Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 10:38 AM       
13 days 15 hours 21 minutes 25 seconds!

are you faggots ready for FORGE?
Dirty Girl
Matt Harty is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 01:49 PM       
I'm buying my 360 when halo 3 releases.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2007, 04:52 PM       
get an elite, or that gay halo scheme 360 (i wish i had an elite or halo scheme 360 )
Dirty Girl
Old Sep 12th, 2007, 01:38 AM       
well all an elite has as an hdmi port which I don't need, and the 120 gb isnt needed cause i'm only going to play halo and maybe one or two other games. :o
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 01:01 AM       
just buy the core system and then buy a 120GB hard drive
Dirty Girl
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 02:29 AM       
Like I said i'm waiting. The newer versions come with an hdmi port which makes it the same as an elite except no 120gb which you can buy seperate like you said. But most of the systems are still overheating even with the extra heatsink they added. I don't feel like sending my system back 8+ times like countless other people.

The newest 360's are getting the 65 nm processors which will run a bit faster, quieter, consume less energy, and not overheat.

As far as I know none of the systems have the new processors in them yet. I've tried finding new specs but no lucky. If anybody else knows whether 65nm versions are already out then i'm getting a 360 asap yo :O
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 07:52 AM       
It's not that the chips overheated. It's that the X-clamps that held on the heatsink, (I think that's the part), would expand and the GPU would either short out or burn up because the thing wasn't close enough.

I can't quite remember which, but if you dug around and replaced the clamps with an insulative material, (after warranty, that is), you'd fix your problem fairly easily.

BTW, "insulative" isn't in the board's dictionary.

And I think the 65nm processors will be out later this year if I read right, if not already.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 11:18 AM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8_TG4bbDQk
just watch it and post opinions

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 13th, 2007, 07:56 PM       
I, for one, feel that this video has been removed by the user.

Dirty Girl
Old Sep 14th, 2007, 01:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
It's not that the chips overheated. It's that the X-clamps that held on the heatsink, (I think that's the part), would expand and the GPU would either short out or burn up because the thing wasn't close enough.

I can't quite remember which, but if you dug around and replaced the clamps with an insulative material, (after warranty, that is), you'd fix your problem fairly easily.

BTW, "insulative" isn't in the board's dictionary.

And I think the 65nm processors will be out later this year if I read right, if not already.
It's really hard to find info on this stuff since Microsoft doesn't release info on hardware changes, but the chips were shipped to US. yet I havent heard of any new systems containing them. And as you mentioned more people believe it's the GPU's size and not the processor causing the issues.

That's fine and dandy but i'm not buying a 360 until it stops being a piece of shit, and i'm worried it's gonna be a piece of shit forever and I wanna play Halo.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 15th, 2007, 06:49 PM       
I just got someones refurbished 360 back, I can tell its not mine since the one I had was a core system and they sent me back one with a metallic disk tray rather than my old Grey one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktjorAheDIw
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 18th, 2007, 08:35 PM       
6 days 5 hours 20 minutes :O

I'm getting more and more pumped as the time goes on.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 01:45 PM       
almost only a weekend left yeaaaahhh

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 01:50 PM       
3days 12 hours 9 minutes 40 seconds
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 21st, 2007, 05:16 PM       
I got a boner!

My xbox live gamertag is ReallySweetName

I wanna play some Legendary co-op!

And then kill people!

And then sit back and realize how unbelievably kenan and kel this game is!
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 04:25 AM       
HOLY FUCKING SHIT

I NOW LOVE THE FLOOD

the whole library level in Halo1 is redeemed by this 15 second clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-bCMhBINiA
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 04:42 AM       
I liked the Library.

Also, on Chojin's indirect reccomendation, I downloaded all three Marathons today.

Infinity has some mega claustrophobic level design. Also, it's really really dark, and I think this is the game where Bungie introduced their TIME HONORED TRADITION of every room in every level looking exactly the same.

1 isn't nearly as bad with crap like that, but I stopped playing it when I couldn't find my way around the service corridors in the first level, which were again ridiculously tight.

