Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Out of his element.
DehydratedPorkMan is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 08:44 AM        What Michael Moore should do.
Sad to say, Michael Moore was the reason I got into politics. Not that I entirely hate him, but he doesn't have the best outlook and approach to things. I think in whole he is simply a whistle blower and a rabble rouser and rarely acts on things he wants to do. The most I can remember is when he got K-Mart to stop selling bullets (if it really even was his move). You know what he should do, though? If he's going to keep whining about his hometown of Flint, Michigan and its shitty state, why doesn't he use his money to help it out? Selfish asshole. Take all that money from all those college tours and put it where it's needed.

"At that moment an unending stream of traffic crossed over the bridge."
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 10:54 AM       
Look, the best thing Michael Moore ever said was "We're gonna put the AMERICA back in North America!"
Out of his element.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 11:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grislygus
Look, the best thing Michael Moore ever said was "We're gonna put the AMERICA back in North America!"
Also, it's not like he can say anything else. He'll never be able to make another funny joke or a quote like that anymore because he's said all he has to say. Now he can sit back and lay off.

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:44 PM       
Quote:
Michael Moore was the reason I got into politics
I'm an Astronaut and professional Polo player
Out of his element.
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by FartinMowler
Quote:
Michael Moore was the reason I got into politics
I'm an Astronaut and professional Polo player
It's not something I look fondly back on.

NightOfTheLivingDon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 9th, 2007, 03:04 PM       
Could be worse...could've been Bill O'Reilly...

You hit the nail pretty square when you pegged Moore for a rabble rouser. That's pretty much his only purpose. In a little touch of defense for ol' lumbering liberal, he does bring up some issues that go ignored. I'm mostly talking about Bowling which I thought was a good movie, when he wasn't pushing his shaded-truth-views down your throat. That, however, it what happens in Moore films and, really, any director ultimately wants you to see their side of things be it in fiction or non. What I think people forget is that just because something is presented to you in a fashion where you're expected to believe, it doesn't mean you have to. Any politician, salesman, or teacher for that matter is guilty of the same.9/11... a little too much force. You could have been or followed any liberal thinking person at that time to figure out what that movie was about. On top of that, Moore truly and inexaustably pressed the leftist agenda. That was pretty shameless self promotion as the social conscious of the left for Mikey. I used to think he got a bad rap until that, and now he's been off in the wings being not-so loud mouthed after the sentiment of the coutry was predominantly right thinking for awhile. I expect to hear a lot more out of him shortly.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 07:58 PM       
I think Michael Moore fills the left's need for loudmouth retards that the Right has like Larry King and Bill Orielly.

I don' t think fat Mike should shut up until his counterparts do cause they are all asses towing a party line with little to no independent thought.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 09:13 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courage the Cowardly Dog
I think Michael Moore fills the left's need for loudmouth retards that the Right has like Larry King and Bill Orielly.

I don' t think fat Mike should shut up until his counterparts do cause they are all asses towing a party line with little to no independent thought.
But Michael Moore has stopped yelling. He's let Cindy Sheehan practically take over his site and he's scraping what he can together for some shit-fest movie. Michael Moore is by no means a pundit. Besides, we still have Bill Maher.

UNCLE ******
Uncle_Sham is probably a spambot
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 09:28 PM       
I think he should shove his thumb up his butthole and have a jolly good time.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 10:50 PM       
I never saw bowling for columbine
SHAMEFUL SECRETS ADMITTED
Out of his element.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 12:19 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
I never saw bowling for columbine
SHAMEFUL SECRETS ADMITTED
I reccomend it. It's nothing like Fahrenheit 9/11. There's actually some thoughtful stuff and some good insights and interviews and he acts like less of an ass (not that he doesn't though). But it was a very good movie.

I'd even go so far as to say that Canadian Bacon was better than Fahrenheit 9/11. All I need to hear is Steven Wright say "Welcome to Canada" and I'm on the floor.

Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM       
How can you compare a John candy movie with a Michael Moore 'documentary'? Canadian Bacon was def better than anything I've seen Michael Moore do. (I never saw his first film on Flint MI)
Out of his element.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 08:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
How can you compare a John candy movie with a Michael Moore 'documentary'? Canadian Bacon was def better than anything I've seen Michael Moore do. (I never saw his first film on Flint MI)
Michael Moore directed Canadian Bacon.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 08:51 PM       
Welcome to the I-mockery philosophy forums You've just had your first taste of ant's senseless/thoughtless commentary.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 09:11 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
Welcome to the I-mockery philosophy forums You've just had your first taste of ant's senseless/thoughtless commentary.
His avatar is a ranting manic squirrel. What do you expect.

Mocker
Old Jan 11th, 2007, 11:57 PM       
Learn something new everyday. Why the fuck did he stop making good movies and start doing half ass documentaries?

Judged by my avatar on this board again. I love the internet. IT REPRESENTS WHO YOU ARE AS A PERSON.
BANNED

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 01:26 AM       
k. it doesn't necessarily represent who you are as a person but uh if it was interesting/funny/something to you you wouldn't have used it.
Mocker
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 01:55 AM       
How do you know?

I also don't care to change it because I really don't care what it is. Can some mod make it something more dignified for these faggots?
BANNED

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 02:06 AM       
because you're you and you picked it and people don't pick things to not pick them. I don't care if it's changed, it means nothing to me and i wasn't accusing it of being some hidden secret into your wacky character.
I was merely stating the fact that people don't pick things for no reason. out of all the millions of images on the internet you picked that one which says something. What it says, I don't know.

fuck dude this is obvious it's like if you goto pick out a car you don't pick out a car you hate. You pick out one you like according to some predefined values. Whether you pick a sports car cause you like driving fast or an economy class because you want to save money or some cheap ass 500 dollar used car because you're poor or a cheapskate. Choices are made with some motivations and conditions behind them

My guess is you picked it because of themiddle finger and you wanted to express how much you don't care and that people can just "Fuck off".

I picked mine because I like the movie.
Mocker
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 02:46 AM       
What movie is it from?

Also your guess is wrong.
Out of his element.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 06:06 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant10708
How do you know?

I also don't care to change it because I really don't care what it is. Can some mod make it something more dignified for these faggots?
I take that as slander because I do like the same sex (as does my girlfriend). Also, you're going off topic. This isn't about his movies, this is what he should do with his time, like making you do the next suicide scene in Canadian Bacon 2 - Alan Alda's Revenge.

Your opinion is okay even though Canadian Bacon was seen as a flop and his low point because that was his only non-documentary foray besides his books. You know what? Maybe he should make satire movies. Maybe one day he'll get good at it. But I still think he should shut up about Flint if he's not going to help it.

BANNED

Old Jan 12th, 2007, 04:10 PM       
It's from Fantastic Planet a french animation directed by Rene Laloux