Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 4th, 2011, 05:05 PM       
In the spirit of the end of March Madness, here is One Shining Moment college football edition:

Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 12:50 AM       
Here's a great article on what could potentially fix some of the problems in college football that are really coming to the forefront lately:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...ty-on-the-line

BTW, if you have the CBS College Sports network, the author, Tony Barnhart, has a great hour long show during the season that's definitely worth checking out. He actually focuses on the game of football and even delves into a little bit of politics (as they pertain to the game).
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 06:33 AM       
Jason Whitlock had a few interesting things to say about college athletics. His argument for paying college football and basketball mens athletes was interesting. He even has a pretty simple but effective counterargument for the 'well if you pay college football and basketball mens athletes you need to pay all the other sports'. That counterargument was 'capitalism works like this: if you draw a crowd and make money, you deserve to be paid, if you don't, then you do not deserve to be paid'
Beloved Cunt
Old Apr 5th, 2011, 06:10 PM       
I'm a big fan of rewarding revenue sports but then we'd have every woman and member of academia screaming to high heaven about Title IX and that's a mess that i'm sure most universities wouldn't want a part of.
Beloved Cunt
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:58 PM       
ESPN doin it's thang:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...douglas-death/
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old May 14th, 2011, 03:46 PM       
My initial thought was "they can't ba serious" - but apparently they were.

Classless does not adequately describe that post.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old May 30th, 2011, 12:06 PM       
Bombshell, Columbus Ohio. Jim Tressel has resigned

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

I defended him in the past but now I am convinced he has decided to flee much like Pete Carroll did. Now I am forced to sit and dread what else he did because I am now sure there will be more to come and Tressel has fled from it
Beloved Cunt
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:20 PM       
SI has an interesting take on his resignation:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...&sct=hp_t11_a2

Also rumors are heating up on the interwebs that SI is going to publish a "damning" story tonight on OSU's football program.

Doubtful they get punished any worse than USC, IMO.
Beloved Cunt
Old May 30th, 2011, 01:58 PM       
Here's a pretty good timeline of Tressel's career:
http://genuinelysarcastic.blogspot.c...tting-lie.html
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old May 30th, 2011, 03:26 PM       
Usher in Urban Meyer. A local boy who got his first start in coaching at Ohio State. Would definitely be interesting.
Beloved Cunt
Old May 30th, 2011, 04:06 PM       
The only way I see Meyer coaching at OSU is as the replacement for whoever they hire after Tressell. No way do I see Meyer coaching his first few years at a school under probation, scholarship reductions, etc.

Also Ohioans, you gotta love this:

Beloved Cunt
Old May 30th, 2011, 06:04 PM       
Shit is bout to get a whole lot worse:
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...05/30/zzz.html
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old May 30th, 2011, 08:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Here's a pretty good timeline of Tressel's career:
http://genuinelysarcastic.blogspot.c...tting-lie.html
My issue with that one is it is entirely slanted from the view of a MU fan so of course it will look like that. But MU has no rights to say anything, they hired Rich Rod once after all
Beloved Cunt
Old May 30th, 2011, 09:03 PM       
And boom goes the dynamite:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...sel/index.html

Oh Tressell you hound!
Quote:
One of Tressel's duties then was to organize and run the Buckeyes' summer camp. Most of the young players who attended it would never play college football, but a few were top prospects whom Ohio State was recruiting. At the end of camp, attendees bought tickets to a raffle with prizes such as cleats and a jersey. According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

Last edited by WhiteRat : May 30th, 2011 at 09:34 PM.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old May 31st, 2011, 05:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRat View Post
Shit is bout to get a whole lot worse:
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...05/30/zzz.html
And here's a better reply to Michigan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Rome
Hey Michigan fan how was your Memorial Day? I’m guessing the burgers were a little juicier and the brews a little colder in the mitten yesterday. Because you know, you’ll never get hammered by Jim Tressel ever again. And were probably bumping hail to the victor’s on repeat on your iPod dock at the barbeque in celebration. Well, you shouldn’t have been. You didn’t get over and now you’ll never have a chance to get even. You’ll never get another shot at the gym teacher who abused you so badly over the past decade. Sure, he leaves in shame, but he leaves 9-1 against y’all, so you be nearly as ashamed as he is. And you’ll never have the chance to make that right. Never get the opportunity to rip your dignity back from him. So stop acting like you ran him out of Columbus. If anything, you’re the reason he didn’t get run off sooner.
Beloved Cunt
Old May 31st, 2011, 06:53 PM       
So have the Buckeye faithful turned on Pryor yet? I saw pics of his nice shiny 350Z that he drove to a player's only meeting last night and supposedly some network is going to run another damning story on him and his chronies. Something about pictures of some sticky and some guns.
Beloved Cunt
Old May 31st, 2011, 07:03 PM       
The guy was trouble when during his recruitment he held a press conference to announce that he was delaying his commitment press conference. Also Charlie Batch was his mentor during the process so there ya go.
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:44 AM       
You're just pissed because Minnesota has a poor collegiate football program.

All that aside, Ohio State is a legendary program and will rebuild itself to be at the top again. Bob Stoops, Jon Gruden, Urban Meyer, etc... names of such can only promote a optimistic view on the bleak future provided for what is to be Ohio State's new football program, but one thing is for certain. OSU will indefinitely put its self in the position to be a worthy contender year in and year out, no matter what the circumstances may be.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 06:08 AM       
While Minnesota does have a struggling program, Whiterat has been accurate, Prior is trouble, Tressel cheats, and as it turns out, Tressel lied about his integrity as well which is the biggest slap in the face of all. If Whiterat is pissed about anything it is that this put a black mark in the Big 10's rep, and let's face it he is right about that.
Beloved Cunt
Old Jun 3rd, 2011, 03:34 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
You're just pissed because Minnesota has a poor collegiate football program.

All that aside, Ohio State is a legendary program and will rebuild itself to be at the top again. Bob Stoops, Jon Gruden, Urban Meyer, etc... names of such can only promote a optimistic view on the bleak future provided for what is to be Ohio State's new football program, but one thing is for certain. OSU will indefinitely put its self in the position to be a worthy contender year in and year out, no matter what the circumstances may be.
I assure you, my favorite team's poor performance has nothing to do with me posting links about the biggest CFB scandal of the year. I suggest you wipe away your tears with your wadded up panties.

Oh, and I will wager a banning from I-Mockery that NONE of these three will be coaching at OSU in 2011 or 2012. I don't see how any accomplished coach would want to take over a program that is likely going to be saddled with what is appearing to be the dreaded "lack of institutional control" tag from the NCAA. Yes OSU will rebound, they are an elite program, but unfortunately there might be a few pothole filled years on the road back to the top. Care to take me up on that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
While Minnesota does have a struggling program, Whiterat has been accurate, Prior is trouble, Tressel cheats, and as it turns out, Tressel lied about his integrity as well which is the biggest slap in the face of all. If Whiterat is pissed about anything it is that this put a black mark in the Big 10's rep, and let's face it he is right about that.
All good points but the bolded sentence is what bothers me the most about this whole thing. I value integrity and in a sport in which it severely lacks, it made it really easy for me to root for Tressell and by extension (like i've said several times here before) the Buckeyes as well. What sucks for me as a Gopher fan is that Michigan and Wisconsin likely benefit the most from this in the short term.

And for what it's worth, I feel your pain as 2 years removed from a Big 10 Championship and a Final Four appearance, the very same guy that wrote the recent SI article exposed a massive academic scandal within the men's basketball program that crippled it for years.
http://news.minnesota.publicradio.or...room_cheating/