Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 07:52 PM       
I love the "If you don't tip you must not know how hard it is to wait tables". No one is forced to wait tables and it's not the customer's fault that everyone is fucked into relying on tips.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 07:58 PM       
No one is forcing you to got to a restaurant to eat either.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 08:03 PM       
HEY GUYS! I DON'T WANNA HERE ANYONE COMPLAIN ABOUT ANYTHING EVER AGAIN. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO LIVE.
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 09:49 PM       
You know who I really hate are when people stand outside of supermarkets and offer to carry peoples bags to their cars. They accost me and harass me for saying no. I don't want those little monster people anywhere near my food.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM       
I've never had that happen to me, I do like to glare at the cookie girls out front though.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Nov 22nd, 2009, 11:20 PM       
i was a waiter one time but it wasn't at a real restaurant it was like a fast food/restaurant diner place, but it would get pretty busy at lunch and i was the only waiter usually. It had normal food with plates and such so it was pretty much like a regular restaurant and i had to serve everything on a tray but it had self-serve sodas. If I wanted to pimp the tips though id usually refill people's sodas for them :O
didn't always get tipped but i got paid minimum wage...
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 12:41 AM       
I was a waiter for a few months a few years ago, so I think I understand how the job works.

I agree with Evil Robot in that tipping only exists because restaurant owners are greedy bastards. Still, I tip just because I feel like I'm obligated. I understand that I could be all principled and fight the system and s*it, but at the end of the day I'm only hurting some kid/guy trying to make it through life. With all this said, if you're a fucki*g moron who does the exact opposite of what a waiter should do then you probably don't deserve a tip and you probably need to think of a career change.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 01:32 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
I've never had that happen to me, I do like to glare at the cookie girls out front though.
Lustfully, though, right?
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 01:36 AM       
Yeah, and I write my # on the money.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 02:42 AM       
I hate tipping and usually only give really good tips when the server does a better than average job. Otherwise, it's just a few bucks. I'm a student relying on student loans and bursaries, so it's not like I have the extra money anyway.

That was very funny. Well done.
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 06:15 AM       
I tip when it's earned. I'm not hard to please, and I understand the service industry pays shit, but nobody is entitled to free money. I work hard for my money and I expect that same respect out of my server. I'm enough of an asshole to leave a penny if the service is really poor. I'll tip 'alright' service 10% to 15% because it's easy to figure out. If someone has done their job well and gone a little extra either with service or attitude, I'll tip about 20%. I do tip on take-out (something too few people do) if the service is good and the staff is polite.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 07:16 AM       
People shouldn't expect money in return for being polite and helpful people
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 08:23 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tadao View Post
No one is forcing you to got to a restaurant to eat either.
I appreciate your tactics but I still don't understand why people choose to attack the customer instead of the source of the problem. I guess because it's easier to try and guilt other people into paying you to do your job instead of the company that hired you.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 08:35 AM       
They should get a union together.

I'm sorry, I crack myself up sometimes.
LOVES the tubal ligation!
Dimnos is probably a real personDimnos is probably a real person
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 10:41 AM       
They should just get paid like regular people. The gratuity system is total BS. At most I leave $3 if they performed a little better than expected. I have never seen anyone go "above and beyond". Normally I only give them $2 and a lot of the time they totally suck and they dont get shit. Last place I went was a Mexican restaurant and the chick kept saying she was going to bring us more chips for our quaso but never did. She must have stopped by our table 6 fucking times to see if we needed anything but never brought us more tea or chips. Most useless bitch ever.
the axe and the smasher
robo_rob is probably a spambot
Old Nov 23rd, 2009, 03:41 PM       
I have no problem tipping, however it's only about 10%-15%. If I'm at some super fancy restaurant maybe more, but seriously. If my bill is around $10, I shouldnt be expected to tip more than a few dollars.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 25th, 2009, 06:00 PM       
If there service is shit I'll make them play FIND THE TIP. Where I leave a less than decent tip hidden on the table somewhere. If the server is shitty and the busser happens to find a $5 stuck between two plates I guess the busser just wanted it more.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 02:25 AM       
There is absolutely no reason not to tip. If you're really such a douchebag, don't expect anything good to come of your time in a restaurant. Most of the time, we can tell if you're going to leave us a shitty tip within the first few minutes of your time there and I personally like to earn every red cent of that $1 you were planning on leaving me. I'll make sure your glass stays empty, you don't get more bread, your food goes out cold, whatever it takes to piss you off and get you out of my section so that someone who isn't so worthless can have a seat.

If you're a minority, it probably won't matter either way.
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM       
Also, I don't fault the wait-staff for the quality of the food. I know a couple people that do and that's a little screwed up.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 02:33 AM       
I missed you, dago.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 01:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype View Post
There is absolutely no reason not to tip. If you're really such a douchebag, don't expect anything good to come of your time in a restaurant. Most of the time, we can tell if you're going to leave us a shitty tip within the first few minutes of your time there and I personally like to earn every red cent of that $1 you were planning on leaving me. I'll make sure your glass stays empty, you don't get more bread, your food goes out cold, whatever it takes to piss you off and get you out of my section so that someone who isn't so worthless can have a seat.

If you're a minority, it probably won't matter either way.
Seriously, you've probably fucked yourself over with that tactic more times than you've been right.

There were probably a bunch of times where people had a bad day, maybe didn't look too cheerful coming in, and you suspected that they were cheap. Then they see an angry looking Italian bringing them cold food, not refilling their drinks, and just being generally shitty at his job.

If anything, take the other approach. I hate tipping and usually only leave a few bucks (which is usually pretty close to the 20% mark if I'm not ordering booze), but if a server does a really good job, is friendly, and is clearly working hard, then I have no problem leaving a bit more.

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 01:18 PM       
I was a good waiter to even well known shitty tipper customers. I was working for a family that I cared about and I'm not gonna let some cheap ass douche bag talk shit about the restaurant.
Thrills and Oblongs
Shrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty okShrubfest is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 26th, 2009, 03:29 PM       
The only time I tip is whent theres a group of us. Each pays his own, and just round it all up, so there's a tip at the end. But then, everyone gets a decent wage over here. Tips are just bonus.
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 12:01 AM       
No, I've worked in a restaurant too long to make a mistake like that. I can tell by a few questions or jokes or whatever whether or not you're going to be a douche. I can't afford to give good service to douches when we're coming into the money season, so I'm going to turn and burn your table.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Nov 27th, 2009, 12:07 AM       
I love the people who have 2 kids and food is flung all over the booth and the table is a wreck. They never leave a tip for some reason.