Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 04:48 AM       
Quote:
and i have some very good friends that i would have never have met if i didn't smoke.
I agree that this is lol.

dreaddi is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 08:32 AM       
What pisses me off is that all this anti smoking stuff is so hypocritical. The government gets so much money from the taxes on cigarettes, I wonder if they'd be all that happy if every smoker in the world suddenly stopped buying their pack(s) of cigarettes everyday. All they're doing is saying that they want people to stop smoking and that's why they put those stupid labels on the packets and raise the taxes, but in reality it's just another way to get more money without gaining a bad reputation.

UrbanMonkeyAmy is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 10:55 AM       
Even though I do not smoke I still hate the Truth ads, they're just fucking propaganda that probably lie as much as the cigarette companies. I already know the dangers and benefits of smoking I don’t need anyone ramming all of this bullshit down my throat. I’ve made my decision not to smoke , but if other people want to smoke that’s their choice and if companies want to make money off them that’s just capitalism. I hate how the Truth think that they are so self righteous and edgy, all they are doing is trying to restrict our freedoms.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM       
Also, it's important to note that at the end of every Truth.com commercial, it states that they get their funding from Phillip-Morris. Frankly, I think it's a ploy by P-M to make anti-smokers look like douchebags.
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 01:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMock
BigMcLargeHuge: It's amazing how in all your arguments you fail to factor in that you're addicted. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that had something to do with why you smoke as well.

Would you still smoke if you could stop doing it, right now, and not crave after a cigarette ever again? Honestly?

I actually quit for about a month recently, it was alot easier than i expected and since i restarted smoking i have been smoking around 4 cigarettes a day.

And I really do have friends that are the direct result of smoking because smoking brings people together.

I mean, i understand if you don't agree with my decisions but don't try to act like you understand them. Because you are stupid McMock.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 06:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge
The whole "losing 8 minutes of your life" thing is just a bunch of anti-smoking bull shit, if you quit smoking and you don't have lung cancer your chances of ever getting it go down to pretty clost to that of the general population.
Are you a Doctor? Didn't you just have a tumor removed....you know that was from smoking didn't you?

Quote:
i have some very good friends that i would have never have met if i didn't smoke.
wtf is up with your avatar lol its freaky

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 07:24 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big McLargehuge
Quote:
BigMcLargeHuge: It's amazing how in all your arguments you fail to factor in that you're addicted. I wouldn't be at all surprised if that had something to do with why you smoke as well.

Would you still smoke if you could stop doing it, right now, and not crave after a cigarette ever again? Honestly?

I actually quit for about a month recently, it was alot easier than i expected and since i restarted smoking i have been smoking around 4 cigarettes a day.

And I really do have friends that are the direct result of smoking because smoking brings people together.

I mean, i understand if you don't agree with my decisions but don't try to act like you understand them. Because you are stupid McMock.
I don't care about your decisions. Do as you want. Just know that you restarted smoking, not because you proved that you could quit and now you don't have to anymore, but because you're addicted. And know that you will soon be back at how many cigarettes you used to smoke before, not because that's your decision, but because you're addicted. You're an addict, motherfucker. Admit it to yourself.

I know for a fact that I'm smarter than you are, because I did figure out that I was addicted, and I did figure out that all the reasons I made up were nothing but me lying to myself. If I'm stupid then at least I'm less stupid at it than you.
hix1122 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 07:34 PM       
Truth is the devil. They use fear in order to get their point across, instead of facts, witch shows that the people who make those commercial are too stupid to actually try to convince the people to stop smoking instead, of blowing up babies while depressed sounding teenagers are talking in the background.
Psychedelic
Lotida is probably a spambot
Old Dec 12th, 2004, 07:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixby Phillips
wtf is up with your avatar lol its freaky
Apparently, Chojin likes it better than my last one.....

I think he's trying to freak you out!
Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 01:49 AM       
Quote:
I don't care about your decisions. Do as you want. Just know that you restarted smoking, not because you proved that you could quit and now you don't have to anymore, but because you're addicted. And know that you will soon be back at how many cigarettes you used to smoke before, not because that's your decision, but because you're addicted. You're an addict, motherfucker. Admit it to yourself.

I know for a fact that I'm smarter than you are, because I did figure out that I was addicted, and I did figure out that all the reasons I made up were nothing but me lying to myself. If I'm stupid then at least I'm less stupid at it than you.

I didn't say that i wasn't addicted. But if you had to try that hard to quit, then you are weak willed. I mean if you seriously can't deal with being a little grumpy for a couple of days then you are a pussy.

I don't want to quit smoking or i would.
Forum Virgin

Killy The Bid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 06:07 AM       
Here in the U.K we get an advert of an old man who lost his voice box to smoking (throat cancer), then was diagnosed with lung cancer.

Then he says how he will live to see his granddaughter (or some other relative) who is visiting soon.

Finally, the all too obvious "This man died before he saw his *insert relative here*".

All I could think when viewing this ad was "How fucking convenient". What do these anti-smoking people do, scoure the globe for people dying of cancer then record them soon before they die?

I am not a smoker, but I am not going to bitch about people smoking. Facsist (sp?) bastards.

(P.S. Yes, I have been watching South Park, so sue me)
Burger Lord is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 10:00 AM       
I think the "Truth" people believe they are going to live forever and never grow old and die because they don't smoke. Obviously only smokers die, or get cancer. What would truely be ironic is if a few of the Truth guys got some other non-smoking related cancer and died young, would be tragic that they died, but hilarious at the same time.
Dynamic Dustin M. is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 11:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
My mom died from smoking. My dad has a heart disease. I have a smoker's cough, possible emphezema, and skin cancer (although it's completely unrelated).

