Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:07 PM       
Oh, I'm certain the balme is bi-partisan. And please, Kevin! Al Franken or evcen Michael Moore me if you must, but Colmes?! That man is little more than a beard. That hurts. That just really cuts deep.

Oh, and Vinthy? Newt Ginrich thinks the reposne to this at a federal level was really bad. So... Who's in the right here, Ginrich or Bush? Which altra right wing bag of crap is making a valid assesment and which other right wing bag of crap is a gold standard liar to boot?

nd also, where have you been? We've all been very worried and we didn't even know which institution to send a get well card to.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM       
Did you forget? He has been "fucking my mother."
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:12 PM       
Despite the fact that our postitions on Global Warming are the same, I'd say anyone who insists Global Warming is a viable issue are just as simmilar in their argument as the Bush administration. Just as Bush will claim decades from now that he was doing the right thing in Iraq, you will claim that global warming omg omg is coming to get us looong after its been pretty thouroughly shown to neither be a realistic danger, nor something caused by humans.

I generally don't believe anything enviromental scientists say. Theyre the only "scientists" who seem to have the right to lie and make outrageous statements with almost no legitamite evidence then have everyone wave their hands and forget about it.

I guess I sounds like an ass but god I fucking hate enviromentalists just as much as republicans.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Okay, that was sarcasm, right? There are pretty much no reputable scientist left that disagree about Global warming, and that it's attributable to man made greenhouse gasses. Every major scientiffic body on earth has weighed in on this at this point.

Now I'm not saying that this means they couldn't be wrong. I am saying that if you choose not to believe in Global warning, that puts you in the camp the administration is in, which basically says that Science is no more useful than opinion. And that would be sad.
Sad to say, I kind of agree with Vinth. As you must know, science, like anything else is monetarily motivated nowadays. You purchase results with scientific reports that are mathematically skewed, graphically deceptive, with little or no counter-point arguments, ect. Global warming has been horrendously over-exaggerated (and, ironically, oversimplified. Weather systems are complex yet can be dumbed down to this minor aspect?) to the point where most people don't understand the terms and how global warming is even related to greenhouse effect? How much is due to pollution and how much is based on a normal, fluctuating cycle of events that would have happened anyway, regardless ... trends that cyclically existed before 19th-century manufacturing appeared on the scene and, all of a sudden, parallels are made?

Wherever you go, there you are.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 2nd, 2005, 04:49 PM       
What most people understand is of little concern to me. Environmentalists come in many different varieties and are as prone to distort data as anyone else. I'm speaking of concensus, peer reviewed, journal published science, not flakking for interetsts. And by the way, almost all the money out there is predisposed against the majority scientiffic view on Global Warming. The oil bidness has a fuck of a lot more scientist hiring money to spread round than the all the green lobbies put together.

I'm serious. I work surrounded by science professionals, and we're hooked up with thousdands of science advisors all over the world. I haven't met a single serious scientist who doesn't think the earth is getting warmer very quickly, and that man made production of greenhouse gasses is the cause.

But the current popular trend is to view "Intelligent design" as being on a scientiffic par with evolution. (Watch, Vinth will chime in that it is and lots of 'scientists' say so, and I know that so why am I lieing.) that's because while Vinth is on the edge of his own personal envelope, a LOT of people, maybe most people, have only a passing familiarity with what the scientiffic method is. They also don't know the difference bewteen a peer reviewed journal finding with widely replicated results and a puff piece funded by a lobby. I don't see Global warming as an even remotely partisan issue in the science community. I know engineers who are so republican they iron their underwear who believe the data. en years ago there was some debate. Currently there isn't any.

Vinthy, if you want to put forward any actual names of crackpot holdouts, I'll be happy to look into them for you. I know if Rush or Newsmax or your favorite wingnut Booooortz says something you believe it, but those dudes know shit all nothing about science.