That said, 2 is fucking godlike. I highly reccomend it to all of you!

http://source.bungie.org/get/
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM       
www.halo3.com has a walkthrough of the halo monument. Cool stuff!
Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 09:35 PM       
Damn.

This monument thing has got to be the coolest bit of advertising ever.

Last edited by DuFresne : Sep 24th, 2007 at 12:33 AM. Reason: typo
DON'T F WITH ME
Old Sep 23rd, 2007, 11:14 PM       
http://loadingreadyrun.com/videos/vi...ture+of+Gaming

I dunno if that's new or not. But I saw it on digg. Kinda funny. Who all's going out on midnight to get it? Or am I the only awesome badass here?
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 01:00 AM       
I work like 5 blocks from the EB here, so I 'm gonna be going there around 10:30 PM to wait in line. Its gonna be fucking awesome
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 03:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman View Post
Also, on Chojin's indirect reccomendation, I downloaded all three Marathons today.

Infinity has some mega claustrophobic level design. Also, it's really really dark, and I think this is the game where Bungie introduced their TIME HONORED TRADITION of every room in every level looking exactly the same.

1 isn't nearly as bad with crap like that, but I stopped playing it when I couldn't find my way around the service corridors in the first level, which were again ridiculously tight.

That said, 2 is fucking godlike. I highly reccomend it to all of you!

http://source.bungie.org/get/
Your synopsis is absolutely correct - Marathon 1 was pretty boring, bleak, and revolved around SOLVING PUZZLES, Infinity was WAY too cramped for any first-person shooter, and Marathon 2 is a shitload of fun with awesome story :<

I remember M2 and MI having really fun multiplayer, but it's been years since I've played it :<
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 07:32 AM       
Christ, you think they would have made those aleph one installs a little more sensical. I also can't get the chapter art to show up, which is a shame cause most of it's really pretty.

Anyway yeah, these are still the only FPS's from the 90s aside from Quake that I can still play and not vomit all over myself in the process.

By the way, GW, you can hit 'M' to bring up a dynamic overhead map.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 06:22 PM       
You must be doing something wrong, because I'm seeing all the chapter art when I play. Or am I? I wouldn't know, really.

And I got through Infinity's retarded first level with the automap and the fun factor shot up in an almost straight line. Tycho is a huge douchebag.

I managed to navigate the retarded part in the first one, too, and I am actually enjoying it the most out of the three of them. The stories for all the games are so well written that it feels like I am playing a book. A really good book! Plus, if I'm not mistaken, the corrupted AI logs and shit feels like something I'd find in a scan in Metroid Prime, which I always thought had a really cool storytelling method. This game might or might not have inspired that!

Aaaaaaaaaand for whatever reason I find the floating robot wizard thing's death animation really really satisfying. More enemies in games should phaze out of existance in a static explosion.

Also, I think I missed the Assualt Rifle in 2, because I'm on like level 4 with a pistol and a bunch of automatic rounds, and enemies are coming at me in gigantic groups that take forever to dispatch with that dinky thing.

I think I'm gay for this series, guys. :<
was never good
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 08:23 PM       
The thing I love about the marathon series is that there are no cutscenes - everything either plays out in real-time or you read about what happened afterwards, but it's still from your own perspective. You never really know what the AIs or anyone else is thinking, and you're left to deduce what's going on from the bits and pieces you can collect.

I also really enjoy that there's a reason you're there, a reason for what you're doing, and what you're doing is really quite clever (like in marathon 1, there's a part where you're closing airlock doors so that Leela can depressurize that entire section of the ship to kill a ton of Pfhor). In halo, the answer to everything seems to be having the master chief personally murder every last enemy - in Marathon, there's absolutely no way you can do that, so the AIs think of workarounds and ways that you can kill a bunch of them indirectly.

Also, I love the BOBs in M2 and Moo :<

Also, yes, you get the assault rifle in waterloo waterpark. You go down the opposite stairwell from the one that leads to the room with the pool of water and the chip.

Also, yes, the story is uncannily deep and excellent.
http://marathon.bungie.org/Story/