Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:09 PM        Ashcroft actually presides over something good.
I thought Max, in particular, would like this.

Ashcroft has announced that Worldcom CFO Scott Sullivan has pled guilty to securities fraud, and will get 25 years in prison. Not sure what's going on with CEO Bernie Ebbers, but we can hope he'll get at least the same.

For those of you who don't remmeber, Worldcom's bankruptcy made Enron's bankruptcy look like a mom-and-pop hardware store shutting down. Worldcom cooked their books to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars.

Let's hope these guys aren't just the metaphorical bone being thrown to the public, and more of this type of punishment will be handed down to corporate scumfuck robber-barons.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:22 PM       
Who is the guy who has to pay the $200 million fine plus is still suseptible to being sued for damges by the victims?
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 01:27 PM       
Sspad, you should see 'The Corporation'. It's an excellent critical documentary about the dangers of unfettered corporate power.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 2nd, 2004, 02:34 PM       
25 years is very good. That he got that by pleading guilty is excellent, as that means 25 is the lenient version.

I am so for punishing major white collar crime this harshly.

Of course this guy will be up for parole in what, ten years? And he'll kae parole since he's probably not violent. Still, a decade behind brs is very long time and this finally sends a mesage.

I'm very curious to see a chart graphing sentences for these big guys vs. their contributions to W. They obviously chose this guy to make an example of. I hope it's the tip of the iceberg, but we'll have to see, and maybe I'm being cynical, but I can't imagine W's bots throwing a lot of 'rangers' to the lions. Bad for business, don't you know.
Dr. Nick Riviera is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 01:03 PM       
If the Bush administration really wanted to crack down on corporate crime, they would have given Microsoft way more than a slap on the wrist a couple years ago.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Mar 3rd, 2004, 03:47 PM       
That wasn't Bush. That was the Clinton Syndicate.

And Microsoft wasn't going to get victimized by the same trick they used to take down IBM 20 years ago. They had enough mind to control the damage.