Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 02:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
The home of Wayne Coyne and the last state in the union to legalize tattoos (2007), Oklahoma.
And now, OK probably has more tats per capita than 90% of the rest of the USA. THAT'S PROGRESS DAMMIT!
You may already be there.
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 02:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by elx View Post
[...] historically, tornadoes and similar storms have been a regular thing for the area, [....]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNN
Forecasters expect even stronger storms Wednesday and Thursday, following torrential rainfall Tuesday that unleashed flooding and spawned a rare tornado warning in southern California.
Quote:
what's different this time is that it's continous and being combined with flooding (which is also regular, might i add) still unimpressive.
If you don't mind my asking, in what region of the country do you reside, that you consider 5" of rain in 48 hours combined with a tornado warning, and potential mudslides "unimpressive"?

EDIT - Hurricane Floyd dumped about 6" of rain in 48 hours in Southern NJ and SE PA, and washed away many homes along the Jersey coast and the Delaware River (both sides) in addition to washing away many bridges and roadways in the area many of which are still only partly passable even today. I considered that then, and still consider it today an impressive display of the power of nature.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jan 20th, 2010 at 02:23 PM. Reason: context
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 02:22 PM       
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 02:26 PM       
She's right about the tornadoes, technically we have them a lot, only thing is they are so small and cause no damage except in 08 and 05.
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 02:52 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
If you don't mind my asking, in what region of the country do you reside, that you consider 5" of rain in 48 hours combined with a tornado warning, and potential mudslides "unimpressive"?
i've lived on the coast and throughout the states of of AL, GA, NC, SC, VA and MD. i've seen my share of huge storms - most notably living in chesapeake at the time of hurricane isabel which killed 30 people and la plata during the F4 tornado that completely pulverized our entire town and killed a handful of people. but that's not why i think this is unimpressive and my point was that this isn't the big deal everyone is making it out to be. this will blow over (literally) and in four days no one will even care.

yes there is a potential danger, but there will ALWAYS be one, it's just that usually it's earthquakes and fires.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 03:01 PM       
supposed to get 1 and 1/2 inch of rain per hour a few hours from now. :O
Mocker
elx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty okelx is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 03:03 PM       
my diagnosis is that you will live, ok? let's talk about something not so boring and un-newsworthy

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 03:05 PM       
no
Mocker
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 03:06 PM       
fine, i hope you drown.

i'm going to go find a better thread.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 08:41 PM       
Quote:
Sixteen years old land.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:02 PM       
Yes. Yes, I know.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
supposed to get 1 and 1/2 inch of rain per hour a few hours from now. :O
Good luck, and I hope that you and yours stay dry.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM       
"what the fuck is haiti bitching about anyway? I live in california and there are earthquakes ALL THE TIME. ITS JUST A LITTLE GROUND SHAKE. GROW A PAIR OF BALLS PUSSIES."

after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:12 PM       
Quote:
i'm going to go find a better thread.
With repartée like this, it shouldn't be too hard, now should it?

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Jan 20th, 2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: speling
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 09:15 PM       
"global warming? i live in a desert and its hot all the time. Quit bitching polar ice caps!"
Mocker
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:11 PM       
basic reasoning skills plus a knowledge of geography and climate present in a science thread? no way no how!

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:28 PM       
I still can't believe new orleans got fucked over by a god damned SEA TORNADO. what a bunch of pussies.
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM       
Can you guys believe that kenya got fucked up by a wave? ive gone to the beach before and waves aren't such a big deal.

waves are fucking everywhere.

I have fucking waves in my hair but you don't see me drowning and dying

the other day I waved at a person and they didn't duck or hide behind america.
Mocker
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:41 PM       
YES, LET'S COMPARE NORMAL WEATHER TO HAITI, KATRINA AND A TSUNAMI. LIKE A MILLION PEOPLE DIED LITERALLY BUT WHO CARES ABOUT THOSE PLACES BECAUSE THERE'S RAIN IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA AND EVEN THOUGH IT'S GONE ON A WEEK AND NO ONE HAS DIED YET ITS STILL SOMETHING TO BECOME HYSTERICAL ABOUT.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:47 PM       
its not normal weather.

earthquakes are pretty normal. hurricanes happen yearly :O

Quote:
looking at the news, it's not just "freakin' rain" it's 5 inches over two days (predicted) - for a region of the country that's not used to much more than an occasional shower or mild thunderstorm, this is big. Mudslides could be a problem, especially with the amount of deforestation caused by the wildfires. In short, this could turn into something very major, very quickly.
how often does haiti get earthquakes and how often did new orleans suffer the brunt of the effect f or hurricanes?
Mocker
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:50 PM       
it is normal.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE
BANNED

Old Jan 20th, 2010, 10:55 PM       
if it's normal then why is it called "rare" and why is it speculated that there will be many records broken including a low-pressure record?

SO NORMAL.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 11:05 PM       
abnormal
after enough bourbon ...
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 11:07 PM       
May I interrupt the argument for a few seconds to post something of scientific interest?

http://www.eso.org/public/news/eso1002/

No, this won't help the people in Haiti, nor make Katrina into a mild rain shower, but it is remarkable what astronomers can do using ground based telescopes, when just a few decades ago this kind of work was thought to be impossible even with space-based observatories.

At this rate, we're just a few years away from discovering Earth II. Paging Deborah Farentino.
Mocker
Old Jan 20th, 2010, 11:15 PM       
yeah, so abnormal that it was happening just a few weeks ago.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/12/13/cal...des/index.html

EDIT: bottom line - this is not rare. california regularly receives all of these things. the only reason this different from all of the other cases is that this storm was larger and therefore effects more area and stronger therefore making it more continuous. ergo, normal and very obviously expected to happen every so often.

-MODERATOR MILHORSE