Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

phnompehn is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 08:03 AM        Hitler rocks
http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/interne...eut/index.html

Neo-Nazi music files spark German raids
Thursday, March 25, 2004 Posted: 1:30 PM EST (1830 GMT)

BERLIN, Germany (Reuters) -- German police raided the homes of more than 300 people Wednesday whom they suspect of posting neo-Nazi music files on the Internet for others to download, the Federal Crime Office said in a statement.

Police said the nationwide raids followed investigations into 342 people who had posted songs by skinhead bands on the Internet. The songs contained lyrics inciting racial hatred, the crime agency said.

Police said they would carry out 333 raids by the end of Wednesday at the homes of people who posted songs on a music sharing Web site.

"Inciting racial hatred is more than just a petty crime," said Federal Crime Office President Joerg Ziercke. "Skinhead music groups create an enemy image and help propagate extreme right ideas."

Inciting racial hatred, displaying Nazi emblems like the swastika and performing the stiff-armed Hitler salute used under Adolf Hitler are crimes punishable by imprisonment in Germany, the country which carried out the Holocaust.

The Federal Crime Office started clamping down on Internet trading of music inciting neo-Nazis to hate and attack Jews and foreigners in 2001.

The songs convey Nazi ideology and contain lyrics such as these from the group Tonstoerung (Sound Interruption):

"Sharpen your long knives on the pavements; delve them into Jewish bodies."

More than 100 people have been killed in racist violence in Germany since unification in 1990. Most of the attacks are random and involve skinheads picking on foreigners in the street.

Property has also been attacked. Swastikas have been daubed on Jewish gravestones, bricks thrown at Turkish kebab shops and firebombs hurled at asylum hostels. Most synagogues have 24-hour police guards.

German police raided homes of more than 300 people on Wednesday whom they suspect them of sharing neo-Nazi music files on the Internet.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we all hate nazis. I have ancestors who were turned into Jew Cakes in various large easy-bake ovens in Poland, so I'm not a particular fan of skinheads. But is it ethical for the Germans to outlaw these files, as well as nazi symbols? Will it necessarily make people not hate each other or keep the past from repeating?
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 07:41 PM       
I hope they don't catch me for having Burzum
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 03:36 PM       
They'd have a field day with the files on my computer.

Guderian is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2004, 08:28 PM       
This only applies to people living in Germany, right? Damn music nazis.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 02:43 AM       
"More than 100 people have been killed in racist violence in Germany since unification in 1990. Most of the attacks are random and involve skinheads picking on foreigners in the street. "

lol, ONLY 100 hate crimes in germany since 1990? Damn, america probably gets like 100 a day...
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 05:16 AM       
You ever seen British Skinheads? Dumbass people. Their freaking Grandparents had to live through the Nazi Bombings.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 11:52 AM       
I don't think it is an ethical question, it should be based on whether it works or not, as well as what other things might be banned (Some countries ban hammer and sickles! !!)
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 11:55 AM       
NOBODY WILL TAKE MY NAZI BLACK METAL!!!

Oh, and Zhukov, who's in your avatar?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 28th, 2004, 12:10 PM       
Only the hottest young French pop star around!!!!!

Alizee