Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 04:30 PM       
In Internet Explorer:

The squad name in the "Equip Weapons" section of the Manage Company page overlaps the unit type a little.

Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM       
Also, will there be an option/way to upload an avatar?
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 04:45 PM       
Yeah I prob in a day or so. On that subject anyone using IE may notice broken images in some parts, that's just from no one having user images and there being no default. I'll fix that too.

Also I've added a close button to the overlays. To be honest it was always there I'd just forgotten to copy the image to the right place. Whoops!

Boogie: thanks I'll get that sorted out asap.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 05:26 PM       
Internet Explorer:

In the descriptions for the different squads you can by for the Germans:

Grenadier Squad - Grenadiers excel in both attack defence. (missing "and")

Strumtruppen Squad - A good company should not rely entirely on Stermtruppen...

Panzer V "Panther" - ... effective armour and manoeuvability...

Also, I think it's supposed to be "Sturmtruppen" instead of "Strumtruppen".

Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 05:40 PM       
Cheers, fixed those (though they get cached so you won't see the fixed-ness for a while). Maneuvea....bility is one of those crazy words that are so difficult to spell it's broken Google's spell checking. Kind of like Massachusetts - I don't know anyone knows how to spell that one.
Funky Dynamite
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM       
Well I didn't even spell the misspelled version right, so don't look at me.

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 06:21 PM       
dictinary.com

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...aneuverability

maneuverability
Funky Dynamite
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 06:59 PM       
Shut up.

Also: http://dictionary.reference.com/brow...lity?qsrc=2446

Last edited by Dr. Boogie : Apr 11th, 2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: Spelling for the English
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 10th, 2009, 09:45 PM       
I created accounts on both sides and then had one defeat the other.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 07:37 AM       
It's weird it says I attacked you but I didn't. I have no idea how that could've happened. :/

Btw, I'm going to push the win criteria up to about 200 points as the game wasn't being played for the first 70 or so points of this round.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 08:04 AM       
Are you Monster Metal? He just destroyed the Panzer tank I waited until 4'oclock in the morning to get.

Once someone gets the initial advantage can they ever actually be defeated?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 08:25 AM       
OK. No Soviets, bummer, but the UK is an alright trade off. Can we get that changed to COMMONWEALTH FORCES by any chance? No?

I like that you don't have a weak SMG, or a weak machine gun, just "reliable" ones, haha.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 08:43 AM       
Secondary weapons now available. Right now only 1 is available - Sandbags which give you a defensive bonus but I'll be adding some other things shortly.

Feel free to make suggestions. I'm considering adding things like mortars or even structures like bunkers that give big defensive bonuses. Not sure though as it'd be weird for a retreating army to possibly take their bunkers with them.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 08:50 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas View Post
Are you Monster Metal? He just destroyed the Panzer tank I waited until 4'oclock in the morning to get.

Once someone gets the initial advantage can they ever actually be defeated?
Nah that's not me it's some guy I know on another forum. It should in theory be possible to defeat him as it's practically random which units get destroyed in a battle (say you lose 50% of your health, it will randomly destroy half your units). If you have a lot of infantry chances are your tanks will be safer but there is still a chance you will lose all decent units and keep your infantry. The rounds will also get reset every so often (prob every 100 points but I haven't sorted it out yet) so players won't be able to build ridiculously huge companies.

Zhukov: The Russians are actually in the game but I disabled them for the time being as I haven't had time to add any images or descriptions for their units. I'd also need to add another country to the german side (probably Italy) to keep things balanced which is quite time consuming. If anyone plays this game for longer than a week (unlikely) I may look into expanding the available countries.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Apr 11th, 2009, 09:14 AM       
Add barbed wire and shovels to dig trenches with.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

Old Apr 11th, 2009, 10:05 AM       
Going strong after decimating Zhukov's forces, I arrogantly attacked Monster a third time and lost all my units a third time. I assumed you could gradually chip away at your enemies superior numbers with kamikaze attacks but he looted my dead units STG Assault Rifles. I think I'm finally beginning to understand how this game works.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 10:23 AM       
Yeah sooner of later someone will take out his tanks (even if they inflict only 10% damage, if he has 10 units there is still a chance it will destroy his most powerful tank).

Also, I've added an entrenching tool which gives you a good defensive bonus but it also reduces your attack strength.

A quick note on how a battle works - it compares the attackers attack strength to the defender's health, then compares the defender's defence strength to the attacker's health and the winner is the player that inflicts the most damage. So if you plan on occupying a location you should make sure you have good defence stats.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 01:53 PM       
Like now
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM       
REGISTRED AS ZORAK, PLEASE DELETE MY MISDEMON ACCOUNT
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 02:06 PM       
Opera

MG34 Light Machine-gun. +0 / +20

+0 attack?
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 02:38 PM       
Yeah the idea was that you can't really use a machinegun in an attack, it's more of a defensive weapon. The MG42 gives a small attack bonus just because it's so expensive.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 02:41 PM       
I see. On a wishlist, I wish that when I go to change weapons on troops, the default would be "no change" and I could apply several changes to multiple troops at once.

Hope that made sense.
Hitler's Canoe!
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 02:54 PM       
Yeah being able to both buy and equip several different weapons at once is defiantly something I would like to do. Only thing is that it's quite hard to do with dynamic data so I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to make it work properly.

Another thing I've been thinking about doing is having something like "auto equip" which will just randomly assign all your equipment to your squads.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 03:54 PM       
Is there some way to buy more than one weapon at a time?

That was very funny. Well done.
☆☆☆☆☆
Old Apr 11th, 2009, 04:00 PM       
Eat that Mattjack!