Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Site Forums > Article Discussion
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 03:28 PM       
i always harass people when they are being overly nerdy, in the hopes that they will fly into a hilarious nerd rage

because i am a comedy nerd

Xydexx is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 03:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
i always harass people when they are being overly nerdy, in the hopes that they will fly into a hilarious nerd rage

because i am a comedy nerd
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM       
that had better not be a 4chan reference
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM       
4chan = ban

You all can start thanking me now.

Old Mar 13th, 2008, 04:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer View Post
that had better not be a 4chan reference
It's more of a MegaHAL reference.

http://megahal.alioth.debian.org/Classic.html

Old Mar 13th, 2008, 04:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
4chan = ban

You all can start thanking me now.
Hey, if you're that desperate to get rid of me I can just take advantage of the sunny 63 degree weather and go ride my weirdo bike around for a while.

In fact...
Bane of Zombies
Undead Overlord is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 05:49 PM       
Lucky.. it's -2 where I am and we've got 2 feet of snow. I haven't seen the sun in 6 months, too. ALthough I'm going to Aruba for the Easter season, so I'll hopefully get a tan.

Also, I think that people should get out more often in large groups. Especially where I live. I have to drive from the West side of Cleveland to the East side to see anyone outside...I'm beginning to think I'm the only person in my city 'cause I haven't seen anyone else. And why does the word "Langolears" keep reappearing in my head?
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 06:47 PM       
Xydexx: If you were honestly offended by this, or think that I wrote it simply to "put other geeks down" (odd, considering I fall into about half of these categories), then you evidently take yourself WAY too seriously.
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 08:44 PM       
To be honest, I'm not sure there's anybody, these days, who doesn't fall into some form of geekdom.

Old Mar 13th, 2008, 09:29 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown View Post
Xydexx: If you were honestly offended by this, or think that I wrote it simply to "put other geeks down" (odd, considering I fall into about half of these categories), then you evidently take yourself WAY too seriously.
Man, what is it with folks who always think I'm "offended" by this and "take myself too seriously"? I mean, yeah, it's true I have no sense of humor (I traded it back in 2001 for some magic beans) but the truth is my attitude when I see stuff like this can be summed up with an exhausted sigh and an eyeroll.

It's like, yeah, okay, you can dump on furries/otaku/sci-fi/whatever folks. Maybe it was funny, y'know, last year. I mean, you know Lore Sjöberg did the whole Geek Hierarchy thing already in 2002, right? Six years ago. I know part of creativity is the art of hiding your sources, but c'mon, man...

Nah. To me, the most offensive thing about people making fun of furries isn't that they're making fun of furries---it's that they seem incapable of coming up with any other jokes. They fancy themselves comedy geniuses when they're just parrotting the same old stuff everyone's heard before. I dunno, maybe they're just new to the internets and it's their way of fitting in. I know being a newbie here means I have to spend time in the spanking machine (yay!), so I'm being a good sport and not taking it personally. Maybe I'll stick around, maybe I won't. I can assure you that has more to do with my priorities than being "offended." It's not like I don't have other things to do, y'know?

Look, I'm certainly not faulting you for trying and you get a gold star for effort. It just seems sites like these are a dime a dozen on the internet these days, and I wish someone would raise the bar already.

In the meantime, I enjoyed my 24-mile ride on my weirdo bike and saw some deer and stuff, thanks for asking.

Last edited by Xydexx : Mar 14th, 2008 at 02:34 AM.
OH GOD
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 09:30 PM       
i fell into some geekdom once but after a quick shower and change of clothes i was clean again
The Magnificent Bastard
Tetsu Deinonychus is probably a spambot
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 11:02 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Burbank
no, like, I'm talking you gotta have this antique walnut press, right? to make Walnut oil, and it's got to be authentic or it won't work. And then there's the whole thing with having someone paint a portrait of you while you do it. And that guy has to take a blood oath never to tell.
Yeah, it's called "Nut-Pressing". There's a convention for it next week in Ohio.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 15th, 2008, 10:56 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xydexx View Post
Look, I'm certainly not faulting you for trying and you get a gold star for effort. It just seems sites like these are a dime a dozen on the internet these days, and I wish someone would raise the bar already.
Not to tell you how to handle your life, but if you think it is so bad here, why do you keep coming back and posting? If it is truely as unimpressive here as you seem to imply with that statement, why does it matter to you what was said at all? Why bother defending yourself and your lifestyle choices when what was said here is "dime a dozen"? Could it be that maybe deep down, it is in fact impressive to you and your reply is a bullshit attempt to lash out in revenge?
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 04:19 AM       
Also to be fair most people knock on furries because they have extremely odious personal habits and lifestyles, not because it's the cool thing to do.
OH GOD
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 07:13 AM       
plus you're not exactly one to comment on originality in tactics, mister pretend-not-to-recognize-sarcasm
i got tha runz!
STUD_BEANER_69 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 07:31 PM       
WELL,AT LEAST THESE NERDS CAN GET A HOOKER OFF CRAIGSLIST AND ACTUALLY KNOW THE "TOUCH" OF A WOMAN.THOSE HOOK'S WILL BANG ANY1.
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 07:43 PM       
:facepalm

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 08:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Not to tell you how to handle your life, but if you think it is so bad here, why do you keep coming back and posting?
Since you asked:
1. Procrastination.
2. Curiosity to see whether y'all can live up Chojin's challenge of preventing the forums from becoming another 4chan/YTMND clone.

