Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 09:11 AM       
i didn't think ET was all that bad, considering it was made by one dude who was given only 6 weeks when the average development cycle was 6 or 7 months. but i had it when i was a tiny kid and kind of liked it even if i didn't understand the idea of a game having a bug that could prevent you from completing it :contrary
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 09:12 AM       
I played it when I was little too and it wasn't noticeably worse than any of my other Atari games. Of course, it certainly was no Burgertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
buy a copy of Ishtar
I heard Ishtar was okay.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM       
Gary Larson was the probably the only person to ever admit that, and I think he was just feeling guilty about dissing a movie he never saw
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:35 PM       
Link's Awakening is simply a much better game. Better design, better music, better story, better overworld, better dungeons, better puzzles, smoother gameplay, etc. I'd go so far as to call it a brilliant game, even. The hilarious part is that yes, it absolutely trounces LttP despite being built on inferior hardware, but that's not anything new.

So far this arguement has consisted of "guys, I don't like LttP very much, here's a collection of reasons for that"

"WOAH, STOP BEING SUCH A HIPSTER WITH YOUR TROLL OPINIONS"

Quote:
I find people who want to dislike something just to be 'different' to be hilarious. I also find them to be somewhat cowardly and hypocritical. If you want to be different, go all the freaking way. Don't just hate things everyone loves, declare you love things everyone hates. Join the neo nazis, watch Sandra Prill videos, buy a copy of Ishtar, get the game ET for Atari 2600 and play it nonstop. Of course none of them do, so in the end their opinions are laughable, empty, and meaningless because half measures get you nowhere.

While we are at it, the internet is pretty popular, aren't you being a conformist by using it?
I don't think you even partially comprehend my motives. OH DEAR WAS THAT COMMENT TOO HIPSTER FOR YOU
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM       
Yes, but why are the puzzles better?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 01:55 PM       
Because they're fun to solve, obviously.

Basically it boils down to "Link to the Past is not very fun." This is because it's fucking tedious and all the puzzles and keyhunts and shit take 10 fucking years to finish even if you already know what to do

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jul 16th, 2011 at 02:54 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM       
All you keep saying though is "I don't like it because I don't like it"

That's the intellectual equivalent of Beavis and Butthead conversations

Beavis: Hey Buthead, let's play LttP heh heh

Butthead: Uhhh huh huh, LttP sucks, huh huh

All I have seen you do is say, 'I don't like (music/traps/level design/keys)' All of which by the way were in Link's Awakening executed pretty much the same way. You don't give examples of where you find a flaw in LttP nor do you explain how Awakening remedies these alleged flaws. Which brings me back to you are lying about playing it through twice. I think the reason you give no real examples is you have in fact never played LttP and you want to seem, yes, hipster. Or maybe you are taking a page from The Coolinator school of debate, where you just say the same thing over and over and then expect us to present your own argument for you.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 06:28 PM       
It's "better" is not a valid argument. This is exactly why no one is taking your opinion seriously.

That was very funny. Well done.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 07:39 PM       
the game boy version of mortal kombat is the best. the moves are just done better than the arcade. kano's ball roll is impossible with the arcade stick. plus it's more fun.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 08:04 PM       
Quote:
All I have seen you do is say, 'I don't like (music/traps/level design/keys)'
So, you've watched me talk about how I hate everything that makes up the game and are still at a loss for why I don't like it?

Quote:
the game boy version of mortal kombat is the best. the moves are just done better than the arcade. kano's ball roll is impossible with the arcade stick. plus it's more fun.
Come on, dude, Mortal Kombat is an Eldritch piece of shit no matter what system it's on, this is hardly a valid comparison.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 08:11 PM       
i still haven't seen a single gameboy game that was playable, let alone superior to anything
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 08:12 PM       
Pokemon?
was never good
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 08:17 PM       
okay yes i played pokemon red on the color and it was enjoyable. doesn't rly count though since it was on the color.

i think the original tetris might have been ok too; i can't remember if the gameboy's terribad ghosting affected it as much as every other game on that system
Ancient Mariner
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 08:23 PM       
that GB Ninja Gaiden game was playable, but easy as shit. My cousin had it and I beat it in an hour. The first GB bionic commando and mario game was fun, too.

