Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 10:56 AM       
I wouldn't say the game got hard at all. It really doesn't require skill in the first place, so it c an't really become difficult, can it?

I'm saying that the end game ramps up not in challenge but in how much time you're willing to devote, forcing you to join hardcore alienating guilds.

At the beginning you could have small, friendly guilds, hang out, and do a few quests with your buds. Now they aren't making more casual (not solo) stuff to do.

Maybe now that they're cutting down the size requirement on dungeons it'll be a little better

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Oct 31st, 2006, 02:35 PM       
People who think like that make the game suffer. It may not be hard, but it isn't Autopilot either.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM       
You can't play for an hour or two a week (cuz of your oh-so-busy real personal life!) and still expect to be competing at the same level as people in end game raiding guilds.

The expansion isn't going to fix everyone's problems magically. Raiders will be level 70 first. Raiders will still have all the best items, and casuals will still be getting their asses handed to them.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
You can't play for an hour or two a week (cuz of your oh-so-busy real personal life!) and still expect to be competing at the same level as people in end game raiding guilds.
End-game-raiding-guilds can suck my cock.

I played several hours most weeknights and God knows how many hours the last two weekends and I can tell I won't be able to "compete" with those cocksuckers unless I keep this routine up indefinitely.

Shit, I better not go home for the holidays. Better not spend a weekend doing anything but playing WoW. Need them DKPs to compete!!!

Actually though, I think I can play this game on my own terms, and "compete" with end-game raider faggots just fine. The expansion is going to obsolesce every thing in game right now, and if you don't believe that, then you don't know shit about MMOs.

I greatly enjoy playing this game with a group of RL connected friends who don't take this shit too seriously, and I will laugh my ass off at any loser who thinks his life is more complete because his character in a game has purple armor.

Quote:
The expansion isn't going to fix everyone's problems magically. Raiders will be level 70 first. Raiders will still have all the best items, and casuals will still be getting their asses handed to them.
You sound like such a collossal faggot here, Chimp. Just felt the need to point that out.

PS: Shadowpriest solo grinders will be 70 before the Raiders can agree who gets what loot from the first instance.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:05 PM       
Seriously Chimp, read what you posted out loud to yourself.
Mocker
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 12:22 PM       
don't worry chimp, i still think UR cooler than this guy:
Keg Whore
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 02:12 PM       
He should have rolled undead so he wouldn't have looked so fat am I right wait they can't be hunters what the hell is this crap
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 03:28 PM       
Quote:
Actually though, I think I can play this game on my own terms, and "compete" with end-game raider faggots just fine. The expansion is going to obsolesce every thing in game right now, and if you don't believe that, then you don't know shit about MMOs.

Typical casual player talk, making big claims about how the expansion is going to be the magic bullet which evens the playing field for everyone. If you don't understand that in every single MMO, the people who play the most get the most, it's you that are deluding yourself.

Raiders won't have to worry about who gets what because they'll just keep running the instance until them and all of their friends have everything they want... meanwhile, the casuals will run it once, claim it's too hard or get bored or whatever, and in a month or two, they will be spamming General chat crying about not being able to find a group.

You're looking at the mechanics of the game, but those are such a small part of the equation, you can ignore it completely. More time spent = stronger character.
Mocker
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 04:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp

Typical casual player talk,
I'm sorry I don't meet your "professional player" standards. Faggot.

Quote:
making big claims about how the expansion is going to be the magic bullet which evens the playing field for everyone.
I never said that, or even meant to imply it, but now that you mention it, reduced size instances will make it easier for smaller guilds to compete with larger guilds. A casual-friendly guild with a core of on-every-night no-life gamers will be able to get much further than previously possible. Don't you look forward to 10-manning Ony at level 70?

Quote:
If you don't understand that in every single MMO, the people who play the most get the most, it's you that are deluding yourself.
I dunno. If a raiding priest plays 20+ hours a week, gets every piece of gear he wants, then quits the game cuz the demands of his guild were "too stressful" I think he actually got less than the guy who doesn't play as often, but still enjoys the game. That's totally just my opinon though.

Quote:
You're looking at the mechanics of the game, but those are such a small part of the equation, you can ignore it completely. More time spent = stronger character.
That's generally true, but there are so many different directions you can go in this game that more time spent = more time wasted if you don't have a clear goal.

