Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

imported_I, fuzzbot. is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 03:26 PM        All along the Watchtower
Sent my mother's birthday presents today. Trying to keep them a secret as much as possible, but this endeavour was made slightly more difficult when the lady at the Post Office made me declare the contents on a big sticker on the front of the packages. So, thanks for that, guys.

Presumably now I've declared my contents inoffensive, the customs officers won't need to rip open the package to check I'm not sending forbidden types of meat or a vial of lethal ricin which my mother might use to stick in the end of an umbrella and assassinate the Pope. I wonder if they ever catch any terrorists this way, absent-mindedly writing 'Contents: 1 x baggie of Anthrax' on the front of their nondescript Jiffy bags. 'Dude, you were supposed to write that the package contained 'leaflets and adhesive labels' so we could send it at the printed paper rate instead of the small packet rate! Allah's gonna be really pissed off now!'.

I made some tentative footsteps in the direction of gainful employment last week by visiting a big graduate careers fair thing, which served mostly to rekindle my recently-diminished hatred for students, or 'fucking students' as they're known nowadays. Watched them slither up to corporate representatives and launching into stump speeches about how terribly appealing they find the idea of either joining a multinational 'knowledge transfer' conglomerate or trainee-deputy-managing an out-of-town branch, depending on who they were trying to arselick at the time.

It was like watching a bunch of snakes going through some kind of particularly repulsive mating ritual. Many of the presentation stalls were manned by besuited, oily, corporate sub-humans with dazzlingly white grins and artfully-trimmed facial hair, and so the best I could do was to make a beeline for the stands patrolled by normal people, pick up a handful of pamphlets and scarper off to town.

Most of the jobs offered were complete non-starters (the ones I was most interested in before the fair wanted me to have travelled 2 continents which aren't Europe or North America, have a qualification from some kind of national journalism school, or be able to go off to Northampton for several days a month), but there's maybe a couple I could apply for, so I'll keep you posted on how that goes, if it goes at all.

Aside from that, I've basically been whiling away my time with other pressing engagements, like finally getting around to watching the deleted scenes out of 'Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back', playing 'Worms 3D', and actually going to the mosque.

Is Jeanette X still about?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 03:32 PM       
Homo.
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 03:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Homo.
Apparently, the homosexuality 'debate' is gonna split the Church. It's not the most well-informed of debates.
'But gay people are alrght, they're not hurting anyone'
'But...but...the Bible...I mean...there's something in the Bible about it being wrong for some reason which is never fully explained'
'Didn't God also create gay people and didn't Jesus or someone say 'love thy neighbour'?'
'Well, gay people were a mistake. It was like 'Frankenstein' or some shit. And I'm sure the love thy neighbour bit was followed by 'except if thy neighbour droppeth his anchor in Poo Bay', surely?'

Amusing to see the Anglican church getting all uppity because some bishop once, like, did it. But...with another guy. Ew.
Jim Duncan - Weather is probably a spambot
Old Dec 17th, 2004, 08:25 PM       
Shut up homo.

Old Dec 17th, 2004, 09:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Duncan - Weather
Shut up homo.
Something about walking down the street listening to thumping drum'n'bass makes you feel like you're in the opening credit sequence of a really cool movie where some big shit is about to go down.