That was about it.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 08:33 PM       
Quote:
okay yes i played pokemon red on the color and it was enjoyable. doesn't rly count though since it was on the color.
Uh, it was still a gameboy game, right?

I just assumed we were talking about the color anyway, but the b&w version of Link's Awakening is essentially the same game, just with a shitload of hilarious teleportation glitches that let you sequence break like nobody's business
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 09:15 PM       
Oh so a glitchy game is better? I see.

Yeah there is nothing more to discuss, you clearly know nothing about what makes a good game a good game
was never good
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM       
i really don't understand how the gameboy worked from a marketing perspective. the equipment was goddamn near impossible to actually play games on.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 09:48 PM       
It was clunky, had zero battery power, a spinach green screen, and yet....

It had Tetris on the go, which seemed to win the day at that time. The only handheld competition that was relevant (sorry Lynx and TG16 portable) was the Game Gear, and as bad as Gameboy was on batteries, Game Gear was way worse. So Gameboy won by simple default. Also Nintendo had nearly godlike status in the vidjamagames market in those days so if you slapped the Nintendo logo on a bucket of vomit people would have shelled out hundreds of dollars to buy it

As I recall the initial library for Gameboy was poor, other than Tetris and Super Mario Land there was nothing of note going for it (though I may be forgetting a title or 2)
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:08 PM       
compared to my pile of tiger lcd games the gameboy looked like the face of god :o i had one of those giant magnifier/light things stuck on top of it so i prolly looked like i was browsing through a microfiche goin down the street.

i dunno what you can compare it to and say that it had poor battery life though, i remember getting like 12h out of it.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:25 PM       
On 4 AAs I got about 4-6 hours. Not a ton. The rechargable battery solved that problem though. And the magnifier/light was a necessity if memory serves.

Also I too had a pile of Tiger LCD games
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Oh so a glitchy game is better? I see.

Yeah there is nothing more to discuss, you clearly know nothing about what makes a good game a good game
haha yeah ok

That's pretty much not what I said, but feel free to give yourself an easy exit

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Jul 16th, 2011 at 11:13 PM.
dead end
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 10:39 PM       
i used that teleporting glitch so often i wore out the select button on my gameboy
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 04:46 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
i still haven't seen a single gameboy game that was playable, let alone superior to anything
Woah woah, let's not get crazy here. It was a severely limited platform but had a bunch of good games. I had a Gameboy back in the diz-ay and here are just a few games that were AWESOME and completely playable:

Metroid 2: Return of Samus - No i'm not going to be like the hipster Gdub and claim it's better than Super or even the original Metroid but this game was pretty damn fun and had a massive world to explore which I had completely memorized to a t when I was a kid. The Metroid Queen (The Final Boss) was impressive to see given the Gameboy's limitations.

Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins - Crazy world that didn't fit into the Mario universe but it had pretty good graphics for the gameboy and enough levels to wanna slap yo mamma.

Operation C - Great contra portable with good graphics and play control but it didn't have a whole lot of levels. Still fun as hell.

Super Mario Land 3: Warioland - Better graphics than Land 2, awesome music, and enough treasures to find to keep you busy for a long time.

Bionic Commando - I actually liked this better than the NES version but admittedly I didn't play the NES version until years later on a ROM, so my opinion is probably shit.

Also Mortal Kombat was fucking TERRIBLE but that didn't stop me from obsessively playing it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 04:59 AM       
Bionic Commando for the GBC rocked.
The Glum Cunt
k0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contestk0k0 won the popularity contest
Old Jul 17th, 2011, 06:24 AM       
I like Bionic Commando Rearmed the best, but the NES version was a good time. I never got into playing handheld versions of anything other than sudoku on my cell phone.