Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 07:45 PM        The found Cecilia Zhang : (
http://www.toronto-crimestoppers.com...20Oct2003.html

They finally found this little girls body and I really wish that there was some way to better protect children from predators.

I keep having an idea that they could make a wrist band that uses cell phone type technology. Your home, local school, mall etc.. would have recievers and as soon as your child enters the building they press a button on the wrist band and if they leave the building without punching in the code or if someone grabs then and tries to cut it off or there heart rate goes up to a certain level then any personal cell phone with new technology that would recieve a warning that tells every cell phone user that a child is in trouble within that area. I was thinking of this because if ten people all standing in a small area had there cell phones start ringing in a mall with an alert I think it would better the odds of catching someone. Good idea?[/img]
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 08:10 PM       
Paranoia.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 08:12 PM       
Quote:
The nine-year-old girl was kidnapped from her parent’s home in Toronto, Canada, while her family slept
The kidnapper entered through an open window or one that was easily and quietly opened from the outside.

My idea: lock your doors and windows when you're sleeping, and/or don't put your children in rooms with windows that can be entered through.

Your idea:

Every home, school, and mall would need perimiter sensors to determine when a child leaves. Horribly cost-inefficient.

A heart rate sensor would be activated every day at recess, whenever the kid got in trouble in school, or whenever there is an exciting activity in class (or at home, or whenever).

Ten people standing in a small area have cell phones ringing in a mall. In the vicinity of those ten people there are twenty children, and there are several more in the parking lot (presumably the location of the distressed child, since the alarm is triggered when the kid leaves the mall). The one person out of the ten who runs out to the parking lot and accosts the nearest shady character with a child gets maced or knocked out because the shady character thought the concerned citizen was attacking his daughter.

No one would buy a cell phone equipped with such a system because of the inevitable number of false alarms. For every kidnapping, there are a million instances of kids skipping out of school, getting lost for a few minutes, or fucking around with some little gadget their parents made them wear.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 08:40 PM       
Quote:
Paranoia.
Yep... I have two kids and you can't help but be more aware that you can't let them wander around or out of your site in a crowded public place anymore.
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 08:56 PM       
If your kids are too retarded to scream for help in a crowded place, then they deserve to be kidnapped. It's natural selection.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 09:22 PM       
Like you not having a mate
Resident Chimp
Old Mar 29th, 2004, 09:23 PM       
Or your kids running away with the mall Santa.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Mar 30th, 2004, 09:08 AM       
Kids don't deserve to die that way