I know the mockery thing is what passes for fun around here, but I guess the question I keep asking is: Do you know any other tricks?

If you don't, then how exactly is this place any better than the endless repetition of 4chan/YTMND y'all seem to want to avoid?

Here's an idea... let's turn your question upside down and let you answer it: If you think it's so great here, why should I stay?

It's not that I don't have better things to do (and in fact, I spent the past 48 hours doing More Important Things) so convince me. What makes you and yours so special? Why should I stick around?

Quote:
If it is truely as unimpressive here as you seem to imply with that statement, why does it matter to you what was said at all?
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter much to me at all. It's academic at best. You're not going to get me riled up by mocking me, because I already expect that's what this site is about. As I said, sites like these are a dime a dozen on the internets, and Chojin (supposedly) wants this place to be more than that, am I right? Or do you think Chojin is just "taking the internet too seriously"?

I'm just curious to see if any of y'all are willing to raise the bar.

OTOH, if you're really are this down on furries, why does it matter to you whether or not I think this site is just another 4chan/YTMND clone?

It honestly doesn't matter to me one way or another. Chances are I'm going to get busy with other things Real Soon Now and I'll get gone. The question here is whether you're willing to benefit from the feedback I'm offering while I'm here.

Quote:
Could it be that maybe deep down, it is in fact impressive to you and your reply is a bullshit attempt to lash out in revenge?
Heh. By that logic, your continued attempts to bait me means deep down inside you're just jealous of furries and want to snuggle in a fursuit or something but can't afford to buy one, right? Maybe you want to keep me around because you wish you had a silly squeaky pony for an online avatar. Maybe you want to virtually fondle my horn or something, but are too embarrassed of what your other i-mockery friends will think. Maybe you're secretly wishing I'd lure you over to the dark side and take you away from this frankenstein-like 4chan/YTMND horror of a forum.

Go on, admit it, you think you'd look cute in a chipmunk outfit. Even Tadao admits she wants to be an aye-aye or wombat or jellyfish or something. Maybe you're just afraid to admit to your own secret desires.

Last edited by Xydexx : Mar 16th, 2008 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Come to the dark side! We have cookies!

Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
Also to be fair most people knock on furries because they have extremely odious personal habits and lifestyles, not because it's the cool thing to do.
Yes, I agree, most people who knock on furries have extremely odious personal habits.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:54 PM       
I wasn't aware we were competing with 4chan/YTMND. I thought we were just posting shit.
OH GOD
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 11:31 PM       
man how the hell is this still getting posts

boring
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 06:26 AM       
Man oh man, so much mess here to take shots at.... where to start.

Quote:
Since you asked:
1. Procrastination.
2. Curiosity to see whether y'all can live up Chojin's challenge of preventing the forums from becoming another 4chan/YTMND clone.

I know the mockery thing is what passes for fun around here, but I guess the question I keep asking is: Do you know any other tricks?
You didn't actually give any sort of substantial answer to my question. Perhaps because you don't have any valid answer of substance. As I said, if you hate it so much, if it is as subpar here as you claim you think it is, you would have never posted here in the first place. But you did, that means something, and that something is the opposite of, "this place is boring and I have seen all this before,"

Quote:
If you don't, then how exactly is this place any better than the endless repetition of 4chan/YTMND y'all seem to want to avoid?

Here's an idea... let's turn your question upside down and let you answer it: If you think it's so great here, why should I stay?
Nice try, but as you are the one coming in here telling us our standards are not up to snuff, the onus is on you to back that argument up. As it stands, nobody here wants to convince you to stay because frankly we don't care. But when you start telling people they are like 4chan/ytmnd posters in a baseless attempt to get a rise out of us, we are going to lay the verbal smackdown on you. It is as simple as that. As it happens, you told everyone here you are a furry, so all you did was give us a target to blast. That would be your fault. Had you not wanted to hear "all the same furry jokes" you wouldn't have told us you were a furry would you? Unless of course you are too lacking in wits to know that revealing your love of all things furry would merely give us a target to make fun of. So which are you, a lackwit, or a masochist?

Quote:
It's not that I don't have better things to do (and in fact, I spent the past 48 hours doing More Important Things)
Like what? Selecting a condom that looks like a weasel?