Especially when every bit of new content added will obsolesce whatever goal you previously had and alienate the folks who were still working toward that goal. Of course, successful MMOs pander to their userbase quite a bit, so those old, hard-fought goals will become much easier to achieve with the abilities granted by the new content, even while a new bar is set in the new content. MMOs are incredibly gay like that. They can be quite fun in moderation, but the people who take them as seriously or more seriously than other aspects of their lives have a problem.
Mocker
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 04:15 PM       
I hear in the expansion you'll be able to turn in BG Honor Tokens for RL Respect.

red8ge is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 07:43 PM       
Is it true the raid numbers going from 40 to 25? Might have been a rumor, I'm not sure.

And yes i play WoW for all 2 people who care.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Nov 1st, 2006, 08:06 PM       
We don't even care who you are Red.

As a person who plays WoW during the Darker half of the year (I'm out and about to much during late spring to early fall) and hardcore it during the worst of the winter, I am able to see both your view points.

True, the only end game guilds that kept me on where the ones that Chimp was in, but due to not having "fire spec" or a high enough DPS, or a working mic, i found myself excluded from raids.

But I also feel the accomplishment when you are totally decked out in cool armor. That anyone lower level then you runs in fear. I had found last spring, before I canceled my account, the joys of a well used Shaman, and the ability to kill levels higher then you.

Well, don't matter. I won't be playing for another 2-3 months.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2006, 09:08 PM       
i actually quit playing this game also
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2006, 02:50 AM       
I never quit. Anything
Keg Whore
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 11:43 AM       
Since I got banned for something I didn't do, I decided to try the test server for the new PvP system. Luckily, account that were active on the 13th were allowed to attend, and the mass ban began on the 14th.

One thing to all the people who enjoyed the time suck: You're going to be pissed. All you have now is a nickname and the gear you got before. Now it only takes 1 day to collect an epic weapon you want. Awesome!
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 12:02 PM       
Awhile ago I realized I only played WoW while drunk. Now I just drink and don't play WoW at all.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Nov 21st, 2006, 01:52 PM       

got this during an ubrs run, rolled need, and got it. it has less than 1% chance to drop and the proc is fun as fuck.

Taken from http://wow.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?witem=12592

"The different procs: [note, all the buffs are able to be cast on anyone of any level (in the same party/raid) EXCEPT the +50 to all stats]

Flamestrike (90-150 fire damage)- breaks sheeps/shackles/saps
AOE Mana and Health Over time (50 every 5 sec for 20 seconds) *stackable*
+50 to all attributes for 20 seconds *stackable, mwuahahahaha*
AOE +25% attack speed for 8 seconds *stackable* - had +50% speed at one point
AOE slows enemy movement speed to 50% for 8 seconds
AOE Stun for ALL enemies for 5 seconds "
Charming
Dr. V is probably a spambot
Old Nov 22nd, 2006, 01:13 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by EisigerBiskuit
One thing to all the people who enjoyed the time suck: You're going to be pissed. All you have now is a nickname and the gear you got before. Now it only takes 1 day to collect an epic weapon you want. Awesome!
YAY
Keg Whore
Old Nov 22nd, 2006, 04:56 AM       
That and the kirmit picture made me giggle like a faggot
Legislacerator
ItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty okItalianStereotype is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 06:04 AM       
well, with the expansion only about two months away, most of the people in my guild have stopped raiding entirely for fear of their gear becoming obsolete. so what the fuck am I supposed to do?
Red, dead meat!
Carnivore is probably a spambot
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 08:17 AM       
I'm in the same boat. Level an alt to 60 or something :/
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 09:49 AM       
We've got some reduced numbers, but mostly we're still raiding regularly. We're not doing anything this week, though, on account of 3/4 of the guild spending time with family over the holidays.

It's pretty retarded to think that your gear is going to become obsolete the instant the expansion hits. The people I've talked to in the beta right now say that if you won't be replacing T2+ items until around level 65-67, and if you've got some T3 pieces, you won't find anything that's significantly better until level 70.

More gear now helps with the grind later!

BTW, Faerlina down and I've got 2/9 Plagueheart ;O
Resident Chimp
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 09:56 AM       
Tier 5 armor shots

http://www.worldofraids.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1264
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 11:12 AM       
WOW has without a doubt the most faggoty armor designs of any game ever. The only good ones are those white priest robes with the hood and the one thing with the skulls and spikes. The rest of them look like something some 12 year old DBZ fan would draw.
Mocker
Old Nov 25th, 2006, 01:02 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianStereotype
well, with the expansion only about two months away, most of the people in my guild have stopped raiding entirely for fear of their gear becoming obsolete. so what the fuck am I supposed to do?
start saving up your gold for the flying mounts. they're gonna cost 1000g for the normal ones and 4000g for the fast ones.

also, like chimp said, any gear you can upgrade now will just make things that much easier when the expansion hits.