Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 09:27 PM        EFFICIENCY=DEATH
That bit got me confused. In what way am I supposed to examine this statement? Deterministically the strive for efficiency is what puts the process of evolution in motion, thusly postponing entropy. But if a totality in terms of efficiency was to be achieved, then a perfect system would be entropic?...

I'd like to know why you put such a statement in your signature and in what spirit was it ment. I'm greek and hairy and not at all that quick on the uptake.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 09:30 PM       
Who are you talking to, exactly?
Mocker

Old Jan 29th, 2004, 09:49 PM       
Not you, obviously.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2004, 11:12 PM       
Obviously.
Mocker

Old Jan 29th, 2004, 11:25 PM       
Fuck you.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 04:31 PM       
Back (I think) in the 1980's or so, there was a scientist who, while doing genetic mapping research, found the the very ends of chromosomes, their is a breakdown in the protein which corelates to the amount of times cells can replicate themselves efficiently, and which breaks down further after each subsequent replication. If higher powers were really interested in running an efficient universe, why didn't they set this cap lower and why has no one in the middle management of the universe been fired? If I were the Grand Puba, I would show no quarter to these deadbeats who can't maintain efficiency. There is a death quota to meet!

Wherever you go, there you are.
mesobe is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 05:50 PM       
the strive for efficiency is going to be our deaths. Humans obession with efficiency can snowball into the exact opposite of efficiency and ironically resulting in a backwards stride.

The more efficient we make things for ourselves, the less we have to responsible for and ultimately making us completely useless. I mean... dont you think its fucked how if you take someone out of the city they live in, put them into the bush only 5 miles away and not let them back with only the clothes on their backs, they would most likely die of exposure or something! People rely on how efficient their pills, computers and cars are.

Even in just everyday life people have no pride in what they do. The managers at McDicks for example, dont give a fuck about the working conditions or the workers... they only care about keeping drive-thru waits under 30 seconds so fat greasy humans can get their shitty hamburger.

Effeciency is the symbol of what makes society so horrid. Take a pill to get a boner, take a pill to go to sleep, to wake up, to improve your thinking.... effecient weapons to kill as many people as possible...

efficiently = death.
Vibecrewangel is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 05:55 PM        EEp
And sadly.....I agree with that.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 06:17 PM       
mesobe makes sence and Helm is still a dick...Only a total arrogant A-hole will start a subject for only certain people to participate in.
Mocker

Old Jan 30th, 2004, 07:15 PM       
I'd like it if Derrida could explain his signature himself. Or is mesobe his new account or something? It's not that I don't appreciate the other people giving it a shot, it's just that I was originally interested in how that particular user ment it. Not so much a conversation thread as a clarification thread. And Fartin sucks my semen out of a dissected goat's womb.

Oh and the quote I think is "all I know is that I know nothing" which, all contradictions aside, means not exactly the same thing as the quote you put in your signature.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 07:28 PM       
Mesobe is way more interesting than Helm :/ Someone that actually spoke in a clear and consise manner than some retarded intellectual mumbo jumbo just to impress there masturbating ego.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 07:42 PM       
Yeah, I'll remember that bit on efficiency when you starve to death because of an inefficient allocation of farming resources.

Efficiency is the tool by which we can maximize our living experience. If you would rather have more time to rest than make more money in the workplace, you are being more efficient by taking the time to rest assuming that your end goal is your own pleasure. Striving for efficiency in one's life is not the same thing as striving for maximum output of services or products.
Mocker
camacazio is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 08:45 PM       
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The One and Only...
Yeah, I'll remember that bit on efficiency when you starve to death because of an inefficient allocation of farming resources.

Efficiency is the tool by which we can maximize our living experience. If you would rather have more time to rest than make more money in the workplace, you are being more efficient by taking the time to rest assuming that your end goal is your own pleasure. Striving for efficiency in one's life is not the same thing as striving for maximum output of services or products.
Hahahaha! Spoken by someone who's clearly maximizing his living experience. By the way, aren't you the one who said that experience means nothing? Ah, but I digress.

Helm and the new guy make much sense in their statements. Ultimately, I think there's a trade-off for everything. When you have a shitload of leisure time, you tend to grow bored, restless, and dissatisfied. Life can often seem pointless when computers and pills do everything for you. We all work jobs we hate because they're a paycheck and they're something to do between weekends. And we can't wait to get off work, so we can go get loaded in a bar, or nuke a Lean Cuisine and sit on our asses, watching washed-up celebrities degrade themselves on The Surreal Life. By becoming more and more efficient, we are, to an extent, rendering ourselves meaningless.
Old Jan 30th, 2004, 10:50 PM       
"maximum output of services or products" is just a way of explaining effeciency, man... Its the *exact* same thing.

and my quote is right. If you want to look it up for yourself, try Aristotles "The Nicomachean Ethics". Youll find it in there.

Have fun.

and oh yeah.... me is me. Im a new user.
Mocker

Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:56 AM       
Must be a similar quote then, because "en eida, o'ti ouden eida" translates exactly from greek into "I know one thing: that I know nothing" and I'm greek and I've studied the classics so I should know :/ I guess he just kinda said a similar thing elsewhere and I don't remember.

Anyway, thanks for explanation.
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 01:08 AM       
well who knows. It could possibly be the same quote, just transulated into a different flavor.
Mocker

Old Jan 31st, 2004, 01:17 AM       
Also there's a typo in Aristotle in your sig I don't know if it's delibarate (you never know with those post-modernist fellows) so umm... right.
Buggerman is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 01:21 AM       
hmm...
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 01:24 AM       
that is indeed a typo. one of my human inperfections. Thats the problem about operating a computer after the consumption of several fat scoobie snaks.

Thanks

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 01:37 AM       
Helm is hilarious :<
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 01:42 AM       
Helm is the guy at the party who tells you your zipper is undone. Or you have puke in your hair.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 08:03 AM       
Helm is the guy you wake up hugging the morning after a party.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesobe
"maximum output of services or products" is just a way of explaining effeciency, man... Its the *exact* same thing.
No, it isn't.

Triple s, I was referring to espistemology with regards to experience. One cannot know anything from experience alone.
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Jan 31st, 2004, 12:35 PM       
Lets be efficient and feed the poor. Lets be efficient in cleaning up polution and lts be efficient in getting rid of nuclear bombs. Look, no more death.