddy Ruxpin, the one you could put the tape in? There was an Are You Afraid of the Dark? tape you could buy and put in his stomach, and you got to listen to the stories... Anyone?

Ruxpin is still alive and well, by the way.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:24 PM       
Hopeless
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
Les Lye has passed away.

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca...hub=OttawaHome

BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 02:56 PM       
Yes but is the Taco Bell dog still ok?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Old Jul 24th, 2009, 03:01 PM       
No. He/She too kicked the busket.