Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:15 PM        local music scene is fucking retarded
made the decision the other day to quit both of the bands i'm in after this summer. local music has taken a huge fucking u-turn (at least around here) and it's killing me

when we started out it was all FREE basement shows, no desire to get big, yadda yadda. now, around here there's basically two places to play: an art gallery (either free shows or $5 donation, amazing space, totally DIY) or this place called rocko's which is kind of like a hall / bar. the catch with rocko's is that you have to sell between 10-50 tickets (depending on whether or not you're playing with a touring band) and only one group of people book shows there. oh, and the shows there are like $10+, and they book like 8 bands

it's just retarded. no one wants to sit through 8 local bands who are all literally copied and pasted myspace url's of eachother. and i dunno, i really miss FREE local music. for fuck's sake, it's not like we get paid for any of this (nor do i want to). and all the people i'm in bands with are all like "let's tour" or "when we make it big..." and all this shit

FUCK MAN CAN'T WE JUST PLAY SOME FUCKING MUSIC? I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF PEOPLE COME TO SEE ME PLAY

i'm a fucking bitch. die music die
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:33 PM       
Do you need to be on stage? I just want to make music and never be on stage.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 02:29 AM       
I just want to make people move. Success is a by-product. If I get a wider audience through such a thing, so be it. All the better. Though, opinions change.
What Video Games?
Angryhydralisk is probably a spambot
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:38 AM       
It took me FOREVER to find any good local music in Louisville, mainly Furlong (A good Pavement/Ween styled band), the Photographic (Post-rock), and Stonecutters (SLUDGE)

j/k fuck them
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2009, 10:58 AM       
You need to either get a new bar to play at or move somewhere else then.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:11 PM       
Start your own bar and only let bands play that do free shows.
rockfuckcunt
bigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty okbigtimecow is probably pretty ok
Old May 22nd, 2009, 12:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
Do you need to be on stage? I just want to make music and never be on stage.
i'll admit that making high energy music, playing it in front of an audience, and having not only the band get into it but also the audience is an awesome experience (if i didn't believe in this, i wouldn't go to shows). but do i need to be on stage? no. fuck no actually. especially not if it constitutes bullshit like i described above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero
I just want to make people move. Success is a by-product. If I get a wider audience through such a thing, so be it. All the better. Though, opinions change.
members in my bands say that this is how they feel, but i truly think that they want to make a living out of it. i really really don't. i care about other things to devote my life to other than music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimnos
Start your own bar and only let bands play that do free shows.
dude you have no idea

the thing that i guess annoys me even more , is that there is this kid pogo who started working for that booking company i was talking about like 5 months ago. ever since he started working for them he's gotten a (what he claims to be) "good knowledge on how to promote your band and get shows". he was lecturing one of my bandmates chris about how we need to add like 123981923 myspace friends, make banners all around the web, make bulletins every 5 seconds, blah blah blah. like fucking seriously? do i need to do this to have fun?

I'M SO FUCKING MAD AGAIN THANKS GUYS
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2009, 01:57 PM       
Pogo sounds like aguy who knows stuff about things. Shit like this is why I have a high respect for Fugazi.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM       
Definitely no Pogo'ing with Fugazi.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM       
I wonder if Fugazi even has a Myspace I'm afraid to look.

Hopefully there is a "This is not a Fugazi Myspace" Myspace.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:49 PM       
http://www.myspace.com/fugazidischord

☆☆☆☆☆
Old May 22nd, 2009, 11:52 PM       
Well, I guess it's ok cause it's free
Banned
phoenixlipo is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2009, 10:14 AM        local music scene is fucking retarded
Hi,

Not so long ago, Mill Avenue was the center of the universe for local bands trying to break into the music industry. Almost every band signed out of the Tempe scene in the '90s made it via the conventional route, cutting their teeth in the nightclubs along the strip, winning fans, and forging relationships with other bands.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 26th, 2009, 11:11 PM       
nice try, fat vampire from the x-files
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:17 AM       
Get a real job, you bum.