Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 05:11 PM        How many Pollocks does it take to build a statue of Reagan?
Polish admirers of Ronald Reagan plan to raise a statue of the former U.S president in Warsaw, where he is revered for his role in the downfall of communism in Europe.

The 3.5-meter (3.8-yard) stone-and-bronze statue will stand across from the U.S. Embassy, the head of the group raising money for the memorial said on Monday. The group includes Poles living in Poland, Canada and the United States.

"Reagan was the person who defeated the communists and opened the way for freedom in Poland," Janusz Dorosiewicz said. "The statue is a way for his legacy to live on."

Many Poles credit staunch anti-communist Reagan with helping the anti-communist movement in eastern Europe. In 1989, Poland became the first country in the region to shake off communism.

The group plans to unveil the Reagan statue on in 2007 on July 4 -- the U.S. Independence Day.

source: reuters

I just know there has GOT to be a polish joke here somewhere.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 05:26 PM       
Isn't it "pollacks"?

anyway, as long as it's a large one, and as long as he has one arm raised, pointing east, I don't see the problem.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 18th, 2006, 07:29 PM       
One, but the statue looks more like jillions of paint splatters.