Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:13 AM        Will Cheney, secret service, obey judge?
Judge Orders Cheney to Turn Over White House Logs
The Associated Press

Thursday 19 October 2006

Washington - A federal judge has ordered the Bush administration to release information about who visited Vice President Dick Cheney's office and personal residence, an order that could spark a late election season debate over lobbyists' White House access.

The Washington Post asked for two years of White House visitor logs in June but the Secret Service refused to process the request. Government attorneys called it "a fishing expedition into the most sensitive details of the vice presidency."

US District Judge Ricardo M. Urbina ruled Wednesday that, by the end of next week, the Secret Service must produce the records or at least identity them and justify why they are being withheld.

The newspaper sought logs for anyone visiting Cheney, his legal counsel, chief spokesman and other top aides and advisers.

The Secret Service had no comment on the ruling Thursday. In court documents, government attorneys said releasing the documents would infringe on Cheney's ability to seek advice.

Think they can stonewall 'till after the elections? I will be interesting to see.

My guess is the following people will be frequent visitors

Ahbramoff
Ralph Reed
Grover Norquist
Henry Kissinger

On a side note, does anyone know how reccent right wing convert Christopher Hitchins has reacted to the news that W is consulting Kissinger on the Iraq War? I ask because I haven't seen any, and Hitch wrote a lengthy article a few years back on the case for trying Kissinger for war crimes.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:29 AM       
It's already public that Norquist and Reed had many, many visits there over the past year or so. I'm gussing tihs won't be nearly as "revealing" as we might expect, but it's really interesting in a historical sense. FOr almost any other VP, this would seem strange and intrusive. But since Cheney has such clear influence with this administration, it appears necessary.

What about all of the conservative talk radio rock stars getting one-one-on-one time in the Oval Office to review GOTV strategy? It seems like they don't even need to reveal a log, they seem pretty open about abusing White House time.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 10:21 AM       
I thought it was public that Abramoff, Norquist and Reed had many whitehouse visits, but who's offices they got into was still unclear. This allowed Tony snow to say that some of the whitehouse logged vsits could include someone 'seeing someone across the street and waving'.

I don't think it will be much of a revealtion. I have assumed tat Cheney's office has been a playground for Talk Radio hosts, K-street barons and Oil Execs. But proof will make for an interesting News cycle or two.
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:52 PM       
Do you think he may get impeached fromthe vice presidencey if push comes to shove?