Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2008, 05:20 PM       
I'm reconsidering, and might end up getting it... One issue is that the guy only supplies one power adapter, and the set-up of course requires 2. I'll think it over. Also, are there any specifics I could look for that haven't been mentioned?

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old May 21st, 2008, 08:45 PM       
How much is he asking? And is it a first or second gen Genesis?
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM       
If I were a store owner and some kid kept coming in to test shit out without buying anything I'd get annoyed pretty quickly. Yeah, you wanna buy something that works, but this is a fucking Sega CD. You're gonna end up fucking around with it to find out how to get it to work properly anyway. See if you can buy some extra cords and shit. When I worked in a pawn shop a few years ago, there was a lot of that stuff in a box and you'd be surprised at how often you need something from it :O

That was very funny. Well done.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 21st, 2008, 11:08 PM       
Yeah, pawn shops tend to have loads of spare cords. Try one of those places and haggle them a bit and you can probably get them to let go of them for a dollar or less.
stitchfan626 is probably a spambot
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:15 PM       
speaking of great Sega CD games, there's also Sonic CD.
I hate this hacker crap!
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:26 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu View Post
How much is he asking? And is it a first or second gen Genesis?
I got the guy down to 25$, which was odd, because a standalone genesis was going 39.99. Unfortunately for me, this was when I was sure the CD part wasn't being read. I guess it just depends who is there when I go back again. As for the second question: It's what ever the one in the second picture of the original post is, 2nd?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid View Post
If I were a store owner and some kid kept coming in to test shit out without buying anything I'd get annoyed pretty quickly.
It's been two different guys. Both foreign, and plus, it's a god damn flea market stall. I'm sure they don't really care anyway.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip on the cords, there's a few pawn shops on the route there anyway. There's another "retro-gaming" stall that seems like it might actually be part of an actual business, so I'll check there too.

was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:40 PM       
genesii sell for $20-30 by themselves round these parts, with a sega cd mk.2 selling for around the same price.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:51 PM       
There's a little game store nearby that is supposed to have a ton of old and new gaming stuff. I'd go and get a sega-cd but I can't see myself playing it much. I brought my psone from home cause I figured I'd play that but it's been sitting in my closet forever.

That was very funny. Well done.
Level 29 ♂
Old May 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM       
I got my first-gen Genesis with SegaCD for 12 bucks cuz it didn't have the cords. Then I went to the next stall over and bought the power cords for 3 dollars.

Granted I haven't tested them yet but it shouldn't be that hard to get working.
I hate this hacker crap!
Old May 24th, 2008, 01:36 PM       
Went back to the stall, with some test CD's, result was the same "no disc" error. He ended up giving me the Sega CD w.o cords / genesis for free.
EDIT: Camera phone picture of error!

Last edited by MarioRPG : May 24th, 2008 at 04:14 PM.
pickled
Nick is probably a spambot
Old May 26th, 2008, 01:45 AM       
Have you cleaned it up?
I hate this hacker crap!
Old May 28th, 2008, 06:13 PM       
I'm working on it, is there anything particular I should look for? Should I bother opening it?