Quote:
so convince me. What makes you and yours so special? Why should I stick around?
I believe I already addressed this. Stick around, or don't. My world and the world of everyone else will not change either way.

Quote:
In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter much to me at all. It's academic at best. You're not going to get me riled up by mocking me, because I already expect that's what this site is about. As I said, sites like these are a dime a dozen on the internets, and Chojin (supposedly) wants this place to be more than that, am I right? Or do you think Chojin is just "taking the internet too seriously"?
I am not convinced of any of this. Had you said nothing in reply to my questions I would have been, but you proved my point by replying. We have you riled up. You actually took time to create an account exclusively to defend your lifestyle. If that isn't caring about what others think, I don't know what is.

Quote:
OTOH, if you're really are this down on furries, why does it matter to you whether or not I think this site is just another 4chan/YTMND clone?
To me personally, it matters little other than it was an insult, so I asked you to explain why you felt the need to come in here and start a ruckus. Why out of all the "dime a dozen sites" that all doubtlessly blast furries in ways "you have heard before" are we the one you had to create a new account on and troll? Trying to reverse my argument against me is a worthless defense because I was already here posting weeks before this article was posted and weeks before your account existed. I didn't create a new account to defend i-mockery posters from you. So I say once again, the onus is on you to back your argument up. Not take mine and regurgitate it back to me by inserting your view into it. If I wanted that, I would record myself on a tape recorder and argue with that, or buy a parrot.... Wait I get it, you are acting out a furry fantasy right now by pretending to be a parrot aren't you?

Quote:
Heh. By that logic, your continued attempts to bait me means deep down inside you're just jealous of furries and want to snuggle in a fursuit or something but can't afford to buy one, right? Maybe you want to keep me around because you wish you had a silly squeaky pony for an online avatar. Maybe you want to virtually fondle my horn or something, but are too embarrassed of what your other i-mockery friends will think. Maybe you're secretly wishing I'd lure you over to the dark side and take you away from this frankenstein-like 4chan/YTMND horror of a forum.

Go on, admit it, you think you'd look cute in a chipmunk outfit. Even Tadao admits she wants to be an aye-aye or wombat or jellyfish or something. Maybe you're just afraid to admit to your own secret desires.
Did you even read the comments before you posted your first one, or did you just go straight to blasting Protoclown? I point you to the fourth post on page one where I said:

"My friends and I stopped hanging out with a guy because he fell in with the furry crowd. I hesitate to call them a geek though, it is insulting to geeks. I actually rank them about equal with the trenchcoat guy who goes to those run down porno theaters."

Does that sound like someone who wants to be in with furries? If I wanted it, i would have already been one, I had an in long ago when he tried to convert me and because he tried to convert me, myself and my best friend and his wife and another couple we all hang out with simply got out of his life. We wish him well, we don't go to his house and make fun of him for his choice, but we do not want to be a part of that world. So I think that particular attempt to once again reverse my arguement against me was weak at best.

It's called reading comprehension, I highly recommend it.

You might want to bring something other than my own argument style back at me, all that shows is you have no valid argument to counter me with. Unless of course you are merely acting out those parrot fantasies I referred to earlier...

And by the way, way to accuse people of being unorignal and then completely rip off my argument in an attempt to counter it...

Last edited by Pentegarn : Mar 17th, 2008 at 02:10 PM.

Old Mar 17th, 2008, 10:34 AM       
Quote:
Man oh man, so much mess here to take shots at.... where to start.
A good place to start would've been a valid rebuttal instead of flying off the handle in a failed attempt to get a rise out of me.

Anyone else care to explain how this place is better than 4chan/YTMND since Pentegarn doesn't seem up to the challenge?
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 17th, 2008, 02:06 PM       
Quote:
A good place to start would've been a valid rebuttal instead of flying off the handle in a failed attempt to get a rise out of me.

Anyone else care to explain how this place is better than 4chan/YTMND since Pentegarn doesn't seem up to the challenge?
I thought I already told you, the onus is on you to back your weak argument up. Since you failed to do that, I will assume you can't.

You want a reason? Fine, we are better because I said so. That should be good enough for you since you clearly cannot counter anything I say without ripping off my tactics. Want another reason, a reason that states why you think it is better here? You are here arguing your case here, and not at 4chan and ytmnd. I would ask if anyone else would like to defend you since you are unable to defend yourself, but I won't because 1) all I would be doing is ripping your tactic off, even though I more than proved your take on i-mockery lacked substance so that question you asked would be invalid and 2) nobody here wants to defend you.

I expect your next reply (cause you cannot resist it) will be to give me a take with a 1) and 2) reason in it because I just did that in my post and all you seem capable of is your little parrot act.

Old Mar 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM       
Quote:
Anyone? Anyone?