Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nona F. Mecklenburg
Big McLargehuge is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2006, 03:38 PM       
THEODORE FUCKING STURGEON

esp. More than human
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:13 AM       
Does anyone know anything about Stephen Baxter perchance?

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 09:47 AM       
The Mammoth Trilogy was oddly cool. Other than that, I'm not very familiar with him.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 01:15 PM       
Illuminatus! trilogy by Robert Anton Wilson. Great read guys, he's one of my favorite authors. I think anybody who hasn't read it should read it.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 06:57 PM       
For some reason, I've been seeing those books everywhere, on and off of the internet.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 07:13 PM       
probably because of all these "Magnificient treasure!" National Treasure movies and shit and people think it's cool and hip to discover the illuminati in the dollar bill. He wrote the books in like the 60's though, they are seriously good. You can open the books up to any page and find fun.
For all of you idiot internet children he's the one who basically invented discordianism.

the funny thing is that most people into the illuminati haven't even read that book, and even if they did they probably didn't really get it it's mostly a joke, but there's alot of seriousness there too. He used to work at playboy and people would send in their conspiracy theories and that book is basically a compilation of all the conspiracy theories people would send in. Along with other crazy shit.

he was also good friends with people like Timothy Leary, Alan Watts, the guy who was in naked lunch who's name i can't think of, Dr John C Lily etc.
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
the guy who was in naked lunch who's name i can't think of
The guy who was IN Naked Lunch, or the guy who WROTE Naked Lunch? The main character in the movie was played by Peter Weller (Teh Robocop), the man who wrote it was William Burroughs.
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2006, 07:30 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
probably because of all these "Magnificient treasure!" National Treasure movies and shit and people think it's cool and hip to discover the illuminati in the dollar bill. He wrote the books in like the 60's though, they are seriously good. You can open the books up to any page and find fun.
For all of you idiot internet children he's the one who basically invented discordianism.
Don't think I don't know the Illuminati, though.

I've played the Steve Jackson Game. I need to buy another set, as mine is ruined by water.

Discordianism for me is like Anarchism for other teens my age.

It's funny thinking about this, though. When I think of the Illuminati, I think of the pyramid and the episodes of Gargoyles when they played a prominant role. It also reminds me of the Patriots in the MGS games.

I want to read the Illuminatus Trilogy bad, but I'm already saving my money for stuff. I'll be sure to ask for the box set for Christmas.
BANNED

Old Oct 21st, 2006, 11:58 AM       
you could probably find a used copy for cheap.

and yea grislygus I meant william burroughs.

I'm not really into the illuminati and conspiracy theories, I'm not really into discordianism either, but i still loved those books and the other books written by him. I'll probably never read those shitty dan brown da vinci code books, he's such a dumb cocksucker.

oh man speaking of robocop we watched that the other day what the fuck is with his gun that explodes whatever it shoots?

I like anarchism The real kind though. I'm going to make a topic on this board about anarchy now and connect to some cool writings..
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 01:59 PM       
Easily one of the greatest books ever written and hands down my fav book of all time
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Oct 21st, 2006, 05:33 PM       
Is that a new one? I haven't seen that one out yet.
Darryl is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:20 AM       

The cover doesn't have anything to do with the story.
BANNED

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:40 AM       
reminds me of a CS Lewis book if it was in the middle of a city instead of a deserted planet ;O
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 02:32 PM       
anyone read "devil on my back"? I never finished it but it was pretty good. I don't recall much but it was about a kid in the future wo lives in this crazy sci-fi scity where when the come of age they are hooked onto a big computer and given all the information their culture posesses.
BANNED

Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 05:06 PM       
have you guys ever read piers anthony? he was my favorite writer when i was a kid. some of his stuff is very scifish, i really like the incarnation series he did. there's also the space tyrant series, though.

I don't know how great of books they are though because i read them when i was like 12
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 05:44 PM       
I read him when I was like 15 and I loved them for a while. I have all of the Incarnation series except the War one and I've read Death and Time ;( Time was the best one IMHO
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 06:42 PM       
this summer i enjoyed two collections of short stories by van vogt. but i still wonder how in the hell to pronounce his name.
BANNED

Old Oct 26th, 2006, 12:37 AM       
i think it's voogd

I liked pretty much all of them when i was 12 the one about the space tyrants was good, brutal and was actually "Real" to space. I also read his anthropological fiction books was pretty good too, and that one series he wrote like 200 something books under.