Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Art
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fucking Finland
RaNkeri is probably a spambot
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 04:50 PM        Scale models
I hope they count as art.

I used to make alot of models when I was between 9 and 16, and I used to have dozens and dozens of them in my shelves. Anyway, I was able to find a few pics, from an old USB-stick, that were taken roughly 4~5 years ago.

They are all taken from the same model, The U.S.Army M3A2 Halftrack Personal Carrier by Tamiya, which I find to be the best model I've ever been able to make(It is the most dearest to me). Same goes for shading(creates "shadows" on clothes etc.) and "drypainting"(see that "dirt"?) which turned out quite good. The time and effort I put into this one really paid of though. Few of these pics were even released in a club magazine of IPMS Finland.

So, I present you pictures from the days when my skills were at their finest.

I can't take/show you photos of my earlier creations, because most of them were tossed away, excluding few gems like the M3A2 and currently unfinished 1/35 M21 Mortar Carrier and 1/48 Hellcat fighter.

I can only wish that I could afford and have time to make scale models these days :/

Last edited by RaNkeri : Oct 2nd, 2008 at 03:46 PM.
Nexus 7 Prototype
VaporTrailx1 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 7th, 2008, 05:49 PM       
I did a few models, they all suck though. Got a German leopard 2, a f-19 Stealth Fighter(highest selling model ever produced), and a Mig-37 Ferret-E (very rare now btw) I got a t-54 I was gonna use for a Checkpoint Charlie diorama I was too lazy to build.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 10:45 AM       
So I just remembered that this thread existed at one point, and I went to look for it and I was right.

I just bought a load of late war WWI Germans, and I am going to paint them since I haven't got any in the last six months and I need something to distract me from that fact.

Will update when I have something.

PS: Good work Rankeri.
Is a RoboCop.

The Leader is probably a real personThe Leader is probably a real person
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 12:32 PM       
I recently did a photography project for school that involved models of various scales and a miniature lunar surface. You can see a segment of the project on my flickr, but apparently there is a size limit for uploads so it is kind of small. Surveying on the Moon.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 30th, 2010, 06:31 AM       
Your moon stuff is cool Leader. I saw it on your Flikr page.

This is one of many Germans I have, although it's the only one 'finished'. It turned out rather shiny in the photo, but I think it's alright.