Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Furthermore, I find it pretty amusing that you think my lack of an obsessive hatred for Karl Rove should stand as a litmus test of my "self-professed" liberalism. I find that to be pretty telling.
I find it pretty telling that you find it so amusing. If you read what I said, I explained exactly what I thought you were saying, and asked how someone becoming "above the law" because of past witch hunts could be percieved as a good thing. Particularly when said person is a conservative strategist and you have described yourself in the past as a liberal. If you can't see why I'd find that confusing then you are too focused on winning an internet argument, when I'm not even fucking arguing.

You read WAY too much into my statements.

Quote:
I dunno, Rove very well may be full of shit. If he's guilty of a crime, then I think he'll be punished. That's the whole deal to me.
Rove is almost certainly guilty of a crime, as is a good 3/4 of Washington. The real question is whether he was sloppy enough to get caught and if the crime was big enough to warrant punishment.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jul 22nd, 2005, 11:08 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
I don't think that result would be a good thing. I said that if this case just sort of fades away, that could potentially be the good thing.
Furthermore, I would like to add that I am 100% in agreement with you here. I just didn't understand that that's what you were saying.

and just for good measure
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 12:07 AM       
this entire "scandal" is intensely boring.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:46 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
If you read what I said, I explained exactly what I thought you were saying, and asked how someone becoming "above the law" because of past witch hunts could be percieved as a good thing. Particularly when said person is a conservative strategist and you have described yourself in the past as a liberal. If you can't see why I'd find that confusing then you are too focused on winning an internet argument, when I'm not even fucking arguing.

You read WAY too much into my statements.
No, I don't at all. I think the problem is that you like to cut and run on your statements.

I understand what you were confused about, you mis-read it. I get that. I still say it's pretty funny that a scandal over Karl Rove, being pretty much devoid of any sort of ideological significance, comes down to such "good vs. evil" implications for you. Hence the "HA HA".
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 01:56 PM       
I find you quite tedious, Kevintheomnivore.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2005, 02:08 PM       
quite.