Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:24 PM        My monitor is fucking crazy!
Maybe this is a rather unique problem, or perhaps not..

When I moved into a new apartment and clicked on my monitor for the first time, I'd noticed the colors were all warped. The screen had a bluish tint to it, and the color scheme itself was all messed up (i.e. the red spectrum had become BLACK, and the yellows and greens are now indistinguishable). Other than that, the monitor works fine. After just dealing with it for awhile, I noticed that I went under my computer desk, I'd accidentally jiggled a coupla cords (my cords are all kinda bundled, if that matters) and when I came out from underneath the desk, the colors were absolutely fine, they'd been fixed on accident apparently, although I found that it'd flicker back to the blue tint if I accidentally nudge the wire while adjusting my feet to a comfortable position under the desk and nudged the wires, but it'd fix itself, being just a flicker.

Well, the thing is, I've moved again, and the monitor has reverted to the same problem. The messed up blue tinted color scheme. Figuring that accidentally messing with the cords fixed it last time, I tried to replicate that experiment with no success. So I come to you, fellow mockers, for help.

Is it my video card? I didn't think so, because why would jiggling the cords have fixed it the first time?

Is it the connection? I've tried it, it's tightly connected, yes, but if it matters, I've noticed a single peg on the connecting end from the monitor to the hard drive (as opposed from monitor to wall) is missing. If so, would a single peg be responsible for the messed up colors? I kinda doubt it, because the peg was missing before and it still worked after jiggling the cords.

Is it the monitor itself? I really don't know.

HELP PLEASE!
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 29th, 2004, 04:59 PM       
It's not your video card; it's the monitor. My old Daytek 17" had that problem. It would turn kinda bluish until I jiggled the connection. The connection was on fucking tight, and I even tightened it with pliers.

Eventually, though, the blueness started happening more and more often, and I had to resort to banging on the side of the monitor to fix it.

I was able to fix it by opening the monitor and soldering wires together, bypassing the connection on teh back of the monitor. Of course, the monitor was never really the same after that, because all of the colours were kinda off a bit.

Don't know how to fix it other than performing surgery, or just resorting to buying a new monitor. I recommend moving your computer so you don't nudge any wires anymore.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old May 29th, 2004, 05:17 PM       
Ya, the little prongs that you shove into the vagina get worn so then you only get hues that are good and tight...