Still, fuck you Dustin.
I suppose its the Tobacco Industry's fault for "making" your family smoke eh?
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 01:14 PM       
The thing with the tobacco companies that really pisses me off is the fact that they knew that cigarettes were addictive for a long time and lied about it for years.

Anyone remember the time they testified before congress and each claimed that they did not believe tobacco to be addictive and it was later revealed that their own studies showed otherwise?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 01:55 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Also, it's important to note that at the end of every Truth.com commercial, it states that they get their funding from Phillip-Morris. Frankly, I think it's a ploy by P-M to make anti-smokers look like douchebags.
As much as I prefer your explaination, it's just that this is part of their anti-tobacco settlement. I don't think they control the content of the ads.

http://www.apha.org/journal/nation/truthcover0504.htm
LOL INTERNETS
Command Prompt is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 03:57 PM       
At this point, I'd like to point out that most of you use that right to smoke concept to defend your smoking will eventually get drastically sick and expect taxpayers to pay for your cancer treatments and whatnot. The health care system in Canada is on its knees because of people who don't give a shit, fuck up, and then expect other people to pay for thier mistakes.

I don't want to preach, cause I smoked too, back in high school, AND in the boys room too, just to be extra cool, but I realized soon enough that the only reason I smoked was because of

1. Image
2. Additives - and those two reasons were pretty shitty so I quit. I have a cigarette now and then at work but thats cause nicotene is a drug, and all drugs are fun in moderation. If I could never ever legally have a cigarette ever again though, I wouldn't whine and bitch about it, cause I'd be better off.

Those of you, however who walk around in a cloud of smoke, chainsmoking like a chimney are the problem and can fuck right off.
You're just as hopelessly addictted as the next alchoholic and cokehead, you're just to weak to admit it and less likely too since your poison is legal. Tobacco companies made fake ads in the 40s and 50s that had doctors recommending cigarettes for fuck sakes. The Truth people may seem lame because thier telling you something you don't want to hear. Or maybe its cause the ads for cigarrettes show people who look like they get laid alot, having a good time, and the ads for THE TRUTH aren't so slick. Maybe cause thier trying to give you the truth and not a fucking image.

But remember, the fool always realizes too late. When I'm Prime Minister, I can't wait for people to come running and crying for heart transplants and cancer treatments and expect the goverment to spend millions of dollars to keep thier festering bodies alive. You smoke? Got sick? You deserve it. Too fucking bad hotshot, pay for it yourself.

The Damp Moose is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 04:39 PM       
That'll be real fun, wont it? Having your entire country dying of cancer and heart disease and you sitting there saying "fuck off"? What about the second-handers? What if someone smoked in their past (you) and suddenly got lung cancer? Would you tell someone like that to pay for it themselves? Ethics are fun!
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 04:46 PM       
I'd be willing to bet that factory and autmobile emissions are the cause of much more of the lung cancer in anti-smoking than second hand smoke. How can you truly measure which are the cause of the lung cancer in the anti-smokers when all of those air pollutants are just as open and free to be ingestants as cigarette smoke? I'm not looking to be obtuse, here. Does anyone here know how they can differentiate the causes accurately?

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old Dec 13th, 2004, 04:56 PM       
Check a person's lungs for the specific carconogens that are in cigarettes? I'm sure there are at least two dozen chemicals that are in cigarettes that aren't in car emissions or other polutants.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 06:28 PM       
So then you have to discern whether carcinogens in cigarette smoke are likely to stay in the lungs longer than those in the other emissions and just how many of the same carcinogens are common to both. You see what I mean? I never find those kind of statistics in the cigarette "fear" adds. It's not that I'm an advocate of tobacco manufacturers. Just sayin/.

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old Dec 13th, 2004, 07:34 PM       
Either way people would still smoke. "Smoking causes cancer, you dumbshit, don't you realize you're killing yourself?" Even if they were THAT blatant, people would still smoke.

Its a stupid thing to do, and people can quit whenever they want. I mean, cigarettes aren't addictive or anything. But why would you quit?

Quote:
I didn't say that i wasn't addicted. But if you had to try that hard to quit, then you are weak willed. I mean if you seriously can't deal with being a little grumpy for a couple of days then you are a pussy.

I don't want to quit smoking or i would.

So why would one want to keep on doing something that they know perfectly well will kill them, or at least hurt their health.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 08:03 PM       
i cant quit smoking. i tried for like, 6 hours once. i almost killed my mom and all my friends said i was an ass hole. i'm more addicted to the act of smoking than anything in the smoke...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 08:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic Dustin M.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schimid
My mom died from smoking. My dad has a heart disease. I have a smoker's cough, possible emphezema, and skin cancer (although it's completely unrelated).

Still, fuck you Dustin.
I suppose its the Tobacco Industry's fault for "making" your family smoke eh?
Well, I was sorta kidding, but i do really think that it's unfair to put additives in your cigarettes that make them addictive, especially when it's something that can be potentially harmful.

My family actually has a tendency to get addicted to things easily. I'm not blaming that on the industry, but I do think that they prey on people like my family, to an extent. Maybe I'm just looking for a scapegoat as to my parent's unhealthy situation, but it's a working scapegoat.

And I hate the TRUTH commercials too, don't worry.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 10:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebiggameover
i cant quit smoking. i tried for like, 6 hours once. i almost killed my mom and all my friends said i was an ass hole. i'm more addicted to the act of smoking than anything in the smoke...
Oral fixation, I imagine. Try lollipops.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Dec 13th, 2004, 10:25 PM       
ciggarrettes never do anything for me. they make my lungs kinda feel heavey and that's it. same